White Sox @ Rangers

justBLAZE

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 09:54 PM)
That swing was enough for me to want him in the line-up right now.

I would rather see the kids play. The fight for 3rd place in the AL central is not enough to start older players. You see what you have. If it sucks, then get better players. No more playing Pierre in front of DeAza because he is a vet crap.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 10:00 PM)
I would rather see the kids play. The fight for 3rd place in the AL central is not enough to start older players. You see what you have. If it sucks, then get better players. No more playing Pierre in front of DeAza because he is a vet crap.

DeAza and Viciedo will still get their starts and AB's...but if Fuko is our best offensive option right now I don't see any reason why he can't platoon with all of the outfielders. Giving Rios, DeAza and Viciedo days off during the week. I really doubt it would stunt the growth of Alejandro or Dayan if they sit once a week. And until it is categorically proven that this team sucks as bad as prognosticators say, then the best possible line-up should be trotted out there.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 09:59 PM)
Between the Bulls and Sox...I'd say a pretty damn cruddy Easter.

Still, a lot worse for Marlins, Red Sox, Yankees, Giants and Braves fans than for us.

Each of those fanbases expect a lot more than we do out of their teams in 2011.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 10:06 PM)
DeAza and Viciedo will still get their starts and AB's...but if Fuko is our best offensive option right now I don't see any reason why he can't platoon with all of the outfielders. Giving Rios, DeAza and Viciedo days off during the week. I really doubt it would stunt the growth of Alejandro or Dayan if they sit once a week. And until it is categorically proven that this team sucks as bad as prognosticators say, then the best possible line-up should be trotted out there.

Sure, it's where you get to 2-3-4 games per week sitting that you're going to get arguments from the "developmental year" side of the ledger folks.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 09:54 PM)
Say what you want, that's the way to hit.

Fuko needs to play, folks.

If this team has to rely on that, they have no chance.

None of those guys that started for the Sox could replace anyone in the Texas lineup tonight.

Good grief this is going to be a long season and maybe a long decade unless we get rescued by a billionaire Sox fan.

Imagine talking about Caberra and Fielder in our lineup rather than Flowers and Morel.

Pros on opening series:

Danks and Peavy looked solid, bullpen has some nice young arms and has promise, nice start at the plate for Dunn and Rios which will hopefully build up their confidence.

Cons on opening series:

Line up looks as mediocre/below average as advertised, not much speed at all on this team, the 08 version of Gavin Floyd is probably never coming back.

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 10:09 PM)

None of those guys that started for the Sox could replace anyone in the Texas lineup tonight.

Good grief this is going to be a long season and maybe a long decade unless we get rescued by a billionaire Sox fan.

Imagine talking about Caberra and Fielder in our lineup rather than Flowers and Morel.

LOL.

Where was this post last night?

And who is Caberra, is that a new Puerto Rican rum brand?

The New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox would love to trade line-ups with the Rangers and Tigers, too.

Go back a couple of seasons, everyone thought the Twins were set up to dominate for a decade with their new stadium opening and two MVP's on the same team. Where are they now, exactly?

A billionaire Sox fan isn't going to spend $150-200 million on payroll, either. That's a foolish business decision...and for the same reasons that Ricketts hasn't spent a ton of money on the major league roster on the Northside, either.

P.S. Did you just call in to berate and harangue Rongey on the post-game show?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 10:08 PM)
Sure, it's where you get to 2-3-4 games per week sitting that you're going to get arguments from the "developmental year" side of the ledger folks.

Considering everyone stays healthy...Rios starting 145 games, Viciedo 140, DeAza 140, Fuko in the 90-100 neighborhood (maybe spelling at DH as well) would not stop the development of anyone, and actually allow Fuko to earn the money that he is making as well...which he isn't getting 1 AB every three games. If Fuko is such a hot starter in April, then by all means...get the guy in there. We certainly start enough slow starters in April.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 09:15 PM)
Considering everyone stays healthy...Rios starting 145 games, Viciedo 140, DeAza 140, Fuko in the 90-100 neighborhood (maybe spelling at DH as well) would not stop the development of anyone, and actually allow Fuko to earn the money that he is making as well...which he isn't getting 1 AB every three games. If Fuko is such a hot starter in April, then by all means...get the guy in there. We certainly start enough slow starters in April.

If Fukudome gets that many games, he's the biggest Sox payroll bargain this side of Ramirez/Jenks/Santos/Loiaza/Humber.

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Apr 8, 2012 -> 09:09 PM)

Are you replying to your own post? I've never seen 2 people write like that, putting every statement on an individual line. You're the only 2 people on the interwebs that write like and you're posting in the same thread? I smell a conspiracy.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 01:05 AM)
Are you replying to your own post? I've never seen 2 people write like that, putting every statement on an individual line. You're the only 2 people on the interwebs that write like and you're posting in the same thread? I smell a conspiracy.

Greg and Mcgrad can't be the same person...unless they're extremely talented writers, lol.

Their comment style and tone is too diametrically-opposed and antithetical to each other to be co-authors.