8/26 Mariners at White Sox

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Aug 26, 2012 -> 08:22 PM)
Agreed, Cubs game was called.....Flowers might have won us at least 3 games this year.

He may strike out/take a lot of strikes but he sure does try to have a quality AB every time he is up. He is so damn strong to where he makes contact its either a screaming meme or a no doubter.

I wish I knew if this game was being called or not.....I live in Ohio so how nasty was the weather? ...usually whatever hits Chicago hits Toledo shortly.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Aug 26, 2012 -> 06:25 PM)
He may strike out/take a lot of strikes but he sure does try to have a quality AB every time he is up. He is so damn strong to where he makes contact its either a screaming meme or a no doubter.

I wish I knew if this game was being called or not.....I live in Ohio so how nasty was the weather? ...usually whatever hits Chicago hits Toledo shortly.

Jones got the win right? he might wind up with

More wins than peavy. And basically flowers hit a walk off home run that wasn't walked off.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 26, 2012 -> 06:27 PM)
Awesome! Mariners fans really hate the White Sox right now

Mariners ain't in a race. Actually they are in last. Sorry. They waited and try to

Get the game on but apparently mother nature loves the White Sox right now.

Jones got the win right? he might wind up with

More wins than peavy. And basically flowers hit a walk off home run that wasn't walked off.

So do the hits that came after Flowers count or is the game backed up to the point the Sox went ahead?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 26, 2012 -> 05:38 PM)
Is Tyler Flowers showing enough here in the 2nd half to get the nod as the everyday catcher in 2013?

Have to fear overpaying AJ based on his stats for this year and the likelihood of a decline.

Hell no. We don't even know if Tyler can play every day for a whole season. And he didn't hit that well in the minor leagues either. Tyler is a good backup for AJ next year, probably start platooning with AJ the year after and then maybe split 50/50 with AJ the year after that.

People that think it's so easy to replace AJ just don't appreciate how good and durable he is and will be in for a rude awakening if the Sox don't re-sign him.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 12:46 AM)
Quite a different feeling from last Sunday. Can't believe we could be 16 games over .500 a week later, sweeping the Yanks and the hottest (granted, against weaker teams) team in baseball in the M's.

What a difference a week makes, eh?

And scrapping back from behind to get the win in so many of the games makes it all the more gratifying.