2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Feb 7, 2013 -> 09:08 PM)
Can we stop b****ing about Griffey now? He was very good tonight.

He had missed 21 straight 3s, consistently plays bad D and has been the worst player for Illinois for the last month. The criticism he was getting was completely justified. He was terrific tonight and when he makes shots Illinois is an entirely different team as it spreads the floor and gives the guards room to operate.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 7, 2013 -> 08:16 PM)
So now that's 4 great wins for Illinois which includes 2 absolutely fantastic ones. They really have to f*** up down the stretch to not get in but who knows.

They've been f***ing up consistently recently until today. So who knows? Hopefully this gets the team back on track shooting-wise and they can pull off a nice winning streak.

I'm signing off for the night, but the turning point for me in this game is the wide open 3 Jordan Hulls passed up with IU up 8. He shot faked, drove and we turned the ball over. Illinois immediately buries a 3 taking it down to 5. Hulls is one of the best 3 pt shooters in college basketball and cannot pass up that shot. We'd have likely been up 11 and the game likely over. Oh well. Again, congrats to the Illini for a gutsy performance and a big win. Let's go steal one in Columbus Sunday!

Heading back to Chicago now. Awesome!

-Tyler Griffey. I hate you but I love you.

-Brandon Paul had a good game against the best defender of alltime.

-Zeller got MJ treatment or else he would have been largely ineffective.

-Glad someone finally Td up Sheehy. And he still kept it up. I think Cream destroys him next practice.

-That said he was terrific tonight.

-so was Hulls. Not sire why he didn't take that last three.

-Not sure why McLaurin gets so much hate. He is great at what he is.

-Didn't even know DJ had 23 points. Wow. Was he on the last steal? Awesome.

Good game, farmteam.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 7, 2013 -> 08:04 PM)
Ha, what terrible coaching by Crean to not call a timeout when IU had the ball with under a minute left. The bogus technical foul on Sheehy is surely going to piss off IU fans.

I was relaxing as they brought the ball down, figuring TO with 15 or so left.

Bogus? It's called taunting. You want a bogus foul? Let's talk about Egwu's 5th.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Feb 7, 2013 -> 08:05 PM)
Ok, no more rushing the floor jokes IlliniK!

Props to the Illini. They showed guts and didn't give up. The way things have gone, they could have folded easily. No excuses, we simply got beat. Congrats.

No, that's a legit floor rush, Rowand44 will back me up. #1 team, we're unranked, a true buzzer beater, and we suck on top of it. And it's an intense conference matchup. Not sure what more we can throw in there besides a half court shot. I ran out my door into the hallway and would have joined them if it wasn't 2 hours away. Major props to shirtless guy being on the court almost instantaneously.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 7, 2013 -> 09:01 PM)
I stuck to my word and didn't watch this horrible Illini team at all tonight. Holy s***!!!! :headbang Looks like I can't watch another game this season.

You have to watch games like tonight, if nothing else you give yourself the opportunity to see something crazy.

Yeah I went with my old man or I would have rushed.

Sheehy deserved the t for a season build up of taunting. Him or Oladipo. Funny, right after an article from the Indiana paper on how "humble" they are. Jesus. And Sheehy still didn't stop. It was odd. Thought he was going to get Td again. Crean is going to destroy him. Deservedly so.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Feb 7, 2013 -> 09:07 PM)
You have to watch games like tonight, if nothing else you give yourself the opportunity to see something crazy.

Well for 37 minutes it was the same painful action, but I guess miracles do happen. I saw online they were double digits late in the 2nd and forgot about the game. Then the Blackhawks pre-game host said the party is on in Champaign as the Illini upset Indiana. I looked at my wife and yelled "Holy f***, did you just hear that?!"