2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 2, 2013 -> 04:22 PM)
Well apparently they may as well show up on every single post for everyone, since you're going to broadcast the results in a thread.

And honestly, this stuff has gone way too far with this guy in general. The entire two weeks leading up to the SB have been about ripping on this guy.

I'd love to go back to ripping on the 49ers for being anti-gay. I'm actually cheering for deer antler spray because of the week they've had.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 2, 2013 -> 03:29 PM)
I'd love to go back to ripping on the 49ers for being anti-gay. I'm actually cheering for deer antler spray because of the week they've had.

I'm sure there are players on just about every team that are "anti-gay." Professional athletes in general are probably not your largest group of gay and lesbian sympathizers around.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 2, 2013 -> 04:32 PM)
I'm sure there are players on just about every team that are "anti-gay." Professional athletes in general are probably not your largest group of gay and lesbian sympathizers around.

And I'll give them a bit of credit for knowing how to keep it in the locker room during Super Bowl week.

The Pro Football Hall of Fame announced its five-man modern-era Class of 2013.

Selecteed were offensive linemen Larry Allen and Jonathan Ogden; coach Bill Parcells; receiver Cris Carter; and defensive lineman Warren Sapp.

Wide receiver Andre Reed, running back Jerome Bettis, cornerback Aeneas Williams and defensive linemen Michael Strahan and Charles Haley were also finalists but did not earn election. To be selected, a finalist must receive 80 percent of the vote.

Andre is never going to make it. :(

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 2, 2013 -> 08:30 PM)
Rightfully so. Too many INTs for Luck

I still call that a consequence of the systems they were put in, with Luck having to look down the field and playing from behind, while RG3 actually had a staff taking care of him until they decided to kill him in the playoffs. But yeah, the numbers are hard to disagree with.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 2, 2013 -> 05:18 PM)
Now that Carter has been voted in, it should greatly help Reed's chances. IMO Carter is one of the best WR of all-time, and I'm shocked it too him this long.

I hope Reed gets in.......................he never was a me spotlight guy.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Feb 2, 2013 -> 11:02 PM)
I hope Reed gets in.......................he never was a me spotlight guy.

The problem, ESPN noted earlier...there's a lot of WR's coming up with bigger stats than him thanks to the evolution of the game towards more passing. In his time he was absolutely a top level, dominant receiver, but he was only 2nd best because of the GOAT...and his stats don't stack up as well compared to the passing league that developed after he left.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 2, 2013 -> 05:38 PM)
Even if RGIII is healthy going forward I think Luck will be the better qb but Griffin was better this season. Well deserved.

Pre ACL injury, I'd take RGIII and obviously post injury I still do. I think the better question is, with RG III's injury do you take RG III or Wilson? There is something damn impressive about Wilson (love his attitude and his performance was so damn impressive). That said RG III was incredible this year. Efficient, no picks.

Best thing about all 3 of them are that they just seem to be downright good dudes. I'd take any of them over Cutler (obviously).

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...3,0,54946.story

"I'm not making any excuses. I know some of the plays I should have made in terms of catching the ball. But I just wasn't feeling it. My mind wasn't there the majority of the time.''

That quote tells me alot about Hester.............Hester had no problem feeling it the 15th and the 30th cashing checks.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Feb 3, 2013 -> 01:19 AM)
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...3,0,54946.story

"I'm not making any excuses. I know some of the plays I should have made in terms of catching the ball. But I just wasn't feeling it. My mind wasn't there the majority of the time.''

That quote tells me alot about Hester.............Hester had no problem feeling it the 15th and the 30th cashing checks.

I'll be disappointed if Hester is back next year. He's turned into a mental midget.