The Official Thread for Joe Cowley and his Agenda.

Jack Parkman

I used to get angry that TSA people pulled me out of line for extra pat downs, then I realized it's always women agents.

Good to see a new hitting coach in Manto has cured Dunn, Rios, Beckham and Morel. (why didn't Ozzie bring aforementioned hitting coach with him to Miami then?)

No one took more blame for poor production than Ozzie, so if he got tired of taking bullets it's easy to see why.

Again, for those that like to hide in caves - Coop has 90 percent of the say on how the pitching staff was, and is, handled.

Maybe even more say now with Robin. Cop is like an off. Cord in football that has complete control of the playcalling.

Ozzie is completely blame for 2011. Said it 100 times. He should have stuck his middle finger up to the box KW sits in and walked.

Oh wait, can I get suspended for that? Find out tomorrow when I get to see all that Cuban money refuse to enter the ballpark.

If Oz would have had Morel in the 2-hole this long, you people would have been screaming for his head from the stands ... all 8,000 of you.

Funny, because the GM was the one getting in fights all the time. Wish he would have taken a swing at Walk like Walk told him. He would have looked funny in the Nike ad in a wheelchair.

Jerry Reinsdorf wanted Walk back, he took time to think about it, Oz put his staff together his first week there.

Is there anyway to unfollow myself? I can't handle all the truth I'm putting out there and want to run from it by unfollowing myself.

And I would like to announce that I won a Pulitzer Prize today, but turned it down and threw a drink in their faces.....

Of course they are better this season with Oz gone. But if Oz would have stayed and KW left, they would have been better, also.

Tha's what everyone is missing. They needed one of them to leave because of all the problems. That doesn't mean Oz caused...the problems. Oz didn't try and embarrass Frank Thomas, Oz didn't pick a fight with Walk ..Oz didn't flip a table of food over in Oakland, Oz didn't stop paying attention to if a guy played winter ball or not (Molina)..and Oz absolutely didn't hire his "friend'' that ripped money from JR and set the franchise back in the DR for years.

Santiago is about to throw a new pitch - the s***ball. You swipe the ball on the crap dripping down your leg and throw it like a splitter.

And I would like to announce that I won a Pulitzer Prize today, but turned it down and threw a drink in their faces...I'm not selling out like that.

Zach Stewart was better with the 80s perm look (Tears for Fears, Roland Orzabal?).

Something the size of Mothra went after that foul ball..... I think I saw a crack, but I was throwing up, so couldn't tell. Meanwhile, someone check on Garfien ... his team lost, his future wife dove on the dugout for a foul ball, and he's still Garfien

What Coop is really thinking: "I got dibs on the post-game food spread!'' I think it was coop trying to get back to the dugout.

Miami tomorrow morning ... best for last.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 12:41 PM)
Either Caulfield is Cowley, psychic, been hacked by Cowley, posting Cowley quotes (I don't read it), possessed by Cowley, or just gone insane.

I believe obsessed is the correct adjective. And the above quotes are from Joe's twitter feed during the game last night if I am reading right.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 01:04 PM)
It's sad the state of sports journalism has fallen to this level. Some of the tweets are so immature, you'd think Cowley is a 15-year-old sitting in his bedroom, and not working for a big city newspaper. He's a sad human being.

In the old days, he would have been message board troll.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 01:15 PM)
Oh, see, I don't follow that s***.

Your brain is better for it.

The funny thing is, I am pretty sure Cowley is covering the Bulls this season. He was at the detroit game on Sunday. He is just wasting his time and energy hating on the Sox

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 01:19 PM)
Your brain is better for it.

The funny thing is, I am pretty sure Cowley is covering the Bulls this season. He was at the detroit game on Sunday. He is just wasting his time and energy hating on the Sox

HELL NAW.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/11969732-41...ness-error.html

Interesting that Robin Ventura called Ozzie, not surprising with how classy he is, the Phil Mickelson of the AL Central.

But it comes down to Guillen forgetting who his customers were and big business putting him in his room for five days because of it.

Sure, there were other players in the game. Add in a media that treats a drop of blood in the water like it’s chum — and then, of course, an over-politically correct society that wants peanut butter sandwiches banned from schools because little Sally has a peanut allergy — and, well, light fuse, cover ears and duck.

And who throws more bombs than anyone else in the Chicago media? It's like the pot calling the kettle black. Translation: (Malay: "Bagai meludah ke langit" or "Like Spitting into the sky" Norwegian)

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 10:48 PM)
Remind everyone how good our starting rotation would look with Hudson and Gio Gonzalez out there, with Chris Young in CF, to boot.

Remind everyone how nobody in baseball cares about the White Sox anymore because their manager is plain Jane/boring/vanilla.

God I can't stand Cowley. I like how now that Chris Young is finally starting to hit (D Backs have only been waiting 7 years for that to happen) and NOW that trade is bad once again.

Also, if anyone decides which team is fun or boring by the manager, that person is automatically an idiot.

Last, Cowley was on B&B Tuesday afternoon. I swear within two minutes of saying the Ozzies Castro comments were blown out of proportion (full disclosure: I tend to agree) he then said that he hopes the media is going to do some "actual reporting" on the Peavy being in a bar story non-story in Wrigleyvile (on deadspin.com).

So to summarize: you need a manager who is exciting to be relevant, but when he makes comments about a NATIONAL figure, it's no big deal. But players at a bar in their social life need some actual reporting done on the matter. Got it.

Ladies and Gentleman, we have passed Mariotti territory.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 10:41 PM)
God I can't stand Cowley. I like how now that Chris Young is finally starting to hit (D Backs have only been waiting 7 years for that to happen) and NOW that trade is bad once again.

Also, if anyone decides which team is fun or boring by the manager, that person is automatically an idiot.

Last, Cowley was on B&B Tuesday afternoon. I swear within two minutes of saying the Ozzies Castro comments were blown out of proportion (full disclosure: I tend to agree) he then said that he hopes the media is going to do some "actual reporting" on the Peavy being in a bar story non-story in Wrigleyvile (on deadspin.com).

So to summarize: you need a manager who is exciting to be relevant, but when he makes comments about a NATIONAL figure, it's no big deal. But players at a bar in their social life need some actual reporting done on the matter. Got it.

Ladies and Gentleman, we have passed Mariotti territory.

And here I thought that Jake Peavy was one of the three players he had left on the Sox to get quotes from, along with AJ and Thornton.

Might be down to 2. And Ventura, who's not the kind of guy who would ever refuse to speak to anyone, it's not in his nature to hold grudges.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 09:24 PM)
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/11969732-41...ness-error.html

Interesting that Robin Ventura called Ozzie, not surprising with how classy he is, the Phil Mickelson of the AL Central.

But it comes down to Guillen forgetting who his customers were and big business putting him in his room for five days because of it.

Sure, there were other players in the game. Add in a media that treats a drop of blood in the water like it’s chum — and then, of course, an over-politically correct society that wants peanut butter sandwiches banned from schools because little Sally has a peanut allergy — and, well, light fuse, cover ears and duck.

And who throws more bombs than anyone else in the Chicago media? It's like the pot calling the kettle black. Translation: (Malay: "Bagai meludah ke langit" or "Like Spitting into the sky" Norwegian)

Saya bercakap bahasa melayu

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/cowley/1205...perfection.html

The full story actually has some decent quotes I haven't seen anywhere else, yet.

No baseball team has been kicked around in the last year for how not to run an organization than the South Siders. So the fact that in the mess of contracts gone bad and “rebuilding’’ by not really “rebuilding,’’ there’s a story like Humber’s. (Mostly by you, Joe!)

Humble, hungry and handed a fist full of keeping things in perspective because of the early obstacles thrown in his path.

“I worked hard at my craft and I wanted that work to pay off so I would be validated,’’ Humber said. “That was my identity as a baseball player. And I evaluated myself by my stat line. If it wasn’t good, I didn’t feel so good. It took me a long time to figure out that it’s not about me or us. Whatever we’re doing, we should do it to glorify God.’’

Yeah, he played the religion card, but when you throw perfection, it’s allowed.

So where do the Sox go from here? Well, in the wake of both the no-hitter and the perfect game Buehrle threw, the team seemed to sink after each. Today’s headlines and excitement doesn’t guarantee anything tomorrow.

What the Sox do take from this is a starting staff that has some serious swagger, not only because of what Humber did, but how Peavy and Chris Sale are pitching.

Will that lead to another on-field celebration this season? One that’s closer to October?

Unlikely. Then again, that’s already one more “dog pile’’ than anyone would have expected.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 09:29 PM)
Like him or not, Cowley is the only one in Chicago sports media to write this truth:

@cst_Cowley

Biggest load of crap in this city. Cub fan is just as obsessed with the Sox, but better at pretending he's not.

did you read the article caulfield posted? Cowley rips the sox repeatedly even after one of their pitchers throws a friggin perfect game.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 11:29 PM)
Like him or not, Cowley is the only one in Chicago sports media to write this truth:

@cst_Cowley

Biggest load of crap in this city. Cub fan is just as obsessed with the Sox, but better at pretending he's not.

Not sure I follow. Context? Just as obsessed with Sox as a Sox fan is, or just as obsessed with the Sox as a Sox fan is with the Cubs?

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 10:35 PM)
did you read the article caulfield posted? Cowley rips the sox repeatedly even after one of their pitchers throws a friggin perfect game.

He sounded pissed off that something good happened to the Sox. He even had to work Ozzie's name into it somehow. His twitter feed was just pathetic today. Even Kotex admitted he was wrong in 2005.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 10:51 PM)
Not sure where Ozzie Guillen gets any credit here...the Humber signing and development seems to be 95% about Hahn and Don Cooper.

Exactly why Joe's feed today was so pathetic. He was flailing to try to do anything to take the wind out of the Sox sails. He was a petulant child.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 10:51 PM)
Not sure where Ozzie Guillen gets any credit here...the Humber signing and development seems to be 95% about Hahn and Don Cooper.

ozzie had NO part in acquiring or developing Humber. None.