The Miami Marlins thread

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 02:16 PM)
WOW. What a perfect way to handle the prima donna Bell. Just listen to the man speak. Guillen didn't scream "Hell yes!" when Heath asked his stupid question at the end. He did what a TRUE BASEBALL MAN would do. Just look at Bell like he was nuts.

I still have no clue how some of you hate Ozzie Guillen. The man is fascinating!

Prima-donna? Ozzie is the biggest prima donna in baseball.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 02:21 PM)
It's amazing that greg can read that and be fascinated. That was a conversation of absolutely nothing.

kleenex.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 07:26 PM)
Prima-donna? Ozzie is the biggest prima donna in baseball.

kleenex.jpg

You guys don't even have an open mind on the matter.

You tell me Ozzie didn't handle that situation PERFECTLY? I will lose respect for you if you actually say Ozzie handled that poorly. You are better than that. It may be the best thing I've ever read. How many people are allowed to listen into (read) the conversatoin between the closer and the manager when the closer is sucking??

At least I have an open mind on KW. There are no absolutes with me. I may not like KW but I give him props when he deserves them.

Ozzie handled that PERFECTLY and you should show your baseball knowledge IMO and agree with me on that at least!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 02:30 PM)

You tell me Ozzie didn't handle that situation PERFECTLY? I will lose respect for you if you actually say Ozzie handled that poorly. You are better than that. It may be the best thing I've ever read. How many people are allowed to listen into (read) the conversatoin between the closer and the manager when the closer is sucking??

At least I have an open mind on KW. There are no absolutes with me. I may not like KW but I give him props when he deserves them.

Ozzie handled that PERFECTLY and you should show your baseball knowledge IMO and agree with me on that at least!

I agree. Ozzie pushes the correct buttons just about every time.He handled it like no one else could, and Bell just took off from there. He's a genius. If Loria, his son in law and the GM can keep their own egos in check and just let Ozzie be Ozzie, there is no reason to believe the Marlins won't have the biggest collection of Championship trophies in baseball except for the Yankees in the next 10 years.

Sox fans really don't know what they are missing right now, what with the winning and the lack of off field controversey. Marlins fans are in for a treat. Ozzie will be a HOFer one day.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 02:37 PM)
I agree. Ozzie pushes the correct buttons just about every time.He handled it like no one else could, and Bell just took off from there. He's a genius. If Loria, his son in law and the GM can keep their own egos in check and just let Ozzie be Ozzie, there is no reason to believe the Marlins won't have the biggest collection of Championship trophies in baseball except for the Yankees in the next 10 years.

Sox fans really don't know what they are missing right now, what with the winning and the lack of off field controversey. Marlins fans are in for a treat. Ozzie will be a HOFer one day.

damn straight. i need some twitter bulls*** or something. baseball alone is not nearly entertaining enough

As a journalist and literary aficionado, I lost respect for you when you stated that "may be the best thing I've ever read."

Also, I love "in my opinion, you should agree with me on that!"

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 03:37 PM)

It's not fair to evaluate Ozzie based on whether or not the players respond well and perform after dealing with him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 02:53 PM)
It's not fair to evaluate Ozzie based on whether or not the players respond well and perform after dealing with him.

Whoever would evaluate a manager based on that obviously doesn't know what they are doing.

Ozzie is probably the best IPad dominoes player in the world. That's all you really need to know.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 07:47 PM)
As a journalist and literary aficionado, I lost respect for you when you stated that "may be the best thing I've ever read."

Also, I love "in my opinion, you should agree with me on that!"

You didn't think that was a well-written article?

And to be able to print what happened in a conversation between a manager and his struggling closer? You name a story you could get access like that?? That access wasn't the best you've ever read as well??

I can't believe all of you hate Ozzie this much. It truly amazes me.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 03:11 PM)
You didn't think that was a well-written article?

And to be able to print what happened in a conversation between a manager and his struggling closer? You name a story you could get access like that?? That access wasn't the best you've ever read as well??

I can't believe all of you hate Ozzie this much. It truly amazes me.

1) It was a well written article, but that's because Grantland is awesome.

2) Well, considering there's an all-access show, it might not be as difficult as you make it out to be. Half the time, getting access is just asking.

3) It was not even close to the best access I've ever read. That is laughable.

4) It's not so much we hate Ozzie. It's we hate how you've made it your life's goal to deitize him.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 07:58 PM)
Whoever would evaluate a manager based on that obviously doesn't know what they are doing.

Ozzie is probably the best IPad dominoes player in the world. That's all you really need to know.

You guys ever heard of letting your assistant coaches, uh, coach?

The manager is the assembler, the man who creates an atmosphere, who runs the show.

You guys don't work at companies where there is some clueless f*** who DOES NOTHING? The highest of the higher ups on site at our company (not the owner, the highest of the everyday work people) does nothing but send out emails all day and sit there like some king honcho. It seems to me all companies in America have such an "organizer."

Ozzie lets his assistant coaches coach apparently. He runs the show.

If you guys think he's "lazy" I think you need more proof than some article saying he likes to f*** around on the internet and play games.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 08:14 PM)
1) It was a well written article, but that's because Grantland is awesome.

That's a nonsequitir. It is awesome cause of the person who wrote the story. Or the writers who write the stories.

2) Well, considering there's an all-access show, it might not be as difficult as you make it out to be. Half the time, getting access is just asking.

Please get back to me when you get close to that type of access regarding a story anybody cares about. Not some high school soccer team; but some major sporting entity. That access is amazing. To be in a conversation between manager and closer??? When closer makes 20 mill a year?? And manager has a huge ego? Wow.

3) It was not even close to the best access I've ever read. That is laughable.

Name any better.

4) It's not so much we hate Ozzie. It's we hate how you've made it your life's goal to deitize him.

Did you mean deify him? I'm not as dumb as you may think I am.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 04:14 PM)
You guys don't work at companies where there is some clueless f*** who DOES NOTHING? The highest of the higher ups on site at our company (not the owner, the highest of the everyday work people) does nothing but send out emails all day and sit there like some king honcho. It seems to me all companies in America have such an "organizer."

Wait, so Ozzie Guillen is a clueless f*** who does nothing and is the "organizer"?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 03:14 PM)
You guys ever heard of letting your assistant coaches, uh, coach?

The manager is the assembler, the man who creates an atmosphere, who runs the show.

If you guys think he's "lazy" I think you need more proof than some article saying he likes to f*** around on the internet and play games.

That's all part of his genius. Let the coaches coach, he's got free time to make stupid comments, play video games and more importantly, make some extra cash so Oney doesn't have to get a job and Ozney with his 1st round talent can walk around with some cash in his pocket instead of getting slapped in the face with a 50k check from the White Sox to play baseball.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 08:19 PM)
Wait, so Ozzie Guillen is a clueless f*** who does nothing and is the "organizer"?

LOL at the comments of posters who take one sentence and always think they've "got Greg."

Nobody reads my posts and comments on them in their entireity. They always pick out one line and make some crack about that.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 08:20 PM)
That's all part of his genius. Let the coaches coach, he's got free time to make stupid comments, play video games and more importantly, make some extra cash so Oney doesn't have to get a job and Ozney with his 1st round talent can walk around with some cash in his pocket instead of getting slapped in the face with a 50k check from the White Sox to play baseball.

So you must have some problems with his kids' twitter posts.

I did not care in the least about those. Twitter is a f***ing joke. Take twitter with a grain of salt IMO.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 03:22 PM)
So you must have some problems with his kids' twitter posts.

I did not care in the least about those. Twitter is a f***ing joke. Take twitter with a grain of salt IMO.

Ozzie agrees. They weren't paying him enough to say the free sunglasses he was wearing were great, not to mention other products, so he told those companies what they could do with their pennies. He's Ozzie Guillen, show him the money or get out of the way.

You tell me Ozzie didn't handle that situation PERFECTLY? I will lose respect for you if you actually say Ozzie handled that poorly.

Huh?

He didn't do anything. He handled nothing. He was silent.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 09:57 PM)
I like how upper management found out that Guillen reinstated Bell as his closer via the media talking about it on Twitter. Awesome communication there.

I do sense a problem in Miami with Ozzie and that will be Loria. He appears to be crazy and it looks like Ozzie does nothing to stroke his ego. Like not wanting to meet with him.

Of course I'm sure few big league managers want to mess with meddling owners.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 10:11 PM)
Huh?

He didn't do anything. He handled nothing. He was silent.

He was not silent.

he told Bell that was a f***ing lie when Bell said he felt like nobody had his back. And he looked like him like he was crazy when Bell said that stupid thing at the end rather than stroke the closer's ego. hey this is a performance business. Ozzie told the guy he couldn't get his curve over for a strike and called him on it when he said nobody had his back. MASTERFUL IMO.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 02:22 PM)
Ozzie's silence was golden. The VETERAN closer was spouting bulls*** and Ozzie let him spout. It was fascinating IMO.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 04:24 PM)
He was not silent.

He was not silent.

he told Bell that was a f***ing lie when Bell said he felt like nobody had his back. And he looked like him like he was crazy when Bell said that stupid thing at the end rather than stroke the closer's ego. hey this is a performance business. Ozzie told the guy he couldn't get his curve over for a strike and called him on it when he said nobody had his back. MASTERFUL IMO.

It was MASTERFUL. Bell has been lights out since. If Loria has half a brain, he'll stay out of Ozzie's way, that's for sure. He also should rip up his contract and double it both in years and amount. Ozzie IS major league baseball. The Sox doing better even after losing Quentin and Buehrle and their closer for virtually nothing and the Malrins doing worse than last year even after adding Reyes, and Buehrle and Bell, be damned, Ozzie makes every team he is around better.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 10:29 PM)
It was MASTERFUL. Bell has been lights out since. If Loria has half a brain, he'll stay out of Ozzie's way, that's for sure. He also should rip up his contract and double it both in years and amount. Ozzie IS major league baseball. The Sox doing better even after losing Quentin and Buehrle and their closer for virtually nothing and the Malrins doing worse than last year even after adding Reyes, and Buehrle and Bell, be damned, Ozzie makes every team he is around better.

It's a performance business. Ozzie gives Bell the ball; Bell has to get the save. No excuses.

He was not silent.

I'm assuming that conversation took place sometime in April or May. It doesn't look like it helped because Heath hasn't really gotten any better.

A 2-4 record with a 6.00 ERA and only converted 18 of 31 save opportunities.

Yet Ozzie seems to stubbornly stick by him and "have his back". I seem to remember that being a big complaint from a lot of people here.