Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (kev211 @ Nov 18, 2012 -> 04:45 AM)
I'm thinking Oregon should fall back to 4. So if ND loses Oregon will be able to sneak back in after the SEC Championship.

Oregon has two tough games coming up, including facing UCLA who's playing pretty damn good.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kev211 @ Nov 17, 2012 -> 10:12 PM)
As much as I want a playoff system. I love that this happens in CFB. It's the only sport where every single play in every single game matters.

I hate this argument. It's simply not true. Last year LSU and Bama played in the regular season and it had absolutely zero implications on the national title. One-loss teams are national champs frequently. We've seen two-loss champs (LSU 07). Bama lost at home and Georgia lost by 28 to South Carolina and both of those teams control their destiny to enter the national title game. Those losses mean virtually nothing right now.

So don't give me every single game matters and that would disappear in a playoff. There's room for error now and there will be room for error then. Instead of seeing two spots everyone is trying to grab for, you'll see 4 or 8 and more teams will be more interested in a lot of games nationally down the stretch.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 17, 2012 -> 10:47 PM)
Oregon has two tough games coming up, including facing UCLA who's playing pretty damn good.

If Stanford beats UCLA next week, I believe the PAC-12 final will be Stanford/UCLA again. Oregon would only have the Civil War left.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 18, 2012 -> 05:51 AM)
I hate this argument. It's simply not true. Last year LSU and Bama played in the regular season and it had absolutely zero implications on the national title. One-loss teams are national champs frequently. We've seen two-loss champs (LSU 07). Bama lost at home and Georgia lost by 28 to South Carolina and both of those teams control their destiny to enter the national title game. Those losses mean virtually nothing right now.

So don't give me every single game matters and that would disappear in a playoff. There's room for error now and there will be room for error then. Instead of seeing two spots everyone is trying to grab for, you'll see 4 or 8 and more teams will be more interested in a lot of games nationally down the stretch.

Add me to the side of wanting a playoff.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Nov 17, 2012 -> 11:45 PM)
I'm thinking Oregon should fall back to 4. So if ND loses Oregon will be able to sneak back in after the SEC Championship.

I think Oregon should be at 3 but youre probably right about being at 4.

I just cant get over Georgia losing by 28 at home.

FSU might be in play again tonight. If they can beat Florida and win the ACCCG, then they need USC to win and maybe things can fall their way. A long shot at best but they really had no hope before tonight.

Who knows what will happen with Oregon now. Can they rebound emotionally? Kelly might be on his way to the NFL to avoid the NCAA. Might be interesting next week against Oregon St. (edited, forgot Pac 12 plays 9 conference games)

Lots of weird things can happen next weekend too.

Edited by zenryan

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 18, 2012 -> 01:44 AM)
I've been watching for almost 7 hours now and I'm still waiting for this incredible Oregon offense to get to 15 points . . .

Yeah, props to you...enjoy it while it lasts, my friend.

In the meantime, I am still trying to see the Standford receiver's right shoulder hit down in the end zone...I don't know if I am blind, but I am just not seeing it.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Nov 18, 2012 -> 07:09 PM)
Yeah when they play teams like Western Kentucky, Florida Atlantic, and Western Carolina that's easy.

They scored 41 against Michigan, who has one of the better defenses in the country. I don't think the Alabama offense is explosive, but it's not Florida-esque.

Yeah, props to you...enjoy it while it lasts, my friend.

In the meantime, I am still trying to see the Standford receiver's right shoulder hit down in the end zone...I don't know if I am blind, but I am just not seeing it.

But why didn't Oregon's amazing unstoppable offense have them ahead by 30 points when that play happened? I don't understand . . .

That's pathetic

I can't find the link now, but I read somewhere that in the history of the BCS rankings, SEC teams are the only ones to score a "perfect" score by getting 100% of the first place votes in both polls and being first in every computer ranking. Apparently some SEC coaches are very determined to keep it that way.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 18, 2012 -> 07:23 PM)
I can't find the link now, but I read somewhere that in the history of the BCS rankings, SEC teams are the only ones to score a "perfect" score by getting 100% of the first place votes in both polls and being first in every computer ranking. Apparently some SEC coaches are very determined to keep it that way.

And that's why at the least, a 4 team playoff is necessary.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Nov 18, 2012 -> 03:24 PM)
Alabama-ND would be the biggest snoozefest Title game ever. Sorry, nothing appealing about 2 mediocre offenses pillow fighting each other for the title.

Sorry the score won't be 75-72, but it could still be a great football game.

Coming from a guy with a team in the SEC, this post is interesting.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 18, 2012 -> 01:02 PM)
But why didn't Oregon's amazing unstoppable offense have them ahead by 30 points when that play happened? I don't understand . . .

Keep rubbing it in, HH...and enjoy it while it lasts...