Dempster to Rangers

SOXOBAMA

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 01:07 PM)
FWIW, DBacks AAA lefty Patrick Corbin scratched from his start today

Smoke is Garza to AZ for Corbin and others. No Upton of course, don't know who came up with that.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 12:39 PM)
This is why I don't really care about Olney...he seems to suggest stupid crap like this from time to time.

Most of these guys, Heyman is big with this too, mention the popular teams to drive up the people who follow them/click on their links etc. Buster probably needed a unique Cubs item to throw out

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 01:21 PM)
Most of these guys, Heyman is big with this too, mention the popular teams to drive up the people who follow them/click on their links etc. Buster probably needed a unique Cubs item to throw out

Heyman just keeps wondering why there is no market for Soriano, as if he has no idea about his albatross of his contract.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 01:27 PM)
Heyman just keeps wondering why there is no market for Soriano, as if he has no idea about his albatross of his contract.

he's been on that badwagon for literally 2 months, and you're right, he acts completely clueless and like the rest of MLB is missing out on some fantastic bargin in passing on Soriano.

I would imagine he has strong contacts with Cubs and Boston (guess it makes sense with the front-office situation) since he does some A LOT of talking about them out-of-the blue

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 01:30 PM)
he's been on that badwagon for literally 2 months, and you're right, he acts completely clueless and like the rest of MLB is missing out on some fantastic bargin in passing on Soriano.

I would imagine he has strong contacts with Cubs and Boston (guess it makes sense with the front-office situation) since he does some A LOT of talking about them out-of-the blue

Heyman did say a couple of days ago, the White Sox were the most interesting team to watch at the deadline.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 01:30 PM)
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS

source says dempster told the #cubs he will agree to a #yankees trade

source says dempster changed his mind 1 minute later, told #cubs he was blindsided by finding out about trade by #agent, will now veto #yankees trade

Heyman is now caught up in Dempster's ability to say No again to any other team... I don't see that being an issue, he would have about what, 8-10 starts left? He seems pretty firm that if he isn't going exactly where he wants he's staying in Chicago.

Anyone familiar enough with NYY farm system so if/when prospect names come out we can say "decent" or "steal for Cubs?"

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 12:42 PM)
Bruce Levine ‏@ESPNBruceLevine

Dempster told me he has expanded his list to Yanks and Texas as well as Dodgers.

I don't think the Yankees really need a starter. They have CC, Kuroda, Nova, Hughes, Freddy. Pettite is injured by I think that he might comeback this year.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 02:49 PM)
Dylan Hernandez ‏@dylanohernandez

Source: the #Dodgers are out on Ryan Dempster.

They HAVE to move him though right? I mean Tex or NYY will give them something for him. It's bad enough they lost out on Delgado because of him. They will get compensation though if he walks though, yes? Not sure his status.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 02:51 PM)
They HAVE to move him though right? I mean Tex or NYY will give them something for him. It's bad enough they lost out on Delgado because of him. They will get compensation though if he walks though, yes? Not sure his status.

If they offer him a high end deal (has to be top 150 in baseball, or top 100 or something), and he turns them down, the Cubs get picks.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 03:53 PM)
If they offer him a high end deal (has to be top 150 in baseball, or top 100 or something), and he turns them down, the Cubs get picks.

That'd be a ton of money to offer him, and he'd probably accept.

I think he'll be a Ranger or Yankee in the next few minutes, but wow, if he stays the Cubs media spin machine will throw him under the bus, it will be interesting to witness.

Although as I said, I think they move him, it's far too big of a risk to offer him something for compensation since he would have zero problem staying, they need to get something for him, even if it's a fringe prospect.