2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 20, 2013 -> 06:42 AM)
Noah was awful when he played. Whether it was a bad matchup or not showing up, I'm not sure.

I didnt get to see the game, but Noah has been one of the best centers in the league so far. If healthy, he needs to be out there for defense at least.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 09:25 AM)
Has anything come out about Noah and Thibs yet?

I highly doubt anything will. Noah has fallen in love with taking the open, 18-foot jumper, because it's always open, because he's not very good at it. He was hitting that shot earlier in the season, but it's been brutal the past month.

I reckon Thibs said "stop it", and he did it, and he got his ass benched. He's shooting 39% this month (unacceptable for a big man) and only 46% on the season (5% lower than his career average, and 8% lower than two years ago).

Hopefully Noah stops taking those shots and continues to move the ball vs chucking them up just because he's open.

That's my guess.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 04:33 PM)
I highly doubt anything will. Noah has fallen in love with taking the open, 18-foot jumper, because it's always open, because he's not very good at it. He was hitting that shot earlier in the season, but it's been brutal the past month.

I reckon Thibs said "stop it", and he did it, and he got his ass benched. He's shooting 39% this month (unacceptable for a big man) and only 46% on the season (5% lower than his career average, and 8% lower than two years ago).

Hopefully Noah stops taking those shots and continues to move the ball vs chucking them up just because he's open.

That's my guess.

I find that hard to believe with all the stupid shots some of our players put up, Thibs would make an example of Noah, who would've been very helpful preventing the Randolph tip-ins that allowed them back in it.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 09:47 AM)
I find that hard to believe with all the stupid shots some of our players put up, Thibs would make an example of Noah, who would've been very helpful preventing the Randolph tip-ins that allowed them back in it.

But he did make an example of Noah for SOMETHING.

This isnt the first time Thibs has made a point by benching a starter in crunch time and letting the bench win or lose the game. I remember a few years ago he had the entire starting 5 benched after the 2nd quarter in a home game and refused to put them back in because of how pissed he was at their effort. The home crowd was pretty pissed when the bench mob made it close and he wouldnt sub the starters in(including Rose)

Well color me pissed. I was at the game and when Memphis fell behind, Randolph and Gasol had no problem pounding the glass and shooting over the smaller backcourt.

Also, Jimmy Butler played a great game Saturday, and has had a great week. But, man I can't wait until I never have to see Hinrich and Robinson as the backcourt to win us the game, again.