The First Annual Steve9347 b**** about your Fantasy Teams here

Kyyle23

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My team has no shot at the playoffs so im working on a blockbuster to send to a team thats right on the edge of the playoffs.

Im sending:

Tom Brady (Not keepable)

Adrian Peterson (Not keepable)

Hoping to get:

Doug Martin (5th round keeper)

Randal Cobb (14th round keeper)

and Demarco Murray (7th round keeper)

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Nov 19, 2012 -> 03:12 PM)
My team has no shot at the playoffs so im working on a blockbuster to send to a team thats right on the edge of the playoffs.

Im sending:

Tom Brady (Not keepable)

Adrian Peterson (Not keepable)

Hoping to get:

Doug Martin (5th round keeper)

Randal Cobb (14th round keeper)

and Demarco Murray (7th round keeper)

Depending on his depth elsewhere, I can't even imagine why he'd make this deal. Even if we say that Peterson is a slight upgrade over Martin, Cobb has still been one of the most productive receivers in the NFL over the past 4-6 weeks. His QB has to be pretty bad and he has to have depth at WR.

If it goes through, it's fantastic for you and maybe him, depending on how the rest of his team looks.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 19, 2012 -> 03:17 PM)
Depending on his depth elsewhere, I can't even imagine why he'd make this deal. Even if we say that Peterson is a slight upgrade over Martin, Cobb has still been one of the most productive receivers in the NFL over the past 4-6 weeks. His QB has to be pretty bad and he has to have depth at WR.

If it goes through, it's fantastic for you and maybe him, depending on how the rest of his team looks.

His receivers are Welker, Reggie Wayne and Desean jackson. His QB is Joe flacco. His Rbs are CJ2k, Martin, and Mendenhall.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Nov 19, 2012 -> 03:26 PM)
His receivers are Welker, Reggie Wayne and Desean jackson. His QB is Joe flacco. His Rbs are CJ2k, Martin, and Mendenhall.

I personally couldn't justify that trade if I were him (unless it's PPR, in which case it's a bit different). Elite QBs like Brady, Brees, and Rodgers (and a few others here and there can be argued too) are the best way to get consistent points on a weekly basis (which is why I will always do what I can to get one), but, assuming it's a RB, RB, WR, WR, R/W flex as in standard leagues, he's going to be playing a flex option every week in Jackson/Mendenhall/waiver pickup.

Not my team though, and like I said, if he makes it, you're looking great.

I dont like leagues where you can trade keeper eligible players. Kind of destroys the integrity imo. Not saying that trade is too bad or anything. But I dont think teams out of contention should be able to help teams that are for future considerations, ie someone to keep the next season.

So my one weakness this year on my fantasy team has been QB play so I'm taking a flyer on Kapernick. If the 49ers are smart they continue to start him and I think he will be a decent fantasy option. If not I'm back in the same boat I started in which is relying on the awful fantasy duo of Rivers and Cutler.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 21, 2012 -> 04:06 PM)
So my one weakness this year on my fantasy team has been QB play so I'm taking a flyer on Kapernick. If the 49ers are smart they continue to start him and I think he will be a decent fantasy option. If not I'm back in the same boat I started in which is relying on the awful fantasy duo of Rivers and Cutler.

Kaepernick has become a huge deal in my league, if he can put up at least 20 fantasy points per game, hes a steal, and not to mention the guy that picked him up gets to keep him next year for just a 12th rounder.

I benched Stafford and of course he has a great game... F U! Thank god New England's defense is doin work. :) Witten was meh. Other guy has Brady (3 TD's so far, though not many yards), Andre Johnson (who was magnificent) and Aaron Hernandez (who thankfully only has one catch up to this point) tonight. Would love to see NE D put up 35+ to make me feel good about this comming Sunday.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Nov 23, 2012 -> 06:09 PM)
Bowe, Mendenhall, Steven Jackson, or Justin Blackmon?

Cigarette and a blindfold an option?

The most talented player of the group is Jackson, but he's facing a tough Cardinals defense. Blackmon faces a pretty easy matchup against the Titans, but do you believe he is closer to the player he was last week or the first 9 weeks of the season?

I wouldn't touch Bowe or Mendenhall with a 10-foot pole right now

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 24, 2012 -> 02:15 PM)
I wouldn't touch Bowe or Mendenhall with a 10-foot pole right now

Pitt is facing Cleveland this week and their run defense is in the bottom third of the league, and they're running out their 3rd string QB, so if they're going to make a dent, they're going to have to run the ball.

QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 25, 2012 -> 05:50 PM)
My team is just destroying teams 4 weeks in a row after starting 2-6...

I'm Green Bay Packer -ing my way into the playoffs.

You and me both. Started 2-5. Then 3-6. Up to 6-6 and on the doorstep of the playoffs.