2012 White Sox Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking at AJ's career stats. Currently, he has 1,586 career hits. Let's say he gets near 1,650 by the end of the season, he would realistically have a shot at 2,000 hits for a catcher. According to FanGraphs , he would be the 13th catcher EVER to do that. That list also has guys who weren't full-time catchers, too, so the 2,000-hit company for catchers is actually more exclusive. AJ has surprisingly had one hell of a career.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 06:55 PM)
It's borderline unwatchable to me.

Considering they had KC Johnson on today and he didn't speak one time when they talked about the Bears, Sox, and Cubs was pretty hilarious. He's a good writer and knows his s***. Unfortunately, they need to go into their show with 3 topics in mind and have 3 guys on who can contribute to each conversation with the other two pretty much interviewing them. For example, if they have Haugh, Gonzales and that boob from Haray Caray's on, have Haugh and the boob ask Gonzales questions when they are talking Sox.

However, it'll never work because Kaplan and Haugh think they are the best things since sliced bread.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 11:25 AM)
Paulie seems older cause he's been about the slowest player in baseball for going on ten years.

Not the slowest Sox ever. Harold Baines, at the end of his career, ran at a grandmotherly pace.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 09:50 PM)
Not the slowest Sox ever. Harold Baines, at the end of his career, ran at a grandmotherly pace.

Marc Hill was slower. I saw him get thrown out at first on a ground ball to the right fielder.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 05:39 PM)
On CTL, Phil Rogers just said that Dale Sveum has done a better job than Robin this year in most categories. LMAOROFLLOLHAHA what the f***ing f***?

It's amazing how long one can last in the Chicago media when you are a harmless village idiot as opposed to loud, offensive, and rude. Phil Rogers is a dope.

I really like the American League BP Jersey's on MLB.com, would it be stupid to get one with Sale's name on it? I know he isn't a hitter, but it's an awesome looking jersey and I wanted to get a Sale jersey, thoughts?

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 06:22 AM)
I really like the American League BP Jersey's on MLB.com, would it be stupid to get one with Sale's name on it? I know he isn't a hitter, but it's an awesome looking jersey and I wanted to get a Sale jersey, thoughts?

Don't pitchers get BP jerseys to hang out in during warmups too? Either way, who cares, go for it.