Kyyle23

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

websports@dallasnews.com

11:37 pm on July 26, 2012 | PermalinkRangers starter: RHP Yu Darvish (11-6, 3.88) allowed two runs in seven innings during a win at the Los Angeles Angels on Saturday. This will be Darvish’s first start against the White Sox. Darvish is 7-1 with a 1.70 ERA when facing a club for the first time. In Darvish’s last eight starts, he has held right-handed hitters to a .136 average in 81 at-bats.

Matchup of note: A walk is likely when designated hitter Adam Dunn faces Darvish. Dunn has taken an American League-high 75 walks. Darvish has given up 11 walks in his last 151/3 innings and is third in the league for walks allowed with 61.

Chicago White Sox starter: LHP Chris Sale (11-3, 2.37) had a personal eight-game winning streak end Saturday when he gave up five runs in seven innings during a loss at Detroit. Sale has three “out” pitches: fastball, slider and change-up. He ranks second in the AL for ERA and third in opponents batting average at .211.

Matchup of note: Sale allowed one run in 71/3 innings during a win against the Rangers on July 3, but Josh Hamilton reached base twice in three plate appearances against him. That was noteworthy because Sale has held left-handed hitters to a .205 average and .248 on-base percentage

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 02:17 PM)
They want to give Peavy and Sale the extra day off.

Sounds good to me. Honestly at this point, assuming KW stands pat (probably shouldn't assume that) I much rather see Castro take Humbers spot in the rotation. He couldn't be any worse and could turn out to be excellent down the stretch for us...

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 03:30 PM)
“@MDGonzales: De Aza cf, Youkilis 3b , Dunn dh, Konerko 1b, Rios rf, Ramirez ss, Viciedo  lf, Flowers c, Beckham 2b, Sale p”

AJ out at least one more game, but Youk is back. I guess that's half good news.