2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 21, 2013 -> 02:32 PM)
Would you trade for Rip? I wouldnt.

To get under the cap? I would.

Now they will do everything they can to not be in the luxury tax again next year. I believe every year you are in the tax, it gets more and more expensive... So this just hurts them going forward.

QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ Feb 21, 2013 -> 02:49 PM)
To get under the cap? I would.

Now they will do everything they can to not be in the luxury tax again next year. I believe every year you are in the tax, it gets more and more expensive... So this just hurts them going forward.

They'll amnesty Boozer simply because it will be cheaper in the long run.

http://deadspin.com/5986003/finally-someon...-peace-sentence

After a brief conversation with the police, World Peace put on his Cookie Monster pajamas and accompanied them outside.

"At first when I seen the police, I was like, 'What the hell is going on?'" World Peace said. "I just got finished watching 'Zero Dark Thirty' or whatever that movie is. I'm like, 'I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming. Is there a terrorist in the building? Do y'all need my help?'"

Reggie Rose said Derrick Rose told his brother to say:

Derrick Rose is still out with a knee injury but the Chicago Bulls superstar is getting closer to a return. However, a new wrench may have emerged in those plans. The trade deadline passed without the team doing anything and it led to Reggie Rose, the brother of Derrick, ripping the front office. He even hinted that a lack of moves could keep his brother from returning this season.

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/02/21/r...-lack-of-moves/

Is anyone else starting to get annoyed with Derrick Rose?

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 21, 2013 -> 03:35 PM)
Rose's brothers have always been annoying.

I do agree with them though, the FO should have done something. They're so unimaginative.

What were they going to do this deadline? There was virtually no one of interest traded or available, and the Bulls really didn't have anything of value they could trade anyway that would have been worth it.

The offseason gets more interesting. You can amnesty Boozer to free up room under the cap and Hamilton becomes more attractive as an expiring contract. From there you and wheel and deal a little bit. The biggest need will still be a 2, but building around a core of Rose/#2/Deng/Gibson/Noah has potential to be an excellent starting group that can continue to play shutdown defense.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 21, 2013 -> 03:41 PM)
What were they going to do this deadline? There was virtually no one of interest traded or available, and the Bulls really didn't have anything of value they could trade anyway that would have been worth it.

The offseason gets more interesting. You can amnesty Boozer to free up room under the cap and Hamilton becomes more attractive as an expiring contract. From there you and wheel and deal a little bit. The biggest need will still be a 2, but building around a core of Rose/#2/Deng/Gibson/Noah has potential to be an excellent starting group that can continue to play shutdown defense.

I don't know, trade for J.J. Redick? It's not like Milwaukee gave up anything worthwhile.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 21, 2013 -> 03:36 PM)
DRose has pretty much said he wants to be the guy.

I know he did say that, but I have a hard time thinking that his brother says anything along those lines without input from Derrick. I have this gut feeling (nothing more) that Rose is one who will say one thing to avoid conflict/not ruffle feathers, but feel differently, and as a result, feel as if he had been somehow wronged.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

You know what? I dont care if Rose feels that way. I feel that way. I want Chicago to be a destination for free agents and I want the FO to try and pull off craziness and quit playing it safe. Even if it backfires, you still have D Rose.