2012-2013 NBA thread

The main thing you need to succeed under Thibs is discipline (basketball-related, that is). For as much as I've dogged Rose the past few weeks, he's always had this in spades. Rose happens to be exceptionally talented, so it works out. But look at a guy like Joakim Noah. Dude was a god damn clown when they drafted him and to some extent he still is. However he was willing to be pushed and do what it takes to win, as corny as that sounds, and Thibs will push you hard.

Of course you need talent but you've got to be able to put in work or else you become Tyrus Thomas.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 12:32 PM)
you said he turns it over a lot, which is objectively false.

You said that he thinks hes king s***, which not one article has ever suggested, but since its an opinion its subjectively false.

You made 1 point about taking bad shots, which is technically true, but has really no impact on his NBA ceiling, because he plays in a system that is predicated on taking quick shots that arent always "good."

But hey, you learned all of that after watching 2 games. I mean its clear you just dont like Hardaway because "he thinks hes king s*** because his dad is in the NBA."

Ive actually never heard a person say anything close to resembling that about Hardaway. So please just quit pretending like you actually know something about this player.

Ohhh sigh. I am not the only one with these opinions, but my apologies for chiming in on your precious sport. When he's getting his pocket picked and playing like s*** in the league, I won't expect you to admit you were wrong. You'll just come up with some bulls*** reasoning that shows you were right all along!

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 01:32 PM)
The main thing you need to succeed under Thibs is discipline (basketball-related, that is). For as much as I've dogged Rose the past few weeks, he's always had this in spades. Rose happens to be exceptionally talented, so it works out. But look at a guy like Joakim Noah. Dude was a god damn clown when they drafted him and to some extent he still is. However he was willing to be pushed and do what it takes to win, as corny as that sounds, and Thibs will push you hard.

Of course you need talent but you've got to be able to put in work or else you become Tyrus Thomas.

I've wondered for the last couple years what would have become of a guy like Thomas if he'd come into the league and had Thibs as his coach. He seems to be a lot better at getting the point across to guys than Skiles ever was, and he's much more deserving of employment than VDN, so who knows.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 12:34 PM)
Ohhh sigh. I am not the only one with these opinions, but my apologies for chiming in on your precious sport. When he's getting his pocket picked and playing like s*** in the league, I won't expect you to admit you were wrong. You'll just come up with some bulls*** reasoning that shows you were right all along!

Getting pick pocketed?

6 turnovers in 6 games in the NCAA tournament, what were you watching?

Seriously?

In his career (averaging 30 minutes per game every year) he has never averaged above 2 turnovers a game?

(edit)

Just for comparison (as I know you dont watch college basketball) Olidapo averaged 2.3 turnovers a game, McLemore averaged 2.3

So I guess you wouldnt draft them either?

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 01:35 PM)
I've wondered for the last couple years what would have become of a guy like Thomas if he'd come into the league and had Thibs as his coach. He seems to be a lot better at getting the point across to guys than Skiles ever was, and he's much more deserving of employment than VDN, so who knows.

Tyrus Thomas is such a huge waste of talent. He actually did put in some work, though, and seemed to be at least kind of self-aware and accountable for himself. But like you said, Thibs seems to have some kind of ability to reach players that other coaches don't have.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 12:37 PM)
Getting pick pocketed?

6 turnovers in 6 games in the NCAA tournament, what were you watching?

Seriously?

In his career (averaging 30 minutes per game every year) he has never averaged above 2 turnovers a game?

This is where your lack of knowledge regarding the league he'd be heading to hurts you.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 12:40 PM)
This is where your lack of knowledge regarding the league he'd be heading to hurts you.

No it doesnt.

When he averages less turnovers than 2 consensus top 10 shooting guards, it just shows you have no clue about college basketball stats.

But hey, you wouldnt draft Olidapo or McLemore because they average over 2 turnovers a game, so they have "bad handles"

Right??

(Edit)

Should I link their pages on ESPN? Im not sure you even know who those players are.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 12:41 PM)
No it doesnt.

When he averages less turnovers than 2 consensus top 10 shooting guards, it just shows you have no clue about college basketball stats.

But hey, you wouldnt draft Olidapo or McLemore because they average over 2 turnovers a game, so they have "bad handles"

Right??

I didn't equate the turnovers currently being made in the NCAA with bad handles. You made that association. Anyone who watches Hardaway Jr's awkward ass can tell he will be crushed at the next level.

EDIT: And eat s***, dude. "I'm not sure you know who these players are". Everyone knows who they are - the f***ing tournament just f***ing ended. You think turning condescending wins this argument? It doesn't.

No it doesnt.

Right??

I didn't equate the turnovers currently being made in the NCAA with bad handles. You made that association. Anyone who watches Hardaway Jr's awkward ass can tell he will be crushed at the next level.

EDIT: And eat s***, dude. "I'm not sure you know who these players are". Everyone knows who they are - the f***ing tournament just f***ing ended. You think turning condescending wins this argument? It doesn't.

No it doesnt.

Right??

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 12:32 PM)

Tyrus was the JaMarcus Russell of the NBA>

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 01:47 PM)
Tyrus was the JaMarcus Russell of the NBA>

Nah that's not fair, Tyrus showed occasional glimpses of brilliance and a couple times looked like was actually making progress. Plus he admitted he was his own biggest enemy.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 05:40 PM)
Tyrus Thomas is such a huge waste of talent. He actually did put in some work, though, and seemed to be at least kind of self-aware and accountable for himself. But like you said, Thibs seems to have some kind of ability to reach players that other coaches don't have.

Off topic, was always funny to me in NBA2k12 how the computer would always have Thomas leading the bobcats in scoring and rebounding. I think that year he barely found the floor.

Steve,

Top be honest Im just tired of your arrogant attitude about the NBA and how NCAA fans dont understand the NBA. Its just not true. You can dislike Hardaway as a NBA prospect because "you dont think he has the ability at the next level." That is a fair opinion and one that I would have no problem with. Hardaway is not a sure thing. This is a weak draft where the Bulls will likely be drafting outside of the lottery. In my opinion the Bulls should look at Hardaway, in your opinion they shouldnt.

The problem I have is with this:

Hardaway seems like a complete idiot

thinks he's king s*** because daddy was in the NBA (idiot).

Which just seems to be just completely making stuff up about Hardaway as if you have never seen him play.

As I said, who do you think the Bulls should draft?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 01:02 PM)
Top be honest Im just tired of your arrogant attitude about the NBA and how NCAA fans dont understand the NBA. Its just not true.

That's complete bulls***. I've never once said that NCAA fans don't understand the NBA, nor have I been arrogant about it. I've simply stated that YOU don't understand the NBA.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 01:05 PM)
That's complete bulls***. I've never once said that NCAA fans don't understand the NBA, nor have I been arrogant about it. I've simply stated that YOU don't understand the NBA.

I just wanted to discuss who the Bulls should consider drafting, and yet while you can claim to be such a NBA guru, you have yet to give 1 suggestion for who the Bulls should draft.

Since I know so little, why dont you tell me who the Bulls should draft?

That seems like a pretty good way to show off your knowledge.

(edit)

Im going to remove some things just because Im not that type of person anymore.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 01:11 PM)
I know enough about the NBA that I said Rose wasnt going to be playing against the Nuggets.

So lets be honest with ourselves here. You make outlandish unsupportable comments to get a rise out of people.

I just wanted to discuss who the Bulls should consider drafting, and yet while you can claim to be such a NBA guru, you have yet to give 1 suggestion for who the Bulls should draft.

Since I know so little, why dont you tell me who the Bulls should draft?

That seems like a pretty good way to show off your knowledge.

You brought up Tim Hardaway Jr because he shares his father's name. He's projected to go well after the Bulls' 1st round pick, but you got all excited because of his name. Meanwhile, the guy sucks. A player on his team that the Bulls should hope falls to them is GR3, now that would be something that's intriguing. But Hardaway Jr is going to be eaten alive. You only posted he might fall to the Bulls because he's got his Daddy's name, or else there's no reason to pick him out of the myriad of talents that were on the court just last night that the Bulls could target.

You keep saying bulls***. Complete and utter bulls***. That's how you win arguments. Two games? I've seen way more than that of Hardaway, Jr., but you keep repeating it.

I never claimed to be an NCAA aficionado. That does not mean my eyes don't work. However, you're claiming to be God's gift to NCAA scouting apparently means no one can disagree with you.

That's the last I'll say on this subject since you're guaranteed to type responses that are full of garbage and assumptions and bs until I give up in a few hours anyway.

No I suggested Hardaway because Ive seen him play 30-40 times and I think that the Bulls could use an athletic SG...

It has nothing to do with his name. If I was going by names, why didnt I suggest GRIII? And right now draft boards are all over the place, some of them have him low 20s, which is around where the Bulls are picking.

I never said no one can disagree with me. You just seem to be attacking Hardaway because hes a legacy, you said "he thinks hes king s***", where did you even come up with that opinion?

Ive watched him for 3 years, its not like every year I run in here saying "Tim Hardaway Jr!". I just was looking at mocks, looking at draft scout and wanted to see what people who watch the NBA, thought of Tim Hardaway Jr.

Anyways like I said, this is boring. If you cant name another suggestion, Ill just hope that someone else who watches the NBA wants to discuss some NBA draft.

Dan Bernstein ‏@dan_bernstein 32m

@AschNBA No idea. Nobody can explain why he's not playing.

Dan Bernstein ‏@dan_bernstein 43m

@AschNBA "Better than ever." Direct quote. Said his crossover is making defenders fall down.

Dan Bernstein ‏@dan_bernstein 55m

#Bulls source tells me Rose is dominating in practice, looking "better than ever." It's why the team is "exasperated" that he won't play.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 01:27 PM)
Dan Bernstein ‏@dan_bernstein 32m

@AschNBA No idea. Nobody can explain why he's not playing.

Dan Bernstein ‏@dan_bernstein 43m

@AschNBA "Better than ever." Direct quote. Said his crossover is making defenders fall down.

Dan Bernstein ‏@dan_bernstein 55m

#Bulls source tells me Rose is dominating in practice, looking "better than ever." It's why the team is "exasperated" that he won't play.

It's because God doesn't think he's ready yet.

The problem with that criticism with Hardaway is you can say that about damn near every wing player in the draft. McLemore, Oladipo, Porter, Muhammad, probably GRIII at this point (hard to say because he almost never was in situations where he was creating his own shot at Michigan) just to name a few that are much less dangerous if they have to try to go by someone.

This draft blows, if anyone could actually put the ball on the floor and finish consistently, they'd go in the top-5.

I imagined Iverson's practice rant and the parts I have memorized, pictured him talking about Rose instead when he was speaking in the first person.

"We sittin' here, he supposed to be the franchise player, we in here talkin' bout practice. Not a game. Not a game, not a game. Practice. How the hell he supposed to make his teammates better by practice?"

I'm over it. I remember the expectations of my emotions as Rose made his debut sometime in February or mid March at the latest. I expected a lot of emotion. I don't have any idea how I'll feel whenever he does pull up his skirt and put the high tops on in a game situation.

It'll probably be complete adoration, but I'm beyond disappointed right now.