Super Bowl 46 thread

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya the Pats should have let Bradshaw score right away and Ahmad has to stop on the 1 there but it oh well it worked for them.

And no way on that PI you guys were talking about. Yes his hand was on the left shoulder but he didn't push or pull or impede the receivers hands, definite no call.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 5, 2012 -> 10:46 PM)
If you're on defense near the end there, and the penalty is only 5 yards with no time coming back on the clock, why not put your entire roster out on the field? I know the game cannot end like that, but atleast down to 1 second.

There was 15 seconds left when the one Giants player went offsides and Brady threw it deep to Hernandez but it was incomplete. The play took 6 seconds and really didnt hurt the Giants. I think if the offense can get a 10 second run off in the final minute for certain penalties, the defense should have get penalized too. Maybe on offside calls, the playclock goes back to the original starting point if the team decides to take the penalty.

What is stopping a defense from jumping off in hopes of getting to the QB just to run some time? As long as he doesnt have the clear path and the refs blow it dead, I would certainly rather trade 5 yards for 5 seconds.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 5, 2012 -> 10:51 PM)
ChiTribSports ChiTribSports

M.I.A. the flips bird during Super Bowl halftime show; NBC apologizes.

I'm at the point where I want to see old acts who have made their fame and isnt trying to just get press clippings by pulling these stunts.

Or come up with a contract that any cursing or acts like flipping off the camera can lead to a big lawsuit.

Edited by zenryan

QUOTE (zenryan @ Feb 6, 2012 -> 03:53 AM)
There was 15 seconds left when the one Giants player went offsides and Brady threw it deep to Hernandez but it was incomplete. The play took 6 seconds and really didnt hurt the Giants. I think if the offense can get a 10 second run off in the final minute for certain penalties, the defense should have get penalized too. Maybe on offside calls, the playclock goes back to the original starting point if the team decides to take the penalty.

What is stopping a defense from jumping off in hopes of getting to the QB just to run some time? As long as he doesnt have the clear path and the refs blow it dead, I would certainly rather trade 5 yards for 5 seconds.

Yeah, that was the play that made me ask. Thought it was ridiculous that more time couldn't be put on.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 5, 2012 -> 09:46 PM)
If you're on defense near the end there, and the penalty is only 5 yards with no time coming back on the clock, why not put your entire roster out on the field? I know the game cannot end like that, but atleast down to 1 second.

Id imagine if it was obvious that they would never even let the offense snap the ball.

Did anyone see Robert Kraft's reaction at the end of the game? That might stick with me more than anything else from this game. Sports are an incredible thing. But there is so much more to life than a game. Yet, at the same time, sports can give someone hope. His reaction was heartbreaking.