Super Bowl 46 thread

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (G&T @ Feb 6, 2012 -> 02:18 PM)
I thought that too but if the QB notices he can snap it and spike it, get the penalty yards and waste no time. What made that play so ridiculous was that it was a deep route and it burned a lot of time so it was very noticeable that the Giants probably benefited from the penalty.

It''l probably get at least a second off, might be worth it depending on how much time may be left. But yeah, I would at least put 12 or 13 guys out there.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 6, 2012 -> 11:48 AM)
Deion Branch dropped one on that final drive that could of went for a big play.

Oh ya that was near midfield and he had room to run. Dropped at 53 seconds so there was plenty of time if that pay was made. Brady underthrew Gronk on what should have been a TD but other than that he played pretty well. Doesn't really deserve any blame for this

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Feb 6, 2012 -> 08:56 AM)
Tom Brady wife blames his teammates..

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/06/gisele-tom-b...ts-lose-giants/

She does have a point, as that Welker drop probably cost them the game. That being said, she probably shouldn't say that in public, especially considering how much of a celebrity she is too.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 6, 2012 -> 11:53 AM)
She does have a point, as that Welker drop probably cost them the game. That being said, she probably shouldn't say that in public, especially considering how much of a celebrity she is too.

I don't think it was meant to be public. It says she said it to a friend and it was overheard. It's not like she went out on twitter and wrote that

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 6, 2012 -> 10:48 AM)
Deion Branch dropped one on that final drive that could of went for a big play.

That ball was well behind him and deflected. Brady played a very good game outside of the Safety decision but that was not one of his finer throws.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 6, 2012 -> 06:30 PM)
Hernandez dropped the very next ball after the Branch drop/deflection. Hernandez' was 100 percent a drop. Branch, they didnt show the replay enough but i was fairly sure it was defelcted

Thing is, Hernandez dropping that ball was a good thing. 10 yards in exchange for 20 seconds wasn't what the Pats needed.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 6, 2012 -> 12:00 PM)
The real question is, what in the hell were the Giants defenders doing on that last play? You can't allow two Patriots receivers to not having anyone blocking them out in case of the deflected ball.

You couldn't touch them at that point, (5 yard chuck rule) at least until the deflection actually occurred, and by then it is too late.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 6, 2012 -> 06:07 PM)
You couldn't touch them at that point, (5 yard chuck rule) at least until the deflection actually occurred, and by then it is too late.

You can have people stand close to them at least. There was no one close to Gronk and Woodhead.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 6, 2012 -> 11:59 AM)
Thing is, Hernandez dropping that ball was a good thing. 10 yards in exchange for 20 seconds wasn't what the Pats needed.

The Pats needed to be moving the ball forward, hernandez and branch dropping those balls back to back were 2 first downs lost, and at least a closer chance for brady to launch the ball. Yeah, it stopped the clock, but it wasn't such a great thing because of that.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 6, 2012 -> 12:07 PM)

Well, to be fair, you can pretty much rape people in the end zone on Hail Mary's. I don't think I have ever seen a pass interference call made in that situation.