2012-2013 NBA thread

While I'm not even bothering to watch basketball now, (maybe lakers locking down 8 will be interesting?), whomever the nuggets face in first round is going to be interesting. There will be some really fun Western conference matchups in playoffs. East will be just terrible.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 10:22 AM)
I wanted the Bulls to trade their expensive assets in the offseason and not chase a dream assuming Derrick Rose would come back when medically cleared to play and they'd make a run at this thing. The Bulls have completely f***ed themselves here. How they could let this be the season of all seasons they go over the tax threshold is beyond me. Completely ass-backwards management here.

I was very loudly on this bandwagon.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 10:32 AM)
I was very loudly on this bandwagon.

That's what happens when your front office is run by scouts. The Bulls certainly have an eye for talent, but very piss-poor cap management (and at times, downright not understanding how the cap works it seems).

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 10:30 AM)
Yep, had the Bulls tanked theyd be looking at drafting a decent SG. Not sure if hes going to enter, but I like Hardaway's size and think he could look good next to Rose.

Hardaway seems like a complete idiot with zero handles.

The Bulls appeared to be selling the fanbase an idea of shedding salary - communicated that very poorly though, and they got blasted by the fanbase for being cheap and doing it only to avoid the luxury tax. It was totally logical why they let Asik go. You can't give that kind of money to a backup center even if he's a legit starter. They gave up Korver for essentially nothing - in isolation, this was stupid, but as part of an overall strategy it made sense (like dumping Hinrich to Washington before the 2010 season).

Then they turned around and completely undid this and made it clear nothing made sense and they didn't really have a coherent plan. The Taj Gibson extension, then bringing back Kirk Hinrich... what was that? So they went into the luxury tax because of Rip Hamilton and Kirk Hinrich, for the first time in franchise history. Really?

And although I was on board at the time with Rip Hamilton, in theory, it turns out signing an actual pane of glass would've been much cheaper.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 11:44 AM)
That's what happens when your front office is run by scouts. The Bulls certainly have an eye for talent, but very piss-poor cap management (and at times, downright not understanding how the cap works it seems).

if they were as good at contract negotiations as they are at scouting they'd be f***ing golden.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 09:41 AM)

I know some women with more "balls" than anyone here.

Neither have the guts to call Rose those names to his face.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 11:06 AM)
lol, still a bit chippy over the "Rose wil defl return" fiasco, huh?

I haven't been chippy about that at all, actually. It's over, and it was good for business.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 11:12 AM)
Neither have the guts to call Rose those names to his face.

I'd certainly get on him about letting his team die on the court while he dunks and laughs and collects millions of dollars. :o

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 11:06 AM)
if they were as good at contract negotiations as they are at scouting they'd be f***ing golden.

They really do pull some ridonk talent out of the end of the first round.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 11:19 AM)
Not sure what this means?

But he actually may be available for the Bulls as it stands.

When forced to dribble the ball, he turns it over (bad handles) He puts up bad shots from bad locations and thinks he's king s*** because daddy was in the NBA (idiot).

Post defined.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 11:23 AM)
Hardaway Jr. not having handles is kind of baffling considering his father's were pretty legendary.

Yeah, he's just straight awkward out there. And soooooo stupid.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 11:27 AM)
Serious Q: Can Thibs fix him?

I think Thibs would just say "no thanks" when the idea of him was brought up. He'll wind up on the Nets or something and have a horrific PER.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 9, 2013 -> 11:21 AM)
When forced to dribble the ball, he turns it over (bad handles) He puts up bad shots from bad locations and thinks he's king s*** because daddy was in the NBA (idiot).

Post defined.

Yeah I just completely disagree, so thats why I wanted to make sure I understood your post.

In the entire NCAA tournament he had 6 turnovers (that is 1 per game). The shots are based on how the Michigan system works, so its hard to judge him if youve only seen him play 2-3 times.

Hardaway is insanely athletic with good size. Not sure where you get that he thinks hes king s***, never seen him act that way. But Ive only seen him play about 20-30 times.