The WE GOT THIS Sox/Tigers Sunday THREAD

Steve9347

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 02:18 AM)
Alexei's foolishly trying to hit a home run to the opposite field instead of trying to bunt against Cabrera. They've just made things way too easy for the Tigers this weekend.

Our guys aren't going to do the unsportsmanlike thing and embarass Cabrera. It's not right, you know. We wouldn't try to take advantage of him like that even with a division at stake.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 02:19 AM)
Your last 384 posts say differently

I'm just calling the Sox out on their being p*****s and failing to show up and win one damn game in Detroit again. That's all they had to do, win one lousy game instead of make this one of the worst weekends of my baseball life. I can be furious at their laying down against Detroit, but yes there is a chance the Sox could still make the playoffs. Detroit could start sucking again. If Detroit sucks and the Sox win at home and lose on the road the rest of the way, playoffs are still possible.

QUOTE (Caesar @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 09:21 PM)
If you consider choking away a division and playoff appearance fun, then yep, it's gonna be a f***ing blast.

Put a new tampon in and have a cigarette. Youll feel better after that.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 09:18 PM)
Alexei's foolishly trying to hit a home run to the opposite field instead of trying to bunt against Cabrera. They've just made things way too easy for the Tigers this weekend.

I hear ya, but in their defense Scherzer and Verlander can't be easy to bunt.

QUOTE (Caesar @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 09:21 PM)
If you consider choking away a division and playoff appearance fun, then yep, it's gonna be a f***ing blast.

Yeah, just like everything else, being in first place really sucks, and is certainly no fun. You really should find something else more enjoyable to do with your time.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 09:21 PM)
He hit .231 with a sub 700 Ops in August. Yet we keep trotting him out there in the 4 hole. Wise gets bumped to the 3 hole because our manager is incapable of creativity. Dunn hit 3, his replacement must hit 3.

It doesnt matter who hits where. They are all bums.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 03:21 AM)
He hit .231 with a sub 700 Ops in August. Yet we keep trotting him out there in the 4 hole. Wise gets bumped to the 3 hole because our manager is incapable of creativity. Dunn hit 3, his replacement must hit 3.

You know I've been all for shuffling the lineup, but who's even worthy of being moved up in the order? Rios has struggled ever since the league realized he destroys anything on the inner half.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 09:22 PM)
I don't consider this choking.

What would you call it? They have led the division pretty much all year. They just got swept by the team behind them. They played like s*** in Baltimore. Make no mistake, they are choking.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 02:22 AM)
I don't consider this choking.

I do consider it choking, fathom, cause Sox just had to win one game this weekend to be in fantastic shape. To not get one after getting swept there last time is indeed choking.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 08:23 PM)
You know I've been all for shuffling the lineup, but who's even worthy of being moved up in the order? Rios has struggled ever since the league realized he destroys anything on the inner half.

Let's have De Aza and Wise PH for everyone.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 09:21 PM)

Wise was hitting .400 vs. Verlander coming in. It really didn't matter who hit where tonight. He could have picked names out of a hat.

QUOTE (Caesar @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 03:24 AM)
What would you call it? They have led the division pretty much all year. They just got swept by the team behind them. They played like s*** in Baltimore. Make no mistake, they are choking.

They've lost to teams playing better baseball this week. Tigers have been simply sensational on the road, and I know people will point to the Tigers/KC series as proof they were slumping, but all three of those games were extremely fluky losses.

When all is said and done, were the Sox to not make the playoffs, it would still be the better team won and Sale/Quintana wore down...many nagging injuries, etc.

Detroit has just dominated us. There's no way around it. We can't pat ourselves on the back and say we have more talent. And we can't come up with a hit with RISP when we were leading the majors in that category coming into this series.

It has been a playoff-like series in terms of intensity, and we gave away Friday's game and then proceeded to go and get dominated by two dominant pitchers in Scherzer and Verlander. (Who we'll see again SOON).

Nothing you can really say about it. It is what it is. Not even really mad or upset, what did we realistically expect after losing the first two games??

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 09:25 PM)
What's the board gonna be like tomorrow night when a tired DET team loses at noon to CLE and the Sox beat MIN at home? "The season is over but we have a one game lead!!!"

Detroit will not lose tomorrow.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 09:25 PM)
What's the board gonna be like tomorrow night when a tired DET team loses at noon to CLE and the Sox beat MIN at home? "The season is over but we have a one game lead!!!"

It isnt really a surprise that Caesar had a meltdown.

Edited by Baron