2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 20, 2013 -> 08:41 PM)
Time for the Patriots to realize you cant win a SB with a good enough defense and no playmakers on offense on the outside.

I think losing Talib really hurt them...as well as Gronk, obviously.

I don't think there is anything about their system that prohibits them from winning in the playoffs.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 20, 2013 -> 11:12 PM)

I don't think there is anything about their system that prohibits them from winning in the playoffs.

Their defense looks soft when i watch them on TV

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 20, 2013 -> 11:12 PM)

Honestly, losing Talib may have been the difference in the game.

So how about Bernard Pollard?

-slammed into Brady's knee, tearing the ACL

-Welker was avoiding his tackle when he slipped and tore his ACL

-hurts Gronkowski's ankle on a tackle, which may have cost Pats Super Bowl last year

-knocks Steven Ridley out, causing fumble that clinched the game yesterday

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 07:55 AM)
So how about Bernard Pollard?

-slammed into Brady's knee, tearing the ACL

-Welker was avoiding his tackle when he slipped and tore his ACL

-hurts Gronkowski's ankle on a tackle, which may have cost Pats Super Bowl last year

-knocks Steven Ridley out, causing fumble that clinched the game yesterday

AND his brother was on the Amazing Race!

"These are the most arrogant [expletive] in the world, starting with [coach Bill] Belichick on down," Suggs declared after leaving the field, according to Yahoo! Sports. "Tell them to have fun at the Pro Bowl. Arrogant [expletive]."

Suggs continued to lay into the Patriots, saying, "That's funny, ever since Spygate, they can't seem to get it done. I don't know what it is."

Solid

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 08:08 AM)

It took one of the greatest drives in NFL history to prevent them from going 19-0, and they are a fluke drop by Welker away from winning a 2nd Super Bowl too. The Ravens haven't gotten it done in a while either.

People who bring up the Spygate stuff are rehashing useless history. All they've done since then, including 2007, is win 76 games in the regular season, make the playoffs 5 out of 6 seasons, make the AFC Championship 3 times, and make it to 2 Super Bowls. Spygate has had literally no effect on that franchise and everything else is incidental.

They are unbelievably arrogant, and he's got that part down pat.

Edited by witesoxfan

Does anyone thing Pollard is going to be a little light in the paycheck after the helmet to helmet hit on Ridley? My buddy was arguing with me that it was incidental.

I was actually surprised they didnt call it on the field, they had already called a few personal fouls on hitting an unprotected reciever.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 08:28 AM)
It took one of the greatest drives in NFL history to prevent them from going 19-0, and they are a fluke drop by Welker away from winning a 2nd Super Bowl too. The Ravens haven't gotten it done in a while either.

People who bring up the Spygate stuff are rehashing useless history. All they've done since then, including 2007, is win 76 games in the regular season, make the playoffs 5 out of 6 seasons, make the AFC Championship 3 times, and make it to 2 Super Bowls. Spygate has had literally no effect on that franchise and everything else is incidental.

They are unbelievably arrogant, and he's got that part down pat.

This is would Patriots beat writer Greg Bedard said about it.

@GregABedard

For those wondering, helmet-to-helmet hits are legal on running backs and/or when receiver has established himself as a runner.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 08:45 AM)
This is would Patriots beat writer Greg Bedard said about it.

@GregABedard

For those wondering, helmet-to-helmet hits are legal on running backs and/or when receiver has established himself as a runner.

Makes sense, given Ridley lowered his head - you can't fault the defensive player in that situation.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 09:52 AM)
Not after that they won't be.

The problem with banning that type of hit is...if you're in a position where the running back or receiver is established, the RB/Receiver have the opportunity to drop the top of their helmet towards you as well...and if you try good tackling technique, with your head up, in that case, now you as the defender are in the vulnerable position.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 20, 2013 -> 09:12 PM)

I think Belliceck was an idiot. They kicked from the Ravens 35 multiple times and those are times where in the regular season, they would have went for it (and they should have went for it). Really bad job of executing as well on the Pats behalf. Great job of the Ravens making 2nd half adjustments.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 08:39 AM)
Does anyone thing Pollard is going to be a little light in the paycheck after the helmet to helmet hit on Ridley? My buddy was arguing with me that it was incidental.

I was actually surprised they didnt call it on the field, they had already called a few personal fouls on hitting an unprotected reciever.

It was a legal hit.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 09:30 AM)
I think Belliceck was an idiot. They kicked from the Ravens 35 multiple times and those are times where in the regular season, they would have went for it (and they should have went for it). Really bad job of executing as well on the Pats behalf. Great job of the Ravens making 2nd half adjustments.

I'm still shocked by those decisions. If there is any coach in the NFL who would go for it there, it's Belichek. Not sure what he was thinking.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 10:46 AM)
I'm still shocked by those decisions. If there is any coach in the NFL who would go for it there, it's Belichek. Not sure what he was thinking.

My guess was that the conditions really had him spooked...

But those same conditions would make it really hard to pin a team with a punt, and if it was hard for your team to throw one way, it might be easier for the other team to throw when you punt.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 09:42 AM)
It was a legal hit.

To expound on that, there is no helmet to helmet rule for a ball carrier, not to mention Ridley led with his head as well. Yes, the aftermath was quite sickening but the hit was completely legal.

Edited by Rowand44

Yeah and watching players fight over a fumble next to his lifeless body was awful.

I dont think anyone stops to make sure he's OK when there's such a crucial play on the field. Its not like you have time to think about the whole situation, that s*** happened in less than a second.