Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 11:48 PM)
The more s*** I read the more I believe Te'o's story. This is just unbelievably sad.

The more s*** I read the more I get confused.

I do know that he lied out his ass though at points. We just don't know what he lied about.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 11:56 PM)
The more s*** I read the more I get confused.

I do know that he lied out his ass though at points. We just don't know what he lied about.

It's just way too much, reading through Twitter timelines it seems every Samoan in southern California is in on the joke.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 12:02 AM)
It's just way too much, reading through Twitter timelines it seems every Samoan in southern California is in on the joke.

Which means that Te'o is either a evil genius OR he just lied about all the meeting her and stuff.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 12:04 AM)
Read the Twitter you posted. He clarifies a lot of it. It goes back to what we already knew from Deadspin.

It's all but certain at this point that Ronaiah Tuiasosopo was Lennay, confirming Deadspin's report. The crazy thing is the sheer number of people who seemed to know Ronaiah's game. Tomorrow's revelation will be Ronaiah's motivation and how many people he's duped with his alter-ego Lennay.

Reagan Mauia's comments are what's confounding me the most right now.

Then I go back and read the last 1/3 of Deadspin's article and I once again have no idea what to believe. The "close" relationship between Manti and Ronaiah trips me up and even as I'm beginning to believe that Manti is just unfathomably naive the incredible length of Manti and Lennay's relationship keeps me from believing that.

It's all but certain at this point that Ronaiah Tuiasosopo was Lennay, confirming Deadspin's report. The crazy thing is the sheer number of people who seemed to know Ronaiah's game. Tomorrow's revelation will be Ronaiah's motivation and how many people he's duped with his alter-ego Lennay.

Reagan Mauia's comments are what's confounding me the most right now.

Te'o dad said she came to Hawaii. Te'o himself said that they met at a USC game.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 12:27 AM)
Te'o dad said she came to Hawaii. Te'o himself said that they met at a USC game.

I understand that however the dad's information is likely second hand from the son who's embarrassed over the nature of his relationship with this "girl" he's infatuated with but of course that theory is full of holes.

Then there's this goddamn tweet:

https://twitter.com/MMasifilo/status/291735118819766272

My brain is clearly overloaded from like 8 hours of ingesting this s***, I'm no longer capable of connecting dots, it doesn't help that we're seemingly thrown another twist every 15 f***ing minutes.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 12:27 AM)

Oh, and apparently Brian Te'o was the source for this nugget, not Manti, or so says the reporter from the South Bend Tribune who wrote the story.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 01:51 AM)
Oh, and apparently Brian Te'o was the source for this nugget, not Manti, or so says the reporter from the South Bend Tribune who wrote the story.

His brother was apparently at her bedside when she died. Teo said he met her several times. He then "told ND" on dec 26 that it was fake yet spoke about it before te BCS title game. That's a lot of lies for no reason if he was really scammed.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 01:40 AM)
His brother was apparently at her bedside when she died. Teo said he met her several times. He then "told ND" on dec 26 that it was fake yet spoke about it before te BCS title game. That's a lot of lies for no reason if he was really scammed.

He said "her brother" as in the GF's brother.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 02:40 AM)

well he and ND probably didnt want a huge distraction from the media if he came out saying it was a scam just days before the title game.