Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heading north on I-290 just before Woodfield mall I saw a billboard for (I assume) a new minor league baseball team of some sort.

It said "Guaranteed championship in the first 100 years, or your money back."

:lol:

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Feb 22, 2012 -> 01:56 PM)
Heading north on I-290 just before Woodfield mall I saw a billboard for (I assume) a new minor league baseball team of some sort.

It said "Guaranteed championship in the first 100 years, or your money back."

:lol:

LMAO! It's the Schaumburg Boomers. Replaced the now defunct Schaumburg Flyers.

Faster-Than-Light Particles Were Due To Loose Cable

According to sources familiar with the experiment, the 60 nanoseconds discrepancy appears to come from a bad connection between a fiber optic cable that connects to the GPS receiver used to correct the timing of the neutrinos' flight and an electronic card in a computer.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 04:37 PM)
In what way?

I am sure there is more "secret" stuff, but this is what Wikipedia says-

Toward the end of the 2010 season, in late August, Rich Ehrenreich's operating company for the team, Schaumburg Professional Baseball, L.L.C., was stripped of its business registration for nonpayment of sales and withholding taxes. Heavily in debt, Ehrenreich was attempting to sell the team since the beginning of the 2010 season to concentrate on the Lake County Fielders (which Ehrenrich co-owns under a separate operating company), and a proposed sale in June 2010 to Adriano Pedrelli had fallen through.

Despite troubles with Illinois tax officials, the Flyers signaled their intent to join the newly-formed North American League in the winter of 2010, intending to play the 2011 season in that league. However, the Schaumburg Flyers were served an eviction notice from Alexian Field on February 24, with the team over $900,000 in arrears in rent on Alexian Field going back to 2007. A Cook County judge terminated the lease and ordering Flyers' ownership to pay the village and the Schaumburg Park District (the co-landlords) $551,828.92 in back rent (although the actual amount owed was $920,000 going back to 2007), with the eviction becoming final on March 6, 2011.

If you walk outside right now on the East coast and look to the South, you'll see a gorgeous crescent Moon, with a bright light very close to it. That light is Venus. If you then look up and to the East just slightly, the next bright object you'll see is Jupiter. Great trio out there tonight.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 25, 2012 -> 07:09 PM)
If you walk outside right now on the East coast and look to the South, you'll see a gorgeous crescent Moon, with a bright light very close to it. That light is Venus. If you then look up and to the East just slightly, the next bright object you'll see is Jupiter. Great trio out there tonight.

All I see are black clouds while the wind is knocking me over and my dog is trying to eat rabbit s***. How's that for a trio?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 25, 2012 -> 10:24 PM)
Geology question for Balta:

Is there is technical determination between hills, foothills and mountains? Was out in Chattanooga two weeks ago and central California coast area last week and had me wondering.

Not really. Foothills sorta by definition sit at the transition between plains and high terrain, and generally hills are more rounded/shorter, but bah.

f*** this morning! I let my dogs out only to watch them chase deer out of the yard, so I get to half throw my shoes on and chase them 3 blocks away in a field to bring them home. (Really it was pretty funny seeing two bassets chasing deer)

THEN I get halfway to work and realize I forgot my wallet and my phone. Yay for being late to work.