2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 12:34 PM)
My big issue is - The Bulls are playing for 2014. So Why are we not gutting this team for this coming year and creating future cap space and the possibility of an elite player from coming drafts?

Exactly my point with my "plan".

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This team is not an elite team, Im sorry. They just are not. Derrick is an elite player that elevates the talent around him, but he needs help and the FO has to understand that.

This offseason is not helping him. This offseason is just collecting odd parts and throwing them out on the court and hoping that when Derrick comes back, they are as good as the bench mob.

Teams like LA, Boston, Dallas, and now Miami are elite because they dont wait for good things to happen to their team(like waiting for Rose). They MAKE things happen. Im sorry you dont see that and you keep thinking "well if we wait they will all get better." It simply doesnt work that way in the NBA.

I really don't think LA or Dallas or Boston was better than us at any point the last 2 years.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 12:34 PM)
This team is not an elite team, Im sorry. They just are not. Derrick is was an elite player that elevatesd the talent around him, but he needs help, two legs, and the FO has to understand that.

And the more I think about it, saying the Bulls got younger and more athletic on the bench this year is a ridiculous fallacy.

Watson - Brewer - Asik - Korver

Hinrich - Belinelli - Nazr - Radmanovic

Not younger, or more athletic.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 10:38 AM)
I really don't think LA or Dallas or Boston was better than us at any point the last 2 years.

Having watched those teams a lot, the Bulls were as good, if not better, then each of those teams the past 2 years.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 12:38 PM)

Of course you dont. Why would you think a team that won the title two years ago is better than the Bulls. They got the number 1 seed! And LA and Boston will both make any move possible to get better, they certainly dont sit on their hands.

One day you will see it for what it is. Hopefully soon.

If that was the plan, this was the year to do it.

-Let Rose sit out as much of this year as possible

-Let Deng play the Olympics, and then have him undergo his wrist surgery. Also rest as much of the season as possible.

-With the idiotic contracts given to C's this year, see what the market is for Noah. If it is middle lottery-ish pick, and there is a player there the Bulls think is a future cornerstone, make the deal.

-They should have signed Asik to a deal long before now. Even after his offersheet, they should have traded him for something.

-Sign Taj long term.

-trade any of the bench mob for any picks.

-Amnesty Boozer.

-Coming back you have the lottery pick from Noah. You still have Rose, Deng, Taj, and anyone left over. There are also any other picks you got, the pick from Charlotte coming in the future, plus probably another high pick after this season. You also have the Mirotic kid coming over in a year or two. You get any progress from Butler Teague, and any of the other young Bulls.

You're basically saying we should have tanked hardcore this season. The Bulls have chosen not to do that for whatever reason, maybe it's pride.

Trading Noah is also something that I doubt will make us any better. We don't get better by creating new holes. If we did all that, our defense and rebounding would disappear. It's really tough to find a good C like Noah in the league.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 12:42 PM)
You're basically saying we should have tanked hardcore this season. The Bulls have chosen not to do that for whatever reason, maybe it's pride.

Trading Noah is also something that I doubt will make us any better. We don't get better by creating new holes. If we did all that, our defense and rebounding would disappear. It's really tough to find a good C like Noah in the league.

What good is Noah going to do us in 2012-2013?

What good is Noah going to do us in 2012-2013?

He's training with Hakeem man, he's gonna come back and put up 20 PPG ;) then in 2013-2014, when Derrick is healthy, he'll be a better player. All these guys will be better players because they'll have played the majority of the season without Derrick bailing them out all the time.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 06:42 PM)
Of course you dont. Why would you think a team that won the title two years ago is better than the Bulls. They got the number 1 seed! And LA and Boston will both make any move possible to get better, they certainly dont sit on their hands.

One day you will see it for what it is. Hopefully soon.

The lakers won the NBA championship 3 seasons ago. Their 2011 campaign was an embarrassment, and at full strength, I don't see how the bulls don't win this year against them as well. It's a shame we never got to play boston in the playoffs, but I'm confident we would have beat them in 2011, but maybe their spunkiness beats us this year. For some reason Derrick's injury has people re-imagining the bulls as much worse than they were.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 12:46 PM)
He's training with Hakeem man, he's gonna come back and put up 20 PPG ;) then in 2013-2014, when Derrick is healthy, he'll be a better player. All these guys will be better players because they'll have played the majority of the season without Derrick bailing them out all the time.

Wrong legendary big man...

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 01:39 PM)
You are silly, but certainly not a malcontent.

Why not? season hasn't even started, a man can hope lol.

I got high hopes for Butler, I think at the very least he'll be as good as Brewer

Bellinelli may not be as good of a 3 point shooter as Korver but he's the more complete player. Take a look at his game logs, he had a rough start then was pretty damn good. I think he's better than Rip as well and should start, in which case Rip>KK.

If Rose comes back with any kind of game they can make some noise in the playoffs.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 12:46 PM)
The lakers won the NBA championship 3 seasons ago. Their 2011 campaign was an embarrassment, and at full strength, I don't see how the bulls don't win this year against them as well. It's a shame we never got to play boston in the playoffs, but I'm confident we would have beat them in 2011, but maybe their spunkiness beats us this year. For some reason Derrick's injury has people re-imagining the bulls as much worse than they were.

Not so much reimagining. Going forward, this team is not what it was the past two years, the bench mob is gone. When Derrick is fully back, everyone will be two years older. Deng and Noah have both struggled with major injuries pretty much every season they have been in the NBA.

Now the plan is, hope everyone gets, and remains healthy, and new guys become like the old guys. Except without Derrick running the show. Please, forgive me for thinking that this is a bulls*** plan and something a little more concrete should have been drafted for this offseason.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 12:46 PM)

THANK. YOU.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 12:39 PM)
Having watched those teams a lot, the Bulls were as good, if not better, then each of those teams the past 2 years.

Yet, all three of those teams made major moves to overhaul their teams in the offseason. Strange how that works