2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jan 26, 2013 -> 09:41 PM)
To Jake or anyone subscribed to PFF....I was curious as to why Brandon Myers, who was the most productive of the potential FA TEs, has a -14.6 rating...far and away the lowest rating of any TE on the list.

He was absolutely terrible at run blocking.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SOXOBAMA can I get a job working with you? What do you do? You are apparently very wealthy.

I rebuild classic old cars and sell them for a profit. I'm also a firefighter and tattoo artist.

I sold a 49 merc for a good profit, that is how I was able to buy Super Bowl tickets.

Edited by SOXOBAMA

Ex-Bears head coach Lovie Smith plans to sit out the 2013 season and return as a head coach in 2014.

The Chicago Sun-Times reported the same thing earlier this month, but head-coaching jobs were still open at the time, so it wasn't set in stone. Smith apparently has no interest in the defensive-coordinator vacancies in Philadelphia or New Orleans, even though they wouldn't seem to have interest in him either. Smith will be 56 years old once the 2014 season rolls around.

Lovie PJs.

Ex-Bears head coach Lovie Smith plans to sit out the 2013 season and return as a head coach in 2014.

The Chicago Sun-Times reported the same thing earlier this month, but head-coaching jobs were still open at the time, so it wasn't set in stone. Smith apparently has no interest in the defensive-coordinator vacancies in Philadelphia or New Orleans, even though they wouldn't seem to have interest in him either. Smith will be 56 years old once the 2014 season rolls around.

Per Rotoworld

Lovie found out he wasn't in demand as he thought!

The thing is, I bet Lovie has plenty of interest in the coordinator jobs in New Orleans and Philly, but both are switching to a 3-4, so they have absolutely no interest in him.

I would have loved him in Buffalo, but I think they have a pretty good staff in place.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 28, 2013 -> 12:31 PM)

Lovie PJs.

Poor, poor Lovie has to sit at home and get paid a $5 million salary.

I thought the Rams hired Rob Ryan a few days ago, I guess not....

@STLouisRams

After extensive conversations regarding defensive philosophy, the Rams and Rob Ryan agreed he was not the right fit for the DC position.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

The Rams have decided not to hire Rob Ryan as their defensive coordinator.

Last week, the normally reliable Adam Schefter reported that the Rams had hired Ryan. Not so fast. "It wasn't a scheme fit," coach Jeff Fisher said. Ryan has historically run a 3-4 defense while Fisher prefers the 4-3. Now Ryan, who previously claimed he'd have a job within "five minutes," goes back to the pile. Perhaps he'll get an interview with Chip Kelly and the Eagles, who are in the market for an aggressive 3-4 proponent to coordinator their defense.

Per Rotoworld

His wait becoming alot longer than 5 minutes :lolhitting

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 28, 2013 -> 01:46 PM)
Poor, poor Lovie has to sit at home and get paid a $5 million salary.

Makes perfect sense. He went for a couple decent jobs, but there's no reason to accept a lower position when you're still getting paid for your old job. Why forfeit the 5 mill to be someone's DC for

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 29, 2013 -> 12:44 PM)
I think the more interesting Ray Lewis story is about the alleged use of performance enhancing drugs to recover from his injury this season.

*screams and cries*

A WEAPON! NO WEAPON! WEAPON!!

AAAAAAAAAA!

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 29, 2013 -> 01:11 PM)
In other news, Urlacher is saying that no one from Bears has contacted him.

Starting to think that he wont be a bear for life.

I will say it again, I hope he retires. I dont like seeing this version of Urlacher as the one we will remember. The speed and burst is just gone. And from what ptatc said, likely never to return due to the nature of his knee injury.

If he plays somewhere, hopefully it isnt the Bears because I have a feeling there are more injured list stays in his future.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 29, 2013 -> 01:27 PM)
Im torn. I like players who stay with a team for life. Im just not sure that Urlacher will give the Bears a great discount.

I do too, which is why I want him to hang it up.

I dont think he will though

The NFL is about protecting their players, yet they fail to properly blacklist players who use steroids and/or other illegal substances like this. Nevermind that these kinds of things make you stronger and faster, thus leading to increased damage on blows to the head, but that these illegal substances also do irreparable damage to the human body as well, nor do they actual drug test for it.

MLB's failure to control and police their game 10 years ago still overshadows the failure of the NFL to police their game today. You can tell me "but anything to get them out there," "I don't care about the records in football," "Football's a more dangerous game," and I can tell you BS to every single one of them. Football players play an extremely violent game, but they are only guaranteed 16 full games a year, and the most they will play is 19 full games a year. They have preseason and whatever else too, but who cares? Starting pitchers throw anywhere between 30-35 games, and position players can play up to 160 games a year - excluding Spring Training and the postseason. Oh, and people love seeing these records in football go down - how often did they bring up Rice's receiving yards getting broken, Marino's passing record getting broken, and AP's chase for Eric Dickerson? They talked about Watt and Smith breaking Strahan's sack record. It's been mentioned ad nauseam that Tom Brady broke the postseason wins record. They are counting down the day until Peyton Manning breaks the all-time yards and touchdown record. People absolutely CARE about these records, they just don't remember the numbers.

But suddenly some person who never watches baseball and doesn't follow the sport can say "I care about records in baseball, but it doesn't matter in football." That's BS.

Roger Goodell is too busy trying to satisfy his own personal agenda of decreasing crime and whatever else when he should actually get busy doing something about players using illegal substances, because that is the first step in making the game safer.