Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 08:09 AM)
You're not manti. You have no idea how serious he thought it was.

He said in the interview that he "tailored" some information. If you can back and read the SI transcript that Thamel did with him in September, there are a lot of lies in it if what he told tonight is the truth.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 01:12 AM)
He said in the interview that he "tailored" some information. If you can back and read the SI transcript that Thamel did with him in September, there are a lot of lies in it if what he told tonight is the truth.

I've already said he lied. He tailored the information to make it look like he met her.

But I'm sure everyone in this thread is an angel and has never told a lie in their life.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 01:15 AM)
I've already said he lied. He tailored the information to make it look like he met her.

But I'm sure everyone in this thread is an angel and has never told a lie in their life.

And then went out if his way to mention his dead fake gf after he supposedly knew. That's not just telling a lie, that's f***in insanity. And that's the best case scenario if you're believing all if this.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 02:19 AM)
And then went out if his way to mention his dead fake gf after he supposedly knew. That's not just telling a lie, that's f***in insanity. And that's the best case scenario if you're believing all if this.

And he was still lumping it in with his grandmother dying.

Way to show respect to your grandmother.

Ya man, everyone else is crazy and you have it all figured out. Jesus, do you not realize youre doing the exact same thing youre accusing everyone else of except on the other side? There are so many absolutely absurd details that havent been explained and Schaap didnt ask him so many important questions. Who knows how much will ever come out or if we will ever get the whole story but one thing thats clear is we certainly dont have the whole story now. It just doesnt add up.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 01:24 AM)
Ya man, everyone else is crazy and you have it all figured out. Jesus, do you not realize youre doing the exact same thing youre accusing everyone else of except on the other side? There are so many absolutely absurd details that havent been explained and Schaap didnt ask him so many important questions. Who knows how much will ever come out or if we will ever get the whole story but one thing thats clear is we certainly dont have the whole story now. It just doesnt add up.

I am doing the same thing your right but at least there's some semblance of proof to support my opinion other then just looking at the data and coming up with an answer.

Anyways it's probably best if we all stop passing judgement on manti, nd, and espn until this is all over

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 01:48 AM)
I am doing the same thing your right but at least there's some semblance of proof to support my opinion other then just looking at the data and coming up with an answer.

Anyways it's probably best if we all stop passing judgement on manti, nd, and espn until this is all over

Nah, because of all the conflicting stories we know that both Manti and ND have lied at some point because they keep changing the story. ESPN is doing their best to do a cover-up as well by doing it off camera and not mentioning all the hilarious inconsistencies (aside from Stephen A. Smith and Marcellus Wiley obliterating him).

This is alot more than a little white lie!

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 02:48 AM)

Yeah, you're right...we should probably give this guy the benefit of the doubt. He surely deserves it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 02:12 AM)

He's obviously had a team of lawyers and advisors trying to figure out a way to spin this the last several days.

Seriously, "tailor" the information?

Nice lawyering.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 10:32 AM)
Agreed but we shouldn't be asked to stop talking about this story.

HUSH YOUR MOUF!

No, we shouldnt stop talking. If you dont like the discussion do not participate

Usually I laugh at how ND love blinds people. Now the ND hate does the same thing.

Anyways, ESPN loses nothing when Deadspin reports this. People just watch every episode of Sportscenter to see what's going on.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 06:01 PM)
Usually I laugh at how ND love blinds people. Now the ND hate does the same thing.

Anyways, ESPN loses nothing when Deadspin reports this. People just watch every episode of Sportscenter to see what's going on.

Then why does ESPN care so much about deadspin in general?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 11:25 AM)
Then why does ESPN care so much about deadspin in general?

They are successfully doing the research ESPN won't do. ESPN wants to believe him so much they are stopping at his word and dead spin is killing their story.

http://m.deadspin.com/5977282/in-espn-inte...until-wednesday

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 05:01 PM)

Yeah, you know, other than their credibility.

Speaking of which, ESPN has been caught removing parts of the interview they already reported on. You can't make this stuff up, at this point.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 07:16 PM)
Yeah, you know, other than their credibility.

Speaking of which, ESPN has been caught removing parts of the interview they already reported on. You can't make this stuff up, at this point.

Good for Te'o for saying it didn't affect him in the title game.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 06:31 PM)
Which is hysterical, since ESPN reported otherwise last night. They have changed their story this morning.

Reading the transcript of the interview is crazy. Schaap failing to follow-up on anything that sounded suspicious is ridiculous.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 01:53 PM)
Reading the transcript of the interview is crazy. Schaap failing to follow-up on anything that sounded suspicious is ridiculous.

I don't know about this case, but getting these interviews sometimes means submitting questions in advance for approval and giving up your right to follow-up questions.

Also this: ncf_t_teolennaytweets_400.jpg

Besides LOLing at the "it's the 16th" line, uh, @lennaykay is a parody account by a Twitter squatter. Am I missing something here? This was the same account that tweeted making fun of Teo a few days ago about Alabama. In the initial Deadspin article, it said "lennay" changed from this handle back in September.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood