2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 12:23 PM)
Is that a joke? They should trounce Illinois by double digits. If they break a swear I'll question their Final Four chances.

No. I don't assume anything with Big Ten road games. Plus, it's a potential trap game sandwiched between Michigan and a road game at OSU. But yes, IU should win. Things don't always play out that way.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Digger just made a fantastic point: The big 10 as a league is overrated because Illinois was 12 and 1 out of conference and is now 2 and 6 in conference, Minnesota has lost 4 in a row so while we thought the big 10 was the best conference in the country, it clearly has been proven to be overrated.

What?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 2, 2013 -> 09:26 AM)
Digger just made a fantastic point: The big 10 as a league is overrated because Illinois was 12 and 1 out of conference and is now 2 and 6 in conference, Minnesota has lost 4 in a row so while we thought the big 10 was the best conference in the country, it clearly has been proven to be overrated.

What?

Yeah, that was stupid.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 2, 2013 -> 10:26 AM)

What?

And the best part about that is that if Illinois played in the ACC or Big East and did the same thing the narrative would b how strong the league is.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 2, 2013 -> 10:26 AM)

What?

The fun of this is...when there are so many teams in the conference that are this good...the conference is likely to go into the tourney underrated rather than overrated. Really good teams could go into the tourney with 3-4 conference losses because of it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 2, 2013 -> 10:12 PM)
Thank you for bringing the #1 ranking to Assembly Hall, Wolverines.

Let's see if we can keep it for a while.

What a game by Zeller. Seriously.

You most likely wont, it's a trend. McGary was a huge p**** tonight. Burke shot the ball 20+ times. Not a great recipe. I'm sure folks will now talk about how overrated the conference is again.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 2, 2013 -> 10:12 PM)
Thank you for bringing the #1 ranking to Assembly Hall, Wolverines.

Thank you for brining the #1 ranking to Assembly Hall on Thursday, Hoosiers.

Anybody else find it weird that Indiana named both of their stadiums after the stadiums at Illinois?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 2, 2013 -> 11:35 PM)
You most likely wont, it's a trend. McGary was a huge p**** tonight. Burke shot the ball 20+ times. Not a great recipe. I'm sure folks will now talk about how overrated the conference is again.

Felt McGary was fine and hung with Zeller. Zeller did his damage with Horford on him.

Settled for too many 3's, and not that it cost Michigan the game, but felt the refs had a vendetta against Hardaway. At least 2 of his fouls were garbage.

Michigan settled for way too many 3's and couldn't board. That's why they lost.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Feb 3, 2013 -> 08:39 AM)
So Oladipo apparently did a windmill dunk as the clock expired, which is why Crean had that weird stare. Classy.

He did, after the time expired. Didn't count. Not something I would recommend doing, but it was after the clock expired and I have to assume he was doing it for the fans. I'm sure they will tell him not to do so again because the opposition could perceive it a different way. Seemed to more of a celebratory thing than an "in your face" kinda thing.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Feb 3, 2013 -> 08:49 AM)
He did, after the time expired. Didn't count. Not something I would recommend doing, but it was after the clock expired and I have to assume he was doing it for the fans. I'm sure they will tell him not to do so again because the opposition could perceive it a different way. Seemed to more of a celebratory thing than an "in your face" kinda thing.

Outside of IU fans, it's pretty easy to realize how it was "perceived"

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Feb 3, 2013 -> 12:15 PM)
Outside of IU fans, it's pretty easy to realize how it was "perceived"

Yeah, not well. I wasn't happy when I saw that. Which is too bad, because while Oladipo is cocky, he's not the one usually doing that sort of thing (that would be Sheehey). Oh well, I still love me some Oladipo.

BUT SWEET JESUS IF ONLY THAT ONE ALLEY-OOP WENT DOWN. That was absurd.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Feb 3, 2013 -> 12:15 PM)
At first I thought it had to do with the ref who just passed him. It was pretty confusing.

Oladipo said Crean told him off immediately. Probably why Oladipo apologized immediately in his post-game comments and said he wouldn't do it again.

Edited by farmteam