Super Bowl 46 thread

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 5, 2012 -> 08:30 PM)
Did anyone see Robert Kraft's reaction at the end of the game? That might stick with me more than anything else from this game. Sports are an incredible thing. But there is so much more to life than a game. Yet, at the same time, sports can give someone hope. His reaction was heartbreaking.

I didn't catch it. Can you elaborate?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Feb 5, 2012 -> 08:38 PM)
Seatbelts are fastened and sick bag is within reach. Now I'm ready for a week or two of nonstop Peyton vs. Eli. No use in trying to outrun it- it will find you.

Sure beats anything Tebow related.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 5, 2012 -> 10:35 PM)
I didn't catch it. Can you elaborate?

The word "devastation" doesn't even begin to describe it.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 5, 2012 -> 10:36 PM)
Just one of those things that's beyond words, you have to see it.

Pretty much.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Feb 5, 2012 -> 10:38 PM)
Seatbelts are fastened and sick bag is within reach. Now I'm ready for a week or two of nonstop Peyton vs. Eli. No use in trying to outrun it- it will find you.

That's why you switch to the MLB Network from now until football season.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 5, 2012 -> 04:19 PM)
Don't enjoy commercials the only time of the year that they're bearable, or else you're a corporate sheep.

Seriously? Maybe 15 years ago, now they're just unbearably stupid.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 5, 2012 -> 09:46 PM)
If you're on defense near the end there, and the penalty is only 5 yards with no time coming back on the clock, why not put your entire roster out on the field? I know the game cannot end like that, but atleast down to 1 second.

LOL, we had the exact saem discussion. The fact that the five seconds don't get put back on the clock is ridiculous.

It wasn't the best played game, but it was entertaining. They spent the whole week talking about Gronk's ankle, but it may have been deservedly so. He was not 100% out there and that may have been the difference.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Feb 5, 2012 -> 11:00 PM)
That's why you switch to the MLB Network from now until football season.

And NBA tv.

It is cool to think that I am a couple of weeks away from taking my after work/afternoon nap while the peaceful tones of a meaningless Spring Training game are on MLB Network.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 5, 2012 -> 10:46 PM)
If you're on defense near the end there, and the penalty is only 5 yards with no time coming back on the clock, why not put your entire roster out on the field? I know the game cannot end like that, but atleast down to 1 second.

I thought that too but if the QB notices he can snap it and spike it, get the penalty yards and waste no time. What made that play so ridiculous was that it was a deep route and it burned a lot of time so it was very noticeable that the Giants probably benefited from the penalty.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 5, 2012 -> 09:56 PM)
Also, I'm shocked the Patriots didn't let the Giants score earlier than they did. You do it before you use the 2nd timeout and with 30 extra seconds on the clock and you have a legit shot at coming back and winning.

There are a couple other possible outcomes, if you know Bradshaw is running the ball on that first down play, you have everyone on the team trying to strip the ball. That was when they used their 2nd time out. Prior to that, the Giants actually threw the ball and that could have either produced an INC to stop the clock or perhaps not even gotten the first down.