Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

I guess I'm just not impressed by Ingram, but I guess the Saints can use a between the tackles back. Heard a stat today that only 3 of the top 20 running backs last year were 1st round picks, so think you can wait on them. Look what undrafted Pierre Thomas did for them.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SuperSteve @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 10:22 PM)
I know Bowers has a knee problem but I was rooting for him at 29.

When you have Julius Peppers on one side, you don't need a super athlete on the other. You just need someone good enough.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 10:24 PM)
When you have Julius Peppers on one side, you don't need a super athlete on the other. You just need someone good enough.

You can never use too many talented guys. I liked the risk/reward considering Angelo is the one drafting anyways.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 10:26 PM)
Is that who he wanted them to take? Oh, and if the Lions find a way to get Bowers, that would be comical.

It would be but they already have solid defensive ends and have some pretty big needs in the secondary at OL. Doubt they would take him but that would be tremendous value just like Fairley so you never know and if you have a healthy Bowers, Williams, KVB, Suh and Fairley your corners become a lot less important.

According to Jason LaaBlahbalhabalh....Bears were moving up to take Carimi. Evidently both teams had agreed but the Bears hadn't confirmed the trade with the league in time (no one sounded upset, just that everything was agreed right at the wire). Ravens were planning on trading down to take Smith, Bears were moving up to get Carimi.

At the end of the day, neither team was hurt, in fact, the Bears lucked out that KC didn't end up taking there guy so they didn't end up giving up like a 5th rounder or whatever.

I'm sure this has been commented on but I still absolutely hate that the draft is spread out over 3 days. I loved when it was all day on Saturday. Also, ESPN has ruined some of the intrigue by showing the guys celebrating before the pick is announced. Takes away a lot of the drama and mystique of the draft.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 11:07 PM)
I'm sure this has been commented on but I still absolutely hate that the draft is spread out over 3 days. I loved when it was all day on Saturday. Also, ESPN has ruined some of the intrigue by showing the guys celebrating before the pick is announced. Takes away a lot of the drama and mystique of the draft.

I agree with half of this. I actually like the fact that the draft is more spread out as I personally couldn't sit there and watch a whole day of it as it bored the hell out of me after a while(though I can understand why some would love it). Completely agree about ESPN ruining the "surprise" though, definitely takes something away from it.

This is off the topic of the Bears, so sorry

I am wondering if the Broncos took Miller instead of Dareus because Miller played in a 4-3 in college and Dareus played in a 3-4. Most NFL teams are supposed to be better and smarter than that and look at each player individually, and Von Miller looks like he's an incredible player either way, but just looking at the decisions Elway has made since he's been put in charge and how much depth they lack, it really wouldn't surprise me.

Either way, the Bills were going to come out a winner. There are plenty of rush linebackers left - though obviously none as good as Miller - but not many QBs and you aren't going to get anything close to Dareus in round 2. I'm still hoping for Kaepernick and whoever the next best rush linebacker is in 2/3.

Im surprised Carimi is Bear jew as that would make more sense for Matt Bernstein (Bernstein bears and well Bernstein was a fb for Wisconsin)

As for the Carimi pick hes the best lineman that Wisconsin has had since Joe Thomas. The only knock potentially would be that Carimi is most likely not an elite athlete, but the guy has run block for one of the best running teams in the nation.

I also assume Tice knows a ton about him as Tice's son is a back up QB for Wisconsin.