Sox spring training Catch All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 2, 2012 -> 02:47 PM)
I assume people still freak out on here when one starts a new thread so I'll ask on here.

I am always busy in the spring and haven't followed our Sox.

Tell me how u think these guys performed in ST.

Morel - decent

DeAza - decent

Thornton - no idea

Dunn - great

Rios - bad

Humber - good

Crain - injured for most of the time

Beckham - decent

Thank u

This is just my personal opinion, I'm sure flavum or someone following closer could contribute.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the lineup for Tuesday in Houston. May be what Robin has in mind for Friday:

1. De Aza CF

2. Morel 3B

3. Dunn DH

4. Konerko 1B

5. Pierzynski C

6. Rios RF

7. Ramirez SS

8. Viciedo LF

9. Beckham 2B

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 2, 2012 -> 02:47 PM)
I assume people still freak out on here when one starts a new thread so I'll ask on here.

I am always busy in the spring and haven't followed our Sox.

Tell me how u think these guys performed in ST.

Morel-GOOD

DeAza-DECENT

Thornton-GOOD

Dunn-GOOD

Rios-BAD

Humber-OK

Crain-N/A

Beckham-OK

Thank u

Thoughts above. -Still think Rios and Beckham will be 2011 again.

Edited by bucket-of-suck

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Apr 3, 2012 -> 07:40 AM)
I thought there was some spring training news that AJ would hit second. Ventura is making his first bold statement if he plans to hit Dunn third in the order.

Out of that lineup...I'm not sure there's anyone in a position that really angers me. Yeah, AJ hitting 5th behind "Just stop throwing me fastballs" is weak, but that also surrounds him with lefties and thus makes it darn near impossible to do late-game matchups with all 3. If Dunn can hit like Dunn, then that gives Konerko a lot of RBI and GIDP chances, Morel is a good contact hitter at 2, Ramirez is in a decent spot where he can clean up what's left after the middle of the order, Viciedo's in a low pressure spot, and then Rios gives whatever he gives if he can stay in the lineup.

If Viciedo or Rios start raking, then they can move up to the 5th spot, but dropping them down for starters doesn't anger me.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 3, 2012 -> 04:23 PM)
Technical difficulties.

Thanks Balta! I am back in business. Had to go that new ID route just to get a message through. Thanks!

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 3, 2012 -> 10:36 AM)
I am back in business. Had to go that new ID route just to get a message through. Thanks!

Good to hear. If you want to change your password to something else, go ahead and try it. If it doesn't work, message me, and we will figure it out.

I'm about to head out from spring training. It's been an absolute gas! And let me say one thing about all the people that work at Camelback. They are all wonderful really nice people, from the box office people, ticket takers, ushers and vendors. Camelback is the best ballpark down here and can't beat the free parking. Cubs of course had the most expensive parking and for a lousy parking area too....go figure. :gosox1:

my new favorite quote of the day...

"We aren't going to give away games," said the No. 2 starter in the White Sox rotation of his team's outlook. "We are going to have some growing pains, especially with as young as we are in the back end of the bullpen. I'm sure there will be times when we may lose some tough ones or give away some games, but that's to be expected."

This guy should be in the primary.