Sox vs Tigers... The Final Countdown!!!!

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 08:37 AM)
Heck with that, after yesterday's display I want him released.

I was at the game. He was awful. Not just the fielding blunder either, I mean, he looked bad defensively more than once... he couldn't lay down a bunt... and he failed to run out the sacrifice that could have resulted in not making an out. After a game like that, from a minor league veteran, he should have no place on the roster.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 09:56 AM)
I was at the game. He was awful. Not just the fielding blunder either, I mean, he looked bad defensively more than once... he couldn't lay down a bunt... and he failed to run out the sacrifice that could have resulted in not making an out. After a game like that, from a minor league veteran, he should have no place on the roster.

The thing that really got me was the lack of hustle. You didn't write the one on the last out of the game...struck out swinging at a pitch in the dirt, but instead of running to first base, did the dejected walk away from the plate. At least make them throw the ball to first!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 08:01 AM)
The thing that really got me was the lack of hustle. You didn't write the one on the last out of the game...struck out swinging at a pitch in the dirt, but instead of running to first base, did the dejected walk away from the plate. At least make them throw the ball to first!

That was one of the worst plate appearances I have ever seen.

The bunt I can understand...he was trying not to run into the tag...

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Sep 9, 2012 -> 09:11 PM)
Have tickets for Wednesday. Took a quick gander at Stubhub to discover $7 tickets for tomorrow (500 level). Thats hilarious, because this is pretty much a playoff game. If the defibrillators I ordered on Amazon for this week get here in a timely fashion, I might just have to buy. Beer costs more than that at a ballpark. I'm not one to bring up attendance, but you can rest assured that if the Cubs were in the Sox' position- up two games on the closest division rival with 3 weeks to go in the season- the s***tiest seats in their park would be going for around $50 and your firstborn child.

Well this is just ignorant.

It's half price night, tickets upstairs are already FACE at 7, 11, and 13 bucks. Why should they be $50 on stubhub?

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 10:50 AM)

It's half price night, tickets upstairs are already FACE at 7, 11, and 13 bucks. Why should they be $50 on stubhub?

Because the game should be sold out and impossible to buy a "face" ticket for.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 09:50 AM)

Wasn't aware of the 1/2 Price Promo, but that's ok. Tickets for a game that would very much be in-demand on the other side of town aren't selling even after they're marked half off. If the Sox sold out the park and there were still fans that wanted to come out to the park, prices on Stubhub would reflect the demand despite what face value was. Not sure what was ignorant about that.

Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are cheap as dirt as well- no 1/2 Price Promo.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 10:39 AM)
QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 10:32 AM)

Because the game should be sold out and impossible to buy a "face" ticket for.

The point is he looked on stubhub for prices and was somehow surprised - there's a pretty good reason they are that low.

It was as Jenksy Cat said. The surprise was about the availability and lack of demand for tickets to four home games that will decide the outcome of the season.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 10:46 AM)
That was one of the worst plate appearances I have ever seen.

The bunt I can understand...he was trying not to run into the tag...

The problem on the bunt was that he lolly-gagged it to first base after stopping. Stopping I get. He could have beaten the throw to first if he started running full speed after the throw went to 2nd.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 11:26 AM)
The problem on the bunt was that he lolly-gagged it to first base after stopping. Stopping I get. He could have beaten the throw to first if he started running full speed after the throw went to 2nd.

I don't think he could have, but I understand the frustration.

The entire team sucks lately...my confidence has really been shaken...I sure hope they show us something this week.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 12:29 PM)
I don't think he could have, but I understand the frustration.

The entire team sucks lately...my confidence has really been shaken...I sure hope they show us something this week.

I don't get it. The guy is f***ing lucky to be on a major league baseball roster. He should be busting ass twice as hard to try to prove he belongs.