2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 03:55 PM)
Right, I'm sure very little of his facebook postings comes from him. I'm sure it would be mind numbing for him to even try to look at all of the attempts at correspondence he receives anyway.

All joking aside, I am sure he has a publicist doing it.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 05:49 PM)
The real question is will fans boo Rose if he doesn't come back till next season?

Unless it comes out that he was sandbagging it, I don't see it happening. I do see his reputation for toughness and dedication taking a big hit though.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 02:12 PM)
What is craziest to me is the amount of people that post these really emotional messages on there, not just f*** YOU but heartfelt requests. People REALLY want him to come back and he's oblivious to it

If it affects them that much, they might need to rethink their priorities in life...

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 7, 2013 -> 11:32 AM)
Rose not playing today. 6 games left in the season.

Vagina.

Am I the only one who thinks that calling Rose (or anyone for that matter) a vagina is really really insulting to women?

You can beat up a vagina pretty good and in most cases it's as good as new within a couple of days, tops. You could even push a baby out of it and it's back in "game shape" within a few weeks, maybe earlier. That can't be said about certain people.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 08:25 AM)
You can beat up a vagina pretty good and in most cases it's as good as new within a couple of days, tops. You could even push a baby out of it and it's back in "game shape" within a few weeks, maybe earlier. That can't be said about certain people.

Good point.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 08:25 AM)

I'm going to go test this hypothesis.

See you in a few months

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 09:32 AM)
I'm going to go test this hypothesis.

See you in a few months

Make sure you get consent first. I'm not trying to get arrested and you can say you got this idea from me. lol.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 10:08 PM)
Am I the only one who thinks that calling Rose (or anyone for that matter) a vagina is really really insulting to women?

Someone who thinks using the word vagina is insulting to women is a vagina. ;)

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 08:53 AM)
Someone who thinks using the word vagina is insulting to women is a vagina. ;)

Hey, in all fairness, Vagina=greatest of all time invention :)

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 10:18 AM)
Also, I'm going to be lol'ing at all you guys who are deriding Rose right now when you eventually get back on the DR1 bandwagon (and believe me you all will)...

This is irrelevant, along with how good the team is or isn't without him right now. The exceptionalism that Rose gets is nonsense. He is exactly the same as any other player even if he is better than all of them. Am I still a Derrick Rose fan? Yes, of course. That's not even in question. That doesn't mean I'm not sick of his bulls*** right now and that I shouldn't be calling him on it. I'm not fazed by the tsk-tsking of the "he can do no wrong" crowd.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 09:21 AM)
This is irrelevant, along with how good the team is or isn't without him right now. The exceptionalism that Rose gets is nonsense. He is exactly the same as any other player even if he is better than all of them. Am I still a Derrick Rose fan? Yes, of course. That's not even in question. That doesn't mean I'm not sick of his bulls*** right now and that I shouldn't be calling him on it. I'm not fazed by the tsk-tsking of the "he can do no wrong" crowd.

In no way am I in the "he can do no wrong" crowd, he has royally f***ed up in terms of PR. He should tell us once and for all if he's gonna play or not, not this God only knows crap, I agree with you guys on that. The only thing I'm with Rose is that he knows his body more than anyone else, including his doctors. It looks like the major hurdle for him right now is mental and maybe playing through that is the right decision but if he wants to be overly cautious and come back when the mental part is there, well that's his decision and ultimately it's his body and career we're talking about.

Me, I would shut Rose down now and let him get a summer's worth of training and preseason to get back physically and mentally ready. The mental part is as important as the physical, I wouldn't want him to hurt another part of his body trying to subconciously protect his knee. I want DR1 for the long haul, not for a few weeks this year for a long (and I mean LONG) shot at the title.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 09:37 AM)
Using "vagina" and "p****" as emasculating slurs are sexist

I know some women with more "balls" than anyone here.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 09:18 AM)
Also, I'm going to be lol'ing at all you guys who are deriding Rose right now when you eventually get back on the DR1 bandwagon (and believe me you all will)...

Cheering for him doesn't make him any less of a Dbag.

What a crappy basketball season this was if you really think about it. Most of the teams have shut down their stars for the past couple of weeks, there's nothing interesting going on - I won't even touch the Bulls.

Really, the next basketball that's going to actually matter is the Western Conference Finals when the old-ass Spurs get rolled by the Thunder. The Heat will cream the Knicks if they even get that far. Then the Heat win the title. This season is really finishing with quite a whimper.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 09:40 AM)
In no way am I in the "he can do no wrong" crowd, he has royally f***ed up in terms of PR. He should tell us once and for all if he's gonna play or not, not this God only knows crap, I agree with you guys on that. The only thing I'm with Rose is that he knows his body more than anyone else, including his doctors. It looks like the major hurdle for him right now is mental and maybe playing through that is the right decision but if he wants to be overly cautious and come back when the mental part is there, well that's his decision and ultimately it's his body and career we're talking about.

Me, I would shut Rose down now and let him get a summer's worth of training and preseason to get back physically and mentally ready. The mental part is as important as the physical, I wouldn't want him to hurt another part of his body trying to subconciously protect his knee. I want DR1 for the long haul, not for a few weeks this year for a long (and I mean LONG) shot at the title.

I wanted the Bulls to trade their expensive assets in the offseason and not chase a dream assuming Derrick Rose would come back when medically cleared to play and they'd make a run at this thing. The Bulls have completely f***ed themselves here. How they could let this be the season of all seasons they go over the tax threshold is beyond me. Completely ass-backwards management here.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 10:21 AM)
What a crappy basketball season this was if you really think about it. Most of the teams have shut down their stars for the past couple of weeks, there's nothing interesting going on - I won't even touch the Bulls.

Really, the next basketball that's going to actually matter is the Western Conference Finals when the old-ass Spurs get rolled by the Thunder. The Heat will cream the Knicks if they even get that far. Then the Heat win the title. This season is really finishing with quite a whimper.

A lot like last year.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 10:22 AM)
I wanted the Bulls to trade their expensive assets in the offseason and not chase a dream assuming Derrick Rose would come back when medically cleared to play and they'd make a run at this thing. The Bulls have completely f***ed themselves here. How they could let this be the season of all seasons they go over the tax threshold is beyond me. Completely ass-backwards management here.

Yep. They should have tanked from day 1.