YOUR FIRST PLACE CHICAGO WHITE SOX

southsider2k5

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 29, 2012 -> 11:41 PM)
How do you know? This is the first sign of life of this team in a long time.

When the team actually does something of note it's easier to stay loyal during the rough patches. Only somebody like El Rockin cannot be fazed of the lousy play of the last two plus seasons.

Your post is quite offensive. You don't know anything about my fandom. I've rooted for this team forever, since my days as a kid on the south side.

Rios is my least favorite player ever. Yes he is. Always will be. So what?

When the team is clicking and playing well and winning, there's no reason to talk about his contract. It doesn't matter.

Haven't you heard the saying, "Just Win Baby?"

Best athletic saying of all time. Winning shuts everybody up.

You offend me. Low blow.

And my Ozzie posts are always in response to people who blast Ozzie. I don't bring up the topic. i stand up for the man. If the season ended today he and Robin would be likely candidates for NL and AL manager of the year.

Did you miss the 49 games before this? The team has been playing pretty damn well all year.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 30, 2012 -> 05:47 AM)
Did you miss the 49 games before this? The team has been playing pretty damn well all year.

The team was horrid at home and crap before this 7 game streak. Since Paulie got hit in the face the team has been great.

Edited by greg775

When the team actually does something of note it's easier to stay loyal during the rough patches. Only somebody like El Rockin cannot be fazed of the lousy play of the last two plus seasons.

Your post is quite offensive. You don't know anything about my fandom. I've rooted for this team forever, since my days as a kid on the south side. This is the first stretch in a long time where you could be very very pleased with the team and the effort and the contributions of many.

When the team is clicking and playing well and winning, there's no reason to talk about his contract. It doesn't matter.

You offend me. Low blow.

And my Ozzie posts are always in response to people who blast Ozzie. I don't bring up the topic. i stand up for the man. If the season ended today he and Robin would be likely candidates for NL and AL manager of the year.

Um...what?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 29, 2012 -> 11:14 PM)
The negativity will come back when we go through a rough patch.

This team is legit talented though and in a very bad division. Stay healthy and I really think this is a playoff team.

What I like most is this team is fun to watch again. Funny how that happens when you insert youth into a ball club.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 30, 2012 -> 12:41 AM)

If the season ended today Robin would have a shot and Ozzie would come in 3rd or 4th. Washington, St. Louis, LA.

Your post is quite offensive. You don't know anything about my fandom. I've rooted for this team forever, since my days as a kid on the south side. This is the first stretch in a long time where you could be very very pleased with the team and the effort and the contributions of many.

You offend me. Low blow.

I never questioned your Sox fandom, but you have a history of pro-Ozzie, anti-Rios,and anti-KW posts, and you'll be right back there when this team cools off, just like many people. It's just what people do, when you win everyone forgets the problems, but when said team cools off suddenly Rios' contract and attitude are front stage again.

I am enjoying this run as much as anyone, this team is a delight to watch. That said, if someone offers to take Rios off our hands we'd be STUPID not too, remember 2010 when he had a decent year? Yea, that was all from his May stats. Remember how much he sucked last year and the year prior? Remember his contract? We've seen the "reborn" Rios before, and it DOES NOT LAST, whether its a full season or consecutive seasons.

i know it's just the end of May, but i'm very happy for our team right now. things are starting to click and you can just see it in their eyes, the players are starting to believe in one another and they look like legitimate contenders at the moment. there are so many great things about this team.

i really think Robin has brought a sense of calm to this team and it's really starting to show. there's no more of the all-about-me Ozzie show filled with spanglish soundbites. this is about baseball under his watch. the players respect him and he let's them do their thing on the field. my dad and i talked last night about how Robin's approach to hitting was much more disciplined than Ozzie's EVER was. i think his approach day-in and day-out is going to help us in the long run.

Chris Sale is the future...i LOVE this kid's attitude, work ethic, and desire to be one of the BEST in the game. 15 Ks?!! i don't recall anyone having close to that many K's in a game since Black Jack. LOL

Addison Reed...this kid reminds me a lot of Bobby Thigpen. my only gripe is that he should have been closing games since day 1. a lot of you guys/gals on here know a LOT of baseball, which is why i come here, and most of you pointed out during the off-season that Reed would eventually be the man. why he wasn't from day 1? i wish i knew. but (for the most part) the bullpen overall has really been great in the 7th, 8th, and 9th.

TANK...my dad said he wants to call him Manny Jr. right now. he's getting more comfortable in right field and it's beginning to show at the plate. super happy for this kid because it looks like if he keeps hitting the way he has these past 2-3 weeks he's going to be a truck for years to come.

i like the move Ventura made moving Beckham in the 2 hole. he's protected and definitely seeing more stuff over the plate vs. when he was down in the order. i think it's a vote of confidence from Ventura to him and i hope Bacon makes the most of it.

we all knew Dunn would bounce back, but i don't think ANYONE would have said he'd have 16 HRs before June. super happy for Adam as well, i'm sure he (and everyone else) would love to forget about last year and his bat is going to help erase all that. but Rios has been a nice surprise...the move to RF looks pretty genius right now. that game vs. CLE when he went 3-5 might have been his BEST game in a Sox uniform. he was robbed by Brantley and Shoo and EASILY could've have gone 5-5 with 7+ RBIs on the day.

PK...no words can explain this monster. :)

Alexei, AJ, DeAza are ALL delivering when it counts with RISP. i particularly like Orlando Hudson at 3B right now, but i'm sure Morel isn't going to just give up his job that easy. the competition at the position may just bring out the best in BOTH players, at least that's what i'm assuming KW and Robin are shooting for.

anyways, sorry for the long post. let's get #8 in a row! GO SOX!! :headbang

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 30, 2012 -> 08:44 AM)
I never questioned your Sox fandom, but you have a history of pro-Ozzie, anti-Rios,and anti-KW posts, and you'll be right back there when this team cools off, just like many people. It's just what people do, when you win everyone forgets the problems, but when said team cools off suddenly Rios' contract and attitude are front stage again.

I am enjoying this run as much as anyone, this team is a delight to watch. That said, if someone offers to take Rios off our hands we'd be STUPID not too, remember 2010 when he had a decent year? Yea, that was all from his May stats. Remember how much he sucked last year and the year prior? Remember his contract? We've seen the "reborn" Rios before, and it DOES NOT LAST, whether its a full season or consecutive seasons.

Great point. I wish people would leave Ozzie out of Soxtalk. He Gone! Who cares?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...