2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 05:12 PM)
I was there last year for a bachelor party and for 4 days the only time I didn't have a drink in my hand was when I was asleep. It's booze, food and boobs down there, all in a 4-5 block area. Nearly heaven, in other words.

I actually just got a text today asking if I wanted to go to New Orleans in August for my buddy's bachelor party. I may not come back alive.

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 02:17 PM)
If Kaep can handle the pressure associated with playing in the Superbowl, I believe the 49ers win easily. My hope is that Harbaugh will have his mind in the right place.

Go Niners, been a great season!

Your another 49ers fan, but you've been very classy this whole year. And SOXOBAMA, hope you have a blast in New Orleans and you better not post until after the 49ers win (or lose) the super bowl.... 3-5 days later.... after your all sobered up (at least that would be me if the Bears won)

Edited by SoxAce

A while back, a bunch of the 49ers players participated in one of the "It gets better" anti-LGBT-bullying videos.

After their gay bashing CB came out, they were asked about that video by the USA Today, and 2 of the players in it denied ever participating or claimed they didn't know what they were doing or claimed it was just a generic anti-bullying video.

F*** it. Go Ravens.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 06:50 PM)
They would be discussing the game. Not repeating "THE 49ERS WILL WIN THE SUPERBOWL. COLIN KAEPERNICK WILL BE MVP."

We had a superbowl thread on this forum within the last 10 years. I remember what it was like.

SoxTalk is known for its unbridled optimism in all things Chicago sports

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 04:37 PM)
I don't think it would be worth it! Look at Janikowski.

The thing is, in ideal conditions, Janikowski probably has a 65-70 yard leg. It's just teams are too scared of the consequences of a miss from that distance that kickers will never get to attempt it unless it is a unique game circumstance

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 1, 2013 -> 08:20 AM)
SoxTalk is known for its unbridled optimism in all things Chicago sports

Exactimundo, you could see alot of it over at the NBA thread with the almost over the top mancrush exhibited on a certain player wearing the number 1 of a certain team of a certain city...hint; he's in my sig pic, lol

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 1, 2013 -> 06:01 AM)
Your another 49ers fan, but you've been very classy this whole year. And SOXOBAMA, hope you have a blast in New Orleans and you better not post until after the 49ers win (or lose) the super bowl.... 3-5 days later.... after your all sobered up (at least that would be me if the Bears won)

Thanks, although I haven't posted much in the way of the 49ers during the year. I've learned not to be too confident, and while I certainly have enjoyed the year and would love brag more about the 49ers, the fact is they haven't won anything yet. I'm nervous about Sunday, anything can happen on any given day so you just never know. Would be nice a nice story if Kaep can get it done.

My crazy gut feeling............Kaep gets hurt, Smith comes in and wins it for em

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 1, 2013 -> 08:11 AM)
A while back, a bunch of the 49ers players participated in one of the "It gets better" anti-LGBT-bullying videos.

After their gay bashing CB came out, they were asked about that video by the USA Today, and 2 of the players in it denied ever participating or claimed they didn't know what they were doing or claimed it was just a generic anti-bullying video.

F*** it. Go Ravens.

Yeah, I'm sure the Ravens make it a policy to only include players who are pro LGBT...

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Feb 1, 2013 -> 09:25 AM)
Exactimundo, you could see alot of it over at the NBA thread with the almost over the top mancrush exhibited on a certain player wearing the number 1 of a certain team of a certain city...hint; he's in my sig pic, lol

Im pretty sure that was sarcasm. Chicago fans are a very pessimistic bunch

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 09:41 PM)
I actually just got a text today asking if I wanted to go to New Orleans in August for my buddy's bachelor party. I may not come back alive.

I did that several years ago and spent part of the time in jail.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 10:01 PM)
I went to the Super Bowl in 2002 and saw Brady take down the Mighty Rams. Still have all of my stuff

I was not sober very often

We went to Miami for the Bears SB...was not sober very often either...in fact, we stopped in Tampa first and I managed to get into a shot-drinking contest with the female bartender (she could not have weighed more that 120 #'s). $200 to the person who didn't barf first. We must have done 15 shots or so, of differing variety...her calling them and her pouring them. I had her on the ropes, but somehow managed to lose. I was feeling fine, and then something just came back up out of nowhere.

Took me awhile to live that one down.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 1, 2013 -> 09:42 AM)
Im pretty sure that was sarcasm. Chicago fans are a very pessimistic bunch

Yeah, it seems like a majority on this site are always waiting for the other shoe to drop, even when things are going well for any given team.

Rose love is the exception, though.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 1, 2013 -> 08:11 AM)

F*** it. Go Ravens.

Jesus, go Ravens.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 1, 2013 -> 09:55 AM)
We went to Miami for the Bears SB...was not sober very often either...in fact, we stopped in Tampa first and I managed to get into a shot-drinking contest with the female bartender (she could not have weighed more that 120 #'s). $200 to the person who didn't barf first. We must have done 15 shots or so, of differing variety...her calling them and her pouring them. I had her on the ropes, but somehow managed to lose. I was feeling fine, and then something just came back up out of nowhere.

Took me awhile to live that one down.

Haha, you lost Pros vs Joes.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 06:37 PM)
I demand a non-comcast Illinois IP addy...

Please tell me the guy was not posting random pics from the internet and claiming they were his just to act like he was at some Super Bowl he's not at on some random website. This would explain his posting on Soxtalk "from the NFC Championship Game" when data and wifi access would be nearly impossible due to all the connections.

Please, please tell me that there isn't someone out there who would go to the trouble to convince a bunch of strangers he did all of these things.

Actually, please tell me it's true.

Also, not that I want them, but I think this lends credibility to my "never received Sox tickets" point that I like to make every now and then.

Too funny.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 1, 2013 -> 10:01 AM)
Please tell me the guy was not posting random pics from the internet and claiming they were his just to act like he was at some Super Bowl he's not at on some random website. This would explain his posting on Soxtalk "from the NFC Championship Game" when data and wifi access would be nearly impossible due to all the connections.

Please, please tell me that there isn't someone out there who would go to the trouble to convince a bunch of strangers he did all of these things.

Actually, please tell me it's true.

Also, not that I want them, but I think this lends credibility to my "never received Sox tickets" point that I like to make every now and then.

Too funny.

I dont know if I want it to be true or not.