2012 White Sox Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2012 -> 04:24 PM)
the numbers were posted teh other day. Robin is using his against lefties more than anyone ever has.

Those numbers were for Guillen and Cox. Wasn't Ohman on the Cubs? He's had to play for at least one other manager.

Regardless, I don't like how Guillen used him and I don't like how Robin is using him. Ohman is a loogy in a seven man pen, we should be able to utilize him at the most opportune times. Having him face mutliple righties in the same inning is a recipe for disaster, yet I keep seeing Robin do this and oftentimes in close games.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ May 18, 2012 -> 09:31 PM)
I love baiting you morons

Oops. he gawn.

I'm assuming that type of statement may cost him the rest of the season. How do you take something like that back?

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 18, 2012 -> 05:11 PM)
Oops. he gawn.

I'm assuming that type of statement may cost him the rest of the season. How do you take something like that back?

I do not believe he would take that back

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ May 18, 2012 -> 08:51 PM)
Gordon Beckham has struck out just 4 times in his last 10 games... He hasnt looked geat all year but at least hes making contact and doesnt look lost (see Brent Morel)....Has Dan Johnson still been playing 3rd down on the farm??

Keep in mind Dan Johnson hasn't hit over .200 in the major leagues since 2007, and is probably a Viciedo-like liability defensively at 3rd base.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 18, 2012 -> 10:02 PM)
Keep in mind Dan Johnson hasn't hit over .200 in the major leagues since 2007, and is probably a Viciedo-like liability defensively at 3rd base.

Brents a black hole, Ill take Pablo Ozuna out there over Brent (this coming from one of the biggest optimists here).

I hope they give Brent multiple games off to rest his back and see what Eduardo can do with steady playing time.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

40 games in, we're at the unofficial quarter point in the season.

Quadruple some of these numbers....

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHW/2012.shtml

Morel---what are you doing here?

Konerko---batting title? 200 hits?

Dunn---48 homers? Well over 200 k's?

I also never would have though Nate Jones would have an ERA under 2.00 at this point.

Some good things. Some bad things. It's a .500 team that's underperformed.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 19, 2012 -> 08:42 AM)

I also never would have though Nate Jones would have an ERA under 2.00 at this point.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2012 -> 09:19 AM)
And I made the point that the Sox have been on the other side of this plenty this year too, putting the screws to guys who had been extremely hot this year.

Not that you care but the .200 hitting beckham evened this out for me and I can now move on with the season.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 19, 2012 -> 01:42 PM)

Great post.

Also ...

- Thornton it was nice to know you. You reek in way too many games.

- Floyd how bout some consistency? Danks, wake up. Sale, nice job, forget that incident happened in which they tried to mess with your mind.

- De Aza, keep it up.

- Rios, this is about the best you can do. .270 with a big hit once in a while, keep it up.

- Tank, time to get hot.

- AJ, keep it up, nice season so far.

- Robin, play Flowers a little bit more.

Question with no agenda:

Did anyone catch Robin's immediate reaction to PK getting hit? I didn't see it but also wasn't looking for it.

I thought it was interesting that in the highlight of PK taking one in the face in 2010 that Ozzie was seemingly out of the dugout before the ball hit the ground and was the first to get to Paul. Stuff like that reminds me why the players really liked him before the nonsense got so nonsensical.

I once had a similar injury and as I walked off the field under my own power holding my own teeth in my hand, my coach stood up and said "are you okay?" God that irritated me.

Anyways, no agenda here, just curious.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 19, 2012 -> 02:09 PM)
Question with no agenda:

Did anyone catch Robin's immediate reaction to PK getting hit? I didn't see it but also wasn't looking for it.

I thought it was interesting that in the highlight of PK taking one in the face in 2010 that Ozzie was seemingly out of the dugout before the ball hit the ground and was the first to get to Paul. Stuff like that reminds me why the players really liked him before the nonsense got so nonsensical.

I once had a similar injury and as I walked off the field under my own power holding my own teeth in my hand, my coach stood up and said "are you okay?" God that irritated me.

Dude, I was thinking the exact same thing while watching the replays of the situation last night. Ozzie shot out of the dugout, and picked up a bat like he was gonna smack the motherf***er around. Great post.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 19, 2012 -> 02:09 PM)
Question with no agenda:

I never saw a camera angle that included Robin. I would guess judging by his reaction to the reporters question about the brushback, he was pretty f***ing pissed.