2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 7, 2013 -> 08:48 PM)
A source close to the situation in Chicago told HOOPSWORLD earlier this week that Rose seems to be completely healthy. He’s practicing just like he did before the injury and is not showing any signs of weakness with the surgically repaired leg. In fact, the source said a lot of people around the team are scratching their heads, wondering what’s keeping Rose from returning for a tune up before the playoffs. Rose has made mention that he isn’t entirely comfortable dunking off of the leg just yet, and there has been some talk about his hamstrings being a little sore, but otherwise the former MVP looks like he could step on the court tomorrow and push his team from first round fodder to possible contenders.

Read more at http://hoopshype.com/archive/rumors/2013/r...piRcdXRwUt82.99

That ship has long sailed. There's no way in hell you could expect anybody, even prime MJ, to come back after nearly a year and recapture his former glory in 6 f***ing games before going right to the playoffs. That's a f***ing ridiculous expectation.

Serious, possibly stupid, question. How hard do NBA teams go in 5 on 5 practice? Derrick seems to have been participating in 5 on 5 for over a month now, probably against some pretty good defenders. Is it possible Thibs is just getting him ready "Under the radar" of other NBA teams? That all probably sounds "f***ing ridiculous" but it's just a thought.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 08:23 AM)
Serious, possibly stupid, question. How hard do NBA teams go in 5 on 5 practice? Derrick seems to have been participating in 5 on 5 for over a month now, probably against some pretty good defenders. Is it possible Thibs is just getting him ready "Under the radar" of other NBA teams? That all probably sounds "f***ing ridiculous" but it's just a thought.

Probably 90% or so. In the general scheme of things though, it's no where near game speed.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 09:25 AM)
Probably 90% or so. In the general scheme of things though, it's no where near game speed.

The reality is that there's no substitute for the cardio of a full on 2 hour long game where you run several miles while also jumping and being bumped into.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 7, 2013 -> 11:22 PM)
That ship has long sailed. There's no way in hell you could expect anybody, even prime MJ, to come back after nearly a year and recapture his former glory in 6 f***ing games before going right to the playoffs. That's a f***ing ridiculous expectation.

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but pointing out that Jordan's double-nickel game was in his fifth game back.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 09:37 AM)
Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but pointing out that Jordan's double-nickel game was in his fifth game back.

His play that year was also closer to his Wizards years than any of his years with the Bulls. He obviously had some great games but he really struggled shooting the ball.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 10:48 AM)
His play that year was also closer to his Wizards years than any of his years with the Bulls. He obviously had some great games but he really struggled shooting the ball.

His legs definitely weren't under him until he got the full summer and training camp to get into basketball shape. That was really obvious when the Magic series rolled around.

MJ in 1995 hadn't been doing all the workouts and practice with the intensity that Rose is doing right now. That is not to say Rose is going to come back and light up the league (LOL if he even comes back, ever) but I don't think those two situations are directly comparable. Rose went from rehab to workouts to 5 on 5s and game-like simulations, it's the equivalent of a training camp and a preseason.

...all of which leads to yet another question to ask him WTF is he doing. He is spamming God with prayers, but God is like "why does this kid keep calling me, I answered his prayer and healed his body months ago." God has Rose's email and phone numbers blocked.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 09:48 AM)

31.5 pts/gm on 48% shooting in the playoffs.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 10:01 AM)
MJ in 1995 hadn't been doing all the workouts and practice with the intensity that Rose is doing right now. That is not to say Rose is going to come back and light up the league (LOL if he even comes back, ever) but I don't think those two situations are directly comparable. Rose went from rehab to workouts to 5 on 5s and game-like simulations, it's the equivalent of a training camp and a preseason.

...all of which leads to yet another question to ask him WTF is he doing. He is spamming God with prayers, but God is like "why does this kid keep calling me, I answered his prayer and healed his body months ago." God has Rose's email and phone numbers blocked.

:D

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 02:32 PM)
Entertaining is reading Facebook comments whenever "D-Rose" posts a new status.

https://www.facebook.com/derrickrose/posts/10151525025827305

What is craziest to me is the amount of people that post these really emotional messages on there, not just f*** YOU but heartfelt requests. People REALLY want him to come back and he's oblivious to it

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 03:12 PM)
What is craziest to me is the amount of people that post these really emotional messages on there, not just f*** YOU but heartfelt requests. People REALLY want him to come back and he's oblivious to it

I'd be shocked if he was really running that page himself. No words are misspelled.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 03:42 PM)
I'd be shocked if he was really running that page himself. No words are misspelled.

Right, I'm sure very little of his facebook postings comes from him. I'm sure it would be mind numbing for him to even try to look at all of the attempts at correspondence he receives anyway.