Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 18, 2011 -> 05:05 PM)
Nothing to do w/ Fantasy, I'm a Cowboys fan.

I think he's talking about the post before that one. Where you talked about not starting somebody.

Jamaal Charles is out for the year. I drafted him second overall too. Oh well.

Edited by chw42

According to ESPN Stats & Information, the Saints sent six or more pass rushers on 19 plays and allowed just 13 yards (0.7 yards per play). They sacked Jay Cutler five times in those situations, including a key sack/forced fumble by Turk McBride that helped break the game open.

In all, the Saints sent five or more rushers on 39.6 percent of Chicago’s drop-backs and Cutler completed only 38.5 percent of his passes against the blitz. He also averaged 4.9 yards per attempt.

That’s a striking difference from the season-opening loss at Green Bay, where the Saints sent five or more pass rushers on 29.7 percent of the drop-backs. But the key difference was that Aaron Rodgers completed 80 percent of his passes in those situations and averaged 12.5 yards per attempt.

Ouch

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 18, 2011 -> 06:27 PM)
Most of the difference is the O-line. If what happened today continues for the rest of the season, Angelo should be fired for not addressing the O-line correctly.

To be a little fair, they're now down their entire starting right side.

This Bears team is officially "Banged up" going into Green Bay.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 18, 2011 -> 06:22 PM)
I didn't know that. But you are stressing out a tad much over FF. I understand if you're playing for money.

Huh, this is stressing out?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 18, 2011 -> 04:19 PM)
Alright, let's go Dallas. Get the ball to Austin and Witten and I will be very happy! Starting Plaxico over Britt really screwed me over today, so I need a huge game from someone!

Not a single curse word or anything absurd. But I got my wish anyway, Miles Austin was the top performer this week w/ 32 pts, so I am probably going to win.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 12:06 AM)
Also, loving the Falcons coming back to win. Awesome stuff. The ghosts of puppies past are working against Michael Vick right now. Its fantastic.

I know people in our society think of dogs very highly. But IMO, the well being of a human being is exponentially more important. Vick paid his dues, people shouldn't be wishing harm upon him anymore, doing so just makes you out to be less humane.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 01:01 AM)
I know people in our society think of dogs very highly. But IMO, the well being of a human being is exponentially more important. Vick paid his dues, people shouldn't be wishing harm upon him anymore, doing so just makes you out to be less humane.

Meh, disagreed.. dogs have no way of defending themselves against a human being and have no control over the way they are treated.. but then again, I just don't care about other people

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 01:01 AM)

He MORE THAN paid his dues. He went to jail for what he did longer than just about anybody else does for similar crimes. I love dogs, and have lived in houses with them for the majority of my life. And I'm not asking anybody to like Michael Vick. But people are a bit overly harsh on him IMO.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 18, 2011 -> 03:27 PM)
Most of the difference is the O-line. If what happened today continues for the rest of the season, Angelo should be fired for not addressing the O-line correctly.

A young oline playing in that environment was not going to be good and than to make matters worse you have no Bennett or Williams for the good chunk/all of the game. Than you lose Carimi as well.

This game had ugly written all over it. To be frank, I expect our line to be a lot better by seasons end and think it is better than last years. The Bears line isn't as bad as it was during this game.

I will say this. Jay looked flustered in the pocket but he also didn't make any dumb throws (maybe one I saw all day) from the perspective of TO's. Additionally, he was killed with some costly wide-out drops and there were some times where as soon as it looked like he had someone to throw to, he couldn't get the damn ball off cause he was getting crushed.

All that said, the long TD was inexcuseable in the cover 2 and that sack with the fumble was as well (Cutler had what...2.5 seconds). That was a collosal failure to block and killed the momentum we had built up (heck, the offense looked like it was getting into rhythm with 2 straight field goals).

Presume there's no word yet on the severity of Carimi's injury?

Assume everyone else here is thinking this, but I'm really hoping it's nothing serious. Anything more than 1 half of Frank Omiyale will likely make multiple grown men cry into their beers (and other grown men cry into their helmets).

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 02:01 AM)

"Wishing him to lose a football game in the city where he disgraced himself" ≠ wishing harm upon him.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 07:01 AM)
A young oline playing in that environment was not going to be good and than to make matters worse you have no Bennett or Williams for the good chunk/all of the game. Than you lose Carimi as well.

This game had ugly written all over it. To be frank, I expect our line to be a lot better by seasons end and think it is better than last years. The Bears line isn't as bad as it was during this game.

I will say this. Jay looked flustered in the pocket but he also didn't make any dumb throws (maybe one I saw all day) from the perspective of TO's. Additionally, he was killed with some costly wide-out drops and there were some times where as soon as it looked like he had someone to throw to, he couldn't get the damn ball off cause he was getting crushed.

All that said, the long TD was inexcuseable in the cover 2 and that sack with the fumble was as well (Cutler had what...2.5 seconds). That was a collosal failure to block and killed the momentum we had built up (heck, the offense looked like it was getting into rhythm with 2 straight field goals).

I still will defend the roster construction some, but I have to look at playcalling here.

This is just an inexcusable stat.

In the end, the Bears had 12 rushing attempts, tying for the second-fewest in franchise history, accomplished four times previously. The most recent? Remember the ugly 41-21 home loss to Arizona in 2009? The Bears had 12 rushes that game and three weeks later they had only 11 in a 36-10 loss at Minnesota. Offensive coordinator Ron Turner was fired five weeks later.

Martz came close to 11 last season. Twice, the Bears rushed the ball only 14 times in 2010. Twice, they only 16 times.

Martz ran less than he did in the worst of the worst games for his Kutler-cilling efforts last year.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 18, 2011 -> 02:46 PM)
Can't blame Cutler for being pissed, going on 3 years of just s***ty protection.

The Bears have had an awful O-Line and receiving corps for the last many years. I have no idea why they refuse to improve in either areas. Good old 'Raspy' Joe Buck had quite the damning stat yesterday... the Bears' last 1,000 yard receiver was Marty Booker... in 2002.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 08:26 AM)
I still will defend the roster construction some, but I have to look at playcalling here.

This is just an inexcusable stat.

Martz ran less than he did in the worst of the worst games for his Kutler-cilling efforts last year.

Brad Biggs also pointed out on M&H this morning that the play-calling was still lopsided 3-1 when the Bears were down by 3 in the third quarter.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 08:42 AM)
Brad Biggs also pointed out on M&H this morning that the play-calling was still lopsided 3-1 when the Bears were down by 3 in the third quarter.

Seeing as how our best player, and it isn't close, on offense is our halfback, I see no reason why we'd want to run the ball more.