2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 2, 2013 -> 01:54 PM)
Jeesh...really guys? This guy really riles you all up so much that you're going to waste half the day trying to make him look stupid? And the mods and admins are all scoping out his IP address and broadcasting this in this thread because he is a loudmouth?

I dunno who's worse, honestly.

Lay off the guy.

Now that is just funny. The guy has been generating all kinds of complaints by trolling and taunting people in this thread, and the staff is bad people for looking into it. It is 2013. If you think you have the ability to hide on the internet, that is just silly. Even without a general statement of IP address, the guy was easy to find out.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 2, 2013 -> 11:43 PM)
Pre ACL injury, I'd take RGIII and obviously post injury I still do. I think the better question is, with RG III's injury do you take RG III or Wilson? There is something damn impressive about Wilson (love his attitude and his performance was so damn impressive). That said RG III was incredible this year. Efficient, no picks.

Best thing about all 3 of them are that they just seem to be downright good dudes. I'd take any of them over Cutler (obviously).

I like Wilson better than both Luck and RGIII. He just kept getting better and better...and to be honest, that receiving corp is not particularly great in Seattle...imagine if they get him a stud WR...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 3, 2013 -> 09:23 AM)
Now that is just funny. The guy has been generating all kinds of complaints by trolling and taunting people in this thread, and the staff is bad people for looking into it. It is 2013. If you think you have the ability to hide on the internet, that is just silly. Even without a general statement of IP address, the guy was easy to find out.

So you should have kept it amongst yourselves and dealt with it behind the scenes, not feed into the nonsense by displaying this crap in the thread. I don't like the guy anymore than anyone else, but the mods and admins should probably be above participating in this bs.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 3, 2013 -> 09:38 AM)
So you should have kept it amongst yourselves and dealt with it behind the scenes, not feed into the nonsense by displaying this crap in the thread. I don't like the guy anymore than anyone else, but the mods and admins should probably be above participating in this bs.

Dealt with what? What he did isn't against any rules. We don't ban people for being liars.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 3, 2013 -> 09:38 AM)

When you put yourself out there publically, suffer the consequences publically.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Feb 3, 2013 -> 10:18 AM)
I'm not sure what your deal is, this is a sports message board stop being so high and mighty attitude.

No, it's not just a sports message board. This is a pretty tightly knit community and we should be better than that here.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 3, 2013 -> 10:23 AM)
Exactly. All of the people who were being lied to and trolled deserved to know.

Give me a break...people deserved to know the guy wasn't really at the Super Bowl? It's not like he said he had cancer and was collecting donations or something...whatever, I'm over it.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 3, 2013 -> 10:27 AM)
Give me a break...people deserved to know the guy wasn't really at the Super Bowl? It's not like he said he had cancer and was collecting donations or something...whatever, I'm over it.

I don't get what your agenda is here. The guy was trolling, everyone was suspicious and it was becoming a distraction for the board. The mods were able to confirm he was trolling, communicated it to the rest of the board and now we all know the truth and can move on.

I don't get why would anyone advocate protecting a troll from public humiliation.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 3, 2013 -> 10:45 AM)
Ravens 27

Niners 24

My girlfriend bet a parlay prop ticket that:

1) there would be more than two interceptions in the game

2) there would be more total points scored in the second half than the first

3) the first score of the game would be a fg

4) the Ravens would punt before the 49ers

5) the first score of the second half would be a touchdown

Women...:)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 3, 2013 -> 09:23 AM)

He could have had he just used a good proxy located near New Orleans...but he clearly isn't smart enough to do that.

Either way, IP information is not exactly private, you broadcast your IP once you go on the internet. You guys didn't give out the actual IP address or anything, so I have no idea what shack is complaining about. It's all just useless semantics.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 3, 2013 -> 01:06 PM)
He could have had he just used a good proxy located near New Orleans...but he clearly isn't smart enough to do that.

Either way, IP information is not exactly private, you broadcast your IP once you go on the internet. You guys didn't give out the actual IP address or anything, so I have no idea what shack is complaining about. It's all just useless semantics.

I can see where shack is coming from. It wasn't really necessary to embarrass the guy. He's a loudmouth Niners fan. It's not like he's Brandofan or something.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 3, 2013 -> 01:14 PM)
I can see where shack is coming from. It wasn't really necessary to embarrass the guy. He's a loudmouth Niners fan. It's not like he's Brandofan or something.

He clearly wasn't embarrassed enough since he came back to post about himself some more after he got found out. If you want him to go away, you do exactly what the mods did. Otherwise, he'll just stick around and gloat about himself and the 49ers all off-season long.

And he totally catfished you J4L, haha.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 3, 2013 -> 01:19 PM)
He clearly wasn't embarrassed enough since he came back to post about himself some more after he got found out. If you want him to go away, you do exactly what the mods did. Otherwise, he'll just stick around and gloat about himself and the 49ers all off-season long.

He did. But it's not because I'm an idiot. It's because I didn't care either way. I didn't feel the need to go detective stabler on him once he put those pics up. Maybe in his mind he really is there. I don't know this dude at all. Maybe he's got some issues that not one person here could possibly know about. I guess I'm just saying I don't look at this as "score one for soxtalk" if the guy doesn't end up coming back again.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 3, 2013 -> 01:19 PM)

Or you could just ignore him. Honestly, he is annoying, but what it boils down to is he was bragging about the 49ers on a Chicago-centric sports message board. People were annoyed/jealous that his team is going to the Super Bowl, and so there is sort of a united front of dislike towards the guy. Great, I get that; he brought it on himself. Another 49er fan even pointed that out. I even thought it was funny when Steve was questioning whether those were actually his pictures, because I pretty much knew they weren't either...but there is no need for the mod/admin staff to use their privileges within this site to pile on and feed the fire. Folks unanimously dislike the guy enough as it is.

He was bragging about going to the game...he wasn't asking people for money because his wife had cancer or something.

But I guess that's how we roll here...and that's fine. I get it now.

Edited by iamshack