20/7 (or 7/20): White Sox @ Detroit... IT'S ON!!!!

Joxer_Daly

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 08:48 PM)
Biggest game of Chris Sale's young career tmrw.

Trying to hold off the Tigers, winners of 11/13, for first place.

In front of an SRO sold out crowd on national tv/FOX.

Tigers got their A game going.

If the Sox win 1, they are still in first.

Sox got the 2 runs and then suddenly Detroit woke up and dominated.

Bad game.

I'm surprised nobody has started a thread, "Peavy is not an ace." like all the Buehlre is not an ace threads of the past.

3-5 road trip; worst trip in a while.

Edited by greg775

That is one arrogant ass 2nd place team. Big Potato has to be my least favorite pitcher in the league.

This was their best chance of taking a game in this series and they did it....props to them....let's see how the next 2 go when the Sox have the pitching advantage.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 01:56 AM)
I didn't expect a win tonight. Peavy is no Verlander.

Peavy's giving up a ton of hits compared to his first 14 starts of the year. Something like giving up 8 or more hits in 4 of his last 5 starts after only doing it twice in his first 14 starts.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 08:57 PM)
Sox got the 2 runs and then suddenly Detroit woke up and dominated.

Bad game.

I'm surprised nobody has started a thread, "Peavy is not an ace." like all the Buehlre is not an ace threads of the past.

3-5 road trip; worst trip in a while.

Man, you would think we just faced the best pitcher in the AL.

Oh, wait

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 07:38 PM)
I can stomach these losses better than the one last night. Still f***ing fuming over that one

Same here. I don't like reading about it. Has Ventura ever said he should have left Q in for the 9th inning?

Greg, I suppose the Royals would have batted Verlander around when he was throwing 97-100 in the 7th and 8th?

Tip your caps. 4 two out runs scored. Not that they were great pitches (any of them) by Peavy.

Great job Donnie Veal, someone finally bowed their neck down there and fought back.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 09:00 PM)
Same here. I don't like reading about it. Has Ventura ever said he should have left Q in for the 9th inning?

Nope. Not at all.

Hope it happens the next time out...eventually he's going to have to change his mind and start giving Quintana some more respect.

QUOTE (Caesar @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 01:36 AM)
Please do not pick up Peavys option next year. He is not a high pressure pitcher. He never has been. Time to really think about the direction of this franchise. This team doesn't have a chance to make the playoffs.

Wow. Caesar is king of the message board with posts like that. Yikes.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 02:17 AM)
Peavy's absolutely gassed. These pitch counts for Peavy are crazy.

Isn't his contract up after this year. If so, it's obvious the Sox don't care if he uses the ol arm up this year.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 02:30 AM)
Beckham is back to being bad at the plate. Looks completely lost.

Beckham is to the point, I think of him as Getz. He's just another guy (offensively). Defensively he's pretty special, but the man is just another guy offensively. Would any of you actually be upset if like Fathom suggests he's traded in the offseason as a change of scenery trade? I wouldn't mind. You can always find a second baseman.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 02:40 AM)
Wow. Our pen is a LOT worse than I thought.

Our pen has been average at best to below average ever since Joe Morgan years ago said it was the best in baseball history or whatever he said.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 02:59 AM)
Man, you would think we just faced the best pitcher in the AL.

You pick out my post to use as an example of negativity when Caesar and that other guy were proclaiming the game over for the second night in a row before the fifth inning? I'm the optimist of all time compared to them.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 03:01 AM)
Greg, I suppose the Royals would have batted Verlander around when he was throwing 97-100 in the 7th and 8th?

Tip your caps. 4 two out runs scored. Not that they were great pitches (any of them) by Peavy.

Great job Donnie Veal, someone finally bowed their neck down there and fought back.

How the hell did the NL treat Verlander like Luke Hochevar?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 09:18 PM)
You pick out my post to use as an example of negativity when Caesar and that other guy were proclaiming the game over for the second night in a row before the fifth inning? I'm the optimist of all time compared to them.

Didnt you just ask why someone isnt putting up a "Peavy is not an Ace" thread like the Buehrle threads from like 2004?

And you accuse me of picking out negative posts? At least im picking out one that just happened, not one from 8 years ago