2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Feb 1, 2013 -> 10:26 AM)
Thanks, although I haven't posted much in the way of the 49ers during the year. I've learned not to be too confident, and while I certainly have enjoyed the year and would love brag more about the 49ers, the fact is they haven't won anything yet. I'm nervous about Sunday, anything can happen on any given day so you just never know. Would be nice a nice story if Kaep can get it done.

My crazy gut feeling............Kaep gets hurt, Smith comes in and wins it for em

As a lifelong 49ers fan I feel the same way you do. I'm really happy they made it but like you said, they haven't won anything yet.

It also makes me cringe how a certain poster has been shouting all their love for the 49ers in this thread throughout the season. I know every fan base has fans like this but look at where you are posting and learn to be a bit more humble. Don't be surprised come Sunday night if the niners lose to hear some taunting....cause ya brought it on yourself.

Go 49ers!!! 7 4 6!

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Feb 1, 2013 -> 10:32 AM)
Yeah, I'm sure the Ravens make it a policy to only include players who are pro LGBT...

Ayanbadejo has helped give them a solid reputation on that.

But the real answer would be...if you're going to be a bigot, then shut up. I can kinda get a 24 year old in a football environment winding up with a talking to after spouting off on the radio, but after a couple different hits on the topic, they've really stepped up and shown what their locker room thinks of their own city.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 1, 2013 -> 12:54 PM)
Ayanbadejo has helped give them a solid reputation on that.

But the real answer would be...if you're going to be a bigot, then shut up. I can kinda get a 24 year old in a football environment winding up with a talking to after spouting off on the radio, but after a couple different hits on the topic, they've really stepped up and shown what their locker room thinks of their own city.

At the end of the day, not every NFL player is going to be smart, and that guy just happened to be an idiot with a microphone shoved in his face.

You would think that orginization would be more cognizant of that issue than anyone else in the NFL due to them being in SF. Just tell the players "dont comment on it at all if you dont have anything good to say"

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 1, 2013 -> 01:57 PM)
At the end of the day, not every NFL player is going to be smart, and that guy just happened to be an idiot with a microphone shoved in his face.

I kinda get that happening the first time, with a 24 year old football player, I can understand that.

These dudes were in an anti-gay-bullying video and didn't even seem to know it/care. I probably complimented them on it. I complimented the Cubs when they did one of those.

That's piling up on the idiocy.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 1, 2013 -> 12:58 PM)
You would think that orginization would be more cognizant of that issue than anyone else in the NFL due to them being in SF. Just tell the players "dont comment on it at all if you dont have anything good to say"

It would be like an employee of a Miami franchise making comments to upset the Cuban population. Who would do such a thing?

E-mail no. 2 (from Ben Miller in Fort Worth, Texas): "Instead of Beyonce, should we change the Super Bowl halftime show to just Adrian Peterson pissing in a cup at midfield? You just talked about how dumb we all look in hindsight when these super human baseball stars were shattering age-old records. Peterson nearly broke a 28 year old record in one of the most physically-demanding positions in sports less than 12 months after tearing his ACL & MCL!!! Respect the hell out of the guy and love his extreme work ethic, but think about McGwire's 70. Now think about it happening less than 12 months after tearing a pec. We probably call BS even back then at that point. You may want to take a cold shower and then mention it in a column just in case."

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/890490...sk-ped-question

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 1, 2013 -> 04:22 PM)
But he tore his ACL. Didnt ptatc say that HGH and PEDs dont affect tendons and ligaments?

I'm no doctor - but I would think such things would affect one's ability to rehab those injuries and work out harder to get back quicker?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 1, 2013 -> 04:23 PM)
I'm no doctor - but I would think such things would affect one's ability to rehab those injuries and work out harder to get back quicker?

i will let ptatc answer this for us. Definitely an interesting question.

I dont want the answer to be "Yes" because then everyone is gonna look at Rose the same way

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 1, 2013 -> 04:24 PM)
i will let ptatc answer this for us. Definitely an interesting question.

I dont want the answer to be "Yes" because then everyone is gonna look at Rose the same way

Rose is coming back from a torn ACL on a pretty normal schedule. 8-12 months, I think.

Imagine if was playing already and averaging 28 points a game.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 1, 2013 -> 05:37 PM)
Rose is coming back from a torn ACL on a pretty normal schedule. 8-12 months, I think.

Imagine if was playing already and averaging 28 points a game.

Rose tore his ACL in late April. He's been out 9 months so far, probably ~9.5 will be close to his total missed.

Peterson tore his ACL at Christmas. His first real game was September 9. He missed ~8.5. And just to note, only topped 100 yards once in his first 6 games.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 1, 2013 -> 04:42 PM)
Rose tore his ACL in late April. He's been out 9 months so far, probably ~9.5 will be close to his total missed.

Peterson tore his ACL at Christmas. His first real game was September 9. He missed ~8.5. And just to note, only topped 100 yards once in his first 6 games.

And if he hits the ground running, and averages 30ppg, 10apg, and shoots 50% from deep, then we can compare him to what AD did.

Also, all this deer antler s*** is hilarious. Of course Ray Lewis f***ing cheated. From same article.

When Bertrand Berry and Ty Warren suffered a complete tear of their triceps, it took them six months to recover. When Arizona left tackle Levi Brown suffered a complete tear of his triceps in August 2012, the Cardinals immediately put him on their season-ending injured list. When Ray Lewis suffered a complete tear of his triceps in mid-October, we thought he was finished for the season … only he returned to action a little more than two months later. During the third month of his "recovery," he made 17 tackles in a double-overtime playoff game in Denver. In 13-degree weather. At age 37.

So when Lewis's name landed in this week's PED scandal, nobody tumbled over in shock. We wasted the rest of Super Bowl week talking about him, wondering whether he cheated, watching his denial for signs that he was lying, Googling "deer antler spray" and talking about everything other than the game. Eventually, the moment will pass, like it always does. Nothing will change. Sadly, the collective irresponsibility of some sports media members — call it "cornballbrotheritis" — ruined any rational media member's chances to question the current environment. You don't trust our ability to handle such a loaded subject, nor should you. We've ruined your trust too many times.

I believe that Ray Lewis cheated. I believe that to be true based on circumstantial evidence, his age, his overcompetitiveness, the history of that specific injury, and the fact that his "recovery" made my s*** detector start vibrating like a chainsaw.

I believe in my right to write the previous paragraph because athletes pushed us to this point. We need better drug testing. We need blood testing. We need biological passports. We need that stuff now. Not in three years. Not in two years. Now. I don't even know what I am watching anymore.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 1, 2013 -> 11:01 AM)
Please tell me the guy was not posting random pics from the internet and claiming they were his just to act like he was at some Super Bowl he's not at on some random website. This would explain his posting on Soxtalk "from the NFC Championship Game" when data and wifi access would be nearly impossible due to all the connections.

It's not that crazy. I live in Atlanta and have been to the Dome a few times. I get good reception in there. My buddy has posted pictures to Facebook from the stadium. I understand that there were more journalists and whatnot at that particular game, so they'd be using Wifi but it's definitely possible that he could do it - especially since his pictures were posted when the stadium was essentially empty.