2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on guys, give SOXOBAMA a break. So he's all giddy about his team's chances at winning the SuperBowl, is that so bad?

If the Bears were in the SuperBowl right now, we all would be posting stuff like he is.

Don't take it so seriously, sheeeeeeesh

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 12:50 PM)
Come on guys, give SOXOBAMA a break. So he's all giddy about his team's chances at winning the SuperBowl, is that so bad?

If the Bears were in the SuperBowl right now, we all would be posting stuff like he is.

Please refer to post 8011

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 12:53 PM)
Please refer to post 8011

Well, he did say the Packers wouldn't win the North the next 3 years and I took it as hating because you can hardly predict what will happen next year let alone 3 years from now...and my post was also tongue in cheek.

I'm not getting on him for his 49ers homer posts, let him be, it's not every year your favorite team plays for a title.

But anyways, I'm not his lawyer so whatevah

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 12:50 PM)

If the Bears were in the Super Bowl, I would never post that they were going to win it, because I would just be waiting for something awful to happen.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 01:12 PM)
When the bears are in the super bowl I doubt Ill be on a SF Giants message board arguing with 49ers fans.

But if I was going to, I think my argument would be mainly relating to the Super Bowl Shuffle and why I wasnt there to start no trouble.

LMAO. This is the best post of SoxBadgers long and detailed history

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 01:25 PM)
I wish someone said that was an article by Skip Bayless so i wouldnt have wasted the 1 second clicking on the link.

Why have anything in any sport?

I think the worst article in relation to the game goes out to Reilly. He wrote an article basically insisting that Colin Kaepernick meet his biological parents, because Reilly's own daughter did it and enjoyed it.

Talk about pushing a personal decision on someone else.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 01:28 PM)
I think the worst article in relation to the game goes out to Reilly. He wrote an article basically insisting that Colin Kaepernick meet his biological parents, because Reilly's own daughter did it and enjoyed it.

Talk about pushing a personal decision on someone else.

You guys should totally get addicted to heroin and then get sober. It changed Chris Herren's life.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 01:17 PM)
Time to interrupt this nonsense with a nonsense article about eliminating FG kickers:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8898684/...field-goals-nfl

Punting is an art, but place kicking isn't? Isn't his argument that kickers are too specialized? Punters are too. God Skip Bayless is f***ing stupid.

I also don't think these guys understand how difficult it is to kick a football for 50 yards. It requires talent. Just because these guys aren't bulked up and possibly on roids doesn't mean they don't belong.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 01:29 PM)
You guys should totally get addicted to heroin and then get sober. It changed Chris Herren's life.

You and you friends should totally stab some guys after your Super Bowl party Sunday. Look how good of a LB Ray Lewis became after it.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 11:25 AM)
49ers will WIN their 6th Super Bowl this weekend..

Kaepernick will be the MVP...

If Kaep can handle the pressure associated with playing in the Superbowl, I believe the 49ers win easily. My hope is that Harbaugh will have his mind in the right place.

Go Niners, been a great season!

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 01:34 PM)
Punting is an art, but place kicking isn't? Isn't his argument that kickers are too specialized? Punters are too. God Skip Bayless is f***ing stupid.

I also don't think these guys understand how difficult it is to kick a football for 50 yards. It requires talent. Just because these guys aren't bulked up and possibly on roids doesn't mean they don't belong.

Have you ever seen people go out and try to kick a FG after it "looks so easy" on TV. I would bet that none of those people would go out and hit one in the first 3 kicks from any distance.

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 02:17 PM)
If Kaep can handle the pressure associated with playing in the Superbowl, I believe the 49ers win easily. My hope is that Harbaugh will have his mind in the right place.

Go Niners, been a great season!

I;m hoping for a good game and a niners victory since they have alot of my favorite Buckeyes of the last decade on their team. Except for the douche Alex Boone.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 02:46 PM)
I;m hoping for a good game and a niners victory since they have alot of my favorite Buckeyes of the last decade on their team. Except for the douche Alex Boone.

Boone has been the key to the offensive line coming together over the last year......

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 01:12 PM)
When the bears are in the super bowl I doubt Ill be on a SF Giants message board arguing with 49ers fans.

But if I was going to, I think my argument would be mainly relating to the Super Bowl Shuffle and why I wasnt there to start no trouble.

:lol:

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 01:14 PM)
LMAO. This is the best post of SoxBadgers long and detailed history

+1

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 03:46 PM)
Have you ever seen people go out and try to kick a FG after it "looks so easy" on TV. I would bet that none of those people would go out and hit one in the first 3 kicks from any distance.

Every thanksgiving a bunch of us from high school get together (we're all 27-31) and play a football game. This year we happened to find an actual HS football field available to use. Afterwards we decided to try FGs just messing around. Myself and one other person (we were the only soccer players) were the only ones to make a 35 yarder and half the people couldn't even make one from 25

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 01:34 PM)

Just look at how bad kickers are in college football. If it was so easy, the kids in college would hit all their kicks too.

By the way, every time someone links a Bayless article or mentions something he said, a puppy dies. Stop feeding the troll! Eventually he will go away if you don't speak of him!

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 03:19 PM)
Every thanksgiving a bunch of us from high school get together (we're all 27-31) and play a football game. This year we happened to find an actual HS football field available to use. Afterwards we decided to try FGs just messing around. Myself and one other person (we were the only soccer players) were the only ones to make a 35 yarder and half the people couldn't even make one from 25

Exactly, its incredibly difficult especially with a snap and a hold. Its basically a moving target and your leg swing has to be perfect every single time. And you are literally asked to be a 90+ percent perfect player.