2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 3, 2013 -> 01:27 PM)
Or you could just ignore him. Honestly, he is annoying, but what it boils down to is he was bragging about the 49ers on a Chicago-centric sports message board. People were annoyed/jealous that his team is going to the Super Bowl, and so there is sort of a united front of dislike towards the guy. Great, I get that; he brought it on himself. Another 49er fan even pointed that out. I even thought it was funny when Steve was questioning whether those were actually his pictures, because I pretty much knew they weren't either...but there is no need for the mod/admin staff to use their privileges within this site to pile on and feed the fire. Folks unanimously dislike the guy enough as it is.

He was bragging about going to the game...he wasn't asking people for money because his wife had cancer or something.

But I guess that's how we roll here...and that's fine. I get it now.

So you're saying the mods should have let the community hate him more and more and just let the situation escalate? That seems like it would be irresponsible on their part.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Feb 3, 2013 -> 01:32 PM)
People were annoyed by him at the start of the season, he actually had been more tolerable since the niners were in the playoffs. But way to make something a bigger deal than it really was and give a I'm better than everyone else attitude.

You can take it however you want, I could really give a s***.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Feb 3, 2013 -> 02:49 PM)
You apparently do since you have made 10 plus posts on the subject including 3 in a row right now.

Notice I said you, not anyone. If I didn't care what anyone thought, I wouldn't bother to post here.

But just to appease you, I will put you on ignore.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 3, 2013 -> 02:26 PM)
He did. But it's not because I'm an idiot. It's because I didn't care either way. I didn't feel the need to go detective stabler on him once he put those pics up. Maybe in his mind he really is there. I don't know this dude at all. Maybe he's got some issues that not one person here could possibly know about. I guess I'm just saying I don't look at this as "score one for soxtalk" if the guy doesn't end up coming back again.

This sums up my feelings exactly. I don't care if a random stranger makes stuff up trivial stuff on a message board. The only person on SoxTalk that I've actually ever spoken with is Jason (and I'm Facebook friends with a few others due to our FutureSox days), so in reality, almost everyone on here could be lying about who they are. I don't really care. This is just a fun outlet to talk about sports and other things.

Though, to some people, I know that SoxTalk is more than just a "message board" so maybe they want to protect its integrity. And I kind of understand that.

Anyway, back to football: I don't really care who wins tonight, but I guess I'll pull for the Ravens. I just want a close game.

The point is that he isnt a real member of the community. When he logs on to Soxtalk he has one goal, and thats to try to annoy people and get under their skin. However, he didnt blatantly break any rules so despite the mods getting lots of complaints on him there wasnt much they could do even though it is obvious to everyone that posting here would be more enjoyable if he wasnt here.

If he didnt want to get outed for being a liar than he shoudlnt have made up an elaborate scheme to try to impress everyone. There are fans of other teams that post in the other sports threads and they dont act how he does. Plain and simple he is an internet troll. To see somebody defending him is mind boggling. If he didnt get outed wed still be dealing with his BS and trolling, who knows we still might anyway, but the bottom line is exposing somebody whos main goal is to annoy other people behind the anonymity of the internet is never wrong.