Gameday Thread-Doubleheader Special: White Sox vs Indians

Kyyle23

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ May 7, 2012 -> 03:28 PM)
Nice back to back innings for Quintana, if Phil continues to struggle and they pull the plug on him as a starter I assume itd be him and Stultz in line to take over the spot right??

Quintana has had 1 month (April, 2012) where he's pitched above A-ball in his career. Expecting him to jump from A Ball to the big league rotation in 5 weeks seems excessive.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ May 7, 2012 -> 02:28 PM)
I see your from NW IN where do you play at? I played last year but I lost all my contacts on the team and would really like to get back on a team.

Nice back to back innings for Quintana, if Phil continues to struggle and they pull the plug on him as a starter I assume itd be him and Stultz in line to take over the spot right??

I run a team at Rohrman park in Schererville, and then I occasionally play for a co-ed team in Merrillville at Hidden Lake.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2012 -> 02:32 PM)
Quintana has had 1 month (April, 2012) where he's pitched above A-ball in his career. Expecting him to jump from A Ball to the big league rotation in 5 weeks seems excessive.

Sure it does, but what other choices are there?

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 7, 2012 -> 03:35 PM)
Sure it does, but what other choices are there?

You're the one who said that this pitching staff was built to compete, I'm the one who said it was a rebuilding pitching staff. You tell me?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2012 -> 03:32 PM)

Isnt it "excessive" to have him up regardless then??.. So far hes not looking like a bad option.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 7, 2012 -> 03:33 PM)
I run a team at Rohrman park in Schererville, and then I occasionally play for a co-ed team in Merrillville at Hidden Lake.

Gotcha, was hoping you had something to do with the league in Whiting.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2012 -> 02:38 PM)
You're the one who said that this pitching staff was built to compete, I'm the one who said it was a rebuilding pitching staff. You tell me?

Ok, since you were wrong I will graciously tell you. There is no other option.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 7, 2012 -> 03:43 PM)
Ok, since you were wrong I will graciously tell you. There is no other option.

Really, this isn't a rebuilding pitching staff? I see, that's why we've got Philip Humber and Chris Sale tearing it up as starters, right? Guys we could count on through thick and thin. Guys with long records of consistency.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 7, 2012 -> 02:44 PM)
Apparently KW's man-crush on Quintana may be warranted.

I wouldn't go that far, but he did do his job today and saved the bullpen from disaster while keeping the Sox within striking distance. The line up is filled with too many out makers.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2012 -> 02:50 PM)
Really, this isn't a rebuilding pitching staff? I see, that's why we've got Philip Humber and Chris Sale tearing it up as starters, right? Guys we could count on through thick and thin. Guys with long records of consistency.

How many teams have 5 starters with a good track record? You're bound to have to take some chances and win on them.