Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defend the pass by rushing the passer, I guess.

I like that pick for the Lions in the sense that it will make their team better, but you have to get someone to protect Stafford and you need some people in the secondary that don't suck, don't you?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 08:23 PM)
Defend the pass by rushing the passer, I guess.

I like that pick for the Lions in the sense that it will make their team better, but you have to get someone to protect Stafford and you need some people in the secondary that don't suck, don't you?

Yes, but Fairley is a beast and when that type of talent falls to you at 13 I think it is generally a mistake to pass and you can usually find solid corners in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Beast Dts? Not so much.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 09:25 PM)
Great... double team Suh to get raped by Fairley.

Nothing the Bears can do to outmatch that, just pretend it didn't happen.

What's the Bears answer to that?

Olin Kreutz. And he's not even signed

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 07:19 PM)
You might want to look up Matt Ryan's college numbers.

He was the ACC player of the year in 2007. Freeman got benched his last year at K State. Freeman was an atrocious college QB.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 07:24 PM)
Yes, but Fairley is a beast and when that type of talent falls to you at 13 I think it is generally a mistake to pass and you can usually find solid corners in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Beast Dts? Not so much.

Most definitely. The Lions have compiled some elite, elite talent. They're going to be freakin scary.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 10:12 PM)
He was the ACC player of the year in 2007. Freeman got benched his last year at K State. Freeman was an atrocious college QB.

Ryan also was 2nd in the country in picks that year. Sure he was a great prospect but he wasnt some great QB during his time at BC. As "atrocious" as Freeman was in college, he still put up comparable numbers to Ryan's at BC.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 10:22 PM)
Shut up and pick Hillis

We have earthquakes and tornado's going on in the world but he's got to give a shout out to god for getting that madden cover.