2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 29, 2011 -> 08:21 AM)
Great story. No one probably is in a better position to write that story than McGrady too. Hopefully Howard wakes up.

After reading Simmons take on Howard and a few other articles, I don't think Howard's number one priority is to win titles...if it was, Chicago would be his top desired destination, instead, he wants to go to the Nets, the dude is a doofus.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 27, 2011 -> 05:16 PM)
One reason why Dwight Howard may want no part of the Bulls is that Howard and Rose are both signed to Adidas, and that would be very much disliked by that company.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 29, 2011 -> 10:36 AM)
After reading Simmons take on Howard and a few other articles, I don't think Howard's number one priority is to win titles...if it was, Chicago would be his top desired destination, instead, he wants to go to the Nets, the dude is a doofus.

See top item.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 27, 2011 -> 09:10 AM)
1) it's clear that GS has their number. The bulls can't resist playing that up tempo game and we can't keep up or seem to slow it down.

2) It seems thibidou is trying to run the offense away from rose a lot more. At the moment it doesn't look like everyone is on the same page. I also think there seems to be a tendency with some of the guys to want to show off what they worked on in the summer, and a lot of that is 1-on-1. They haven't had a chance to see if it's successful in the NBA live action games, and I think that's taking away from the flow of our offense.

I'm surprised that our team, which has been largely the saame for 3 years, is the team that looks so out of synch, but west coast trips have always had the tendency to do that to us.

One thing I'm glad I'm seeing is Joakim be more agressive offensively. He's shown a nice hook and he's willing to shoot his open baseline jumpers. While he hasn't been super efficient with it, I've seen some nice touch and it will be huge to have him confident doing that. He was doing that early last year and it made his game so much better (since it actually means defenses have to guard him, which will create better spacing for Rose and the rest of the offense). Add in a guy like Rip (who a defense has to play honest) and it should mean the Bulls will have an easier time scoring (since last year at times, Noah & Bogans were pretty much wastes of space on offense).

However, for a team with all of the same guys, they definitely look off. I'm hoping it is because they are trying to work some new components into there game, plus finally work on getting Noah/Boozer playing comfortable with each other. There truly were very few games last year where the two of them were actually at 100%. Even during our playoff run you had Boozer playing on one leg.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 27, 2011 -> 02:16 PM)
One reason why Dwight Howard may want no part of the Bulls is that Howard and Rose are both signed to Adidas, and that would be very much disliked by that company.

My wife got me Rose's shoes for Christmas. Was totally surprised but I needed new basketball shoes and I must say, they are really nice. It is the first time I've ever owned a players shoes. They are purely for indoor gym use only though (want this things to last a long time).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 29, 2011 -> 11:05 AM)
My wife got me Rose's shoes for Christmas. Was totally surprised but I needed new basketball shoes and I must say, they are really nice. It is the first time I've ever owned a players shoes. They are purely for indoor gym use only though (want this things to last a long time).

I'm getting Kobe Crazy 8's later. Can't decide between black and white and red, black, and white though.

Adidas-Kobe-Crazy-8-BlackWhite29423.jpg

adidascrazy8_4.jpg

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 29, 2011 -> 10:24 AM)
How about that blatant travel by Wade on his game-winning shot last night?

Good thing I wasn't the only one who saw it.

He tried to do a hop step, but his feet didn't land at the same time. Plus, I think he moved his pivot foot after he "hop-stepped".

The NBA is full of travels. Rose travels a lot too if we go by the rule book and look at everything in slow motion.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 29, 2011 -> 02:26 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=2528211:date=Dec 29, 2011 -> 11:24 AM:name=LittleHurt05)-->
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 29, 2011 -> 11:24 AM)
<!--quotec-->How about that blatant travel by Wade on his game-winning shot last night?

Aw come on, that's Wade signature move, just like LBJ's three step spin move...

(green text)

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 29, 2011 -> 02:44 PM)
Didn't LeBron literally dunk the ball through the basket and it bounced off of a Bobcats player's head and it wasn't counted? At least be fair, people.

After the replay, it should have. At first glance, I wouldn't have.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 29, 2011 -> 02:56 PM)
After the replay, it should have. At first glance, I wouldn't have.

True. But if this had happened with Rose, there would've been 30 different Bulls fans in here talking about how awful the refs are, etc. Just like they do after every Bulls, Bears or Illini game.