Sox vs Tigers... The Final Countdown!!!!

LittleHurt05

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 10:37 PM)
Guys on CTL are giving Youk some crap about not being with the team yesterday. Supposedly the baby was born Friday and both baby and mom were fine and healthy Saturday morning.

Uh oh. Is this trouble for us? Does Youk sense this team is going nowhere? Yesterday was very very crucial. If we were 3 up on Detroit as we should be that would have made a world of difference entering this series. It would have been huge. The fact the Sox are not 3 up entering tonight's game is very deflating considering Det. couldn't win one in Los Angeles.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 05:50 PM)

Uh oh. Is this trouble for us? Does Youk sense this team is going nowhere? Yesterday was very very crucial. If we were 3 up on Detroit as we should be that would have made a world of difference entering this series. It would have been huge. The fact the Sox are not 3 up entering tonight's game is very deflating considering Det. couldn't win one in Los Angeles.

I'm pretty sure Youk gave up on the team. Him and Valentine conspired to take down the White Sox from the inside. This plan was developed in 10 months ago and has only recently come close to fruition, since Youks wife gave birth. Youk is a mole, and his child is the greatest foil in the history of the game, better even than a black cat on the field and goat in the stands.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 10:55 PM)
I'm pretty sure Youk gave up on the team. Him and Valentine conspired to take down the White Sox from the inside. This plan was developed in 10 months ago and has only recently come close to fruition, since Youks wife gave birth. Youk is a mole, and his child is the greatest foil in the history of the game, better even than a black cat on the field and goat in the stands.

Uh oh again. Your conspiracy theory is intriguing.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 05:37 PM)
Guys on CTL are giving Youk some crap about not being with the team yesterday. Supposedly the baby was born Friday and both baby and mom were fine and healthy Saturday morning.

They need to STFU. Your family trumps baseball. Kaplan and his bunch of loudmouths probably know nothing about that, as who would sleep with David Kaplan, let alone bear his spawn?

Don't forget Myers conspiring to try to blow as many games as possible so he would finish those and end up with his $10 million contract for next season.

The leave policy is clearly for 3 days. The only reason it's an issue with YOUK is because we lost that game in horrible fashion, but they SHOULD be taking issue with Olmedo/Ramirez/Ventura more than Youkilis.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 05:20 PM)
They need to STFU. Your family trumps baseball. Kaplan and his bunch of loudmouths probably know nothing about that, as who would sleep with David Kaplan, let alone bear his spawn?

Great post! PLus the few days rest might be a good thing in his case.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 05:37 PM)

It's one of those things where it's just better not to say anything even if you're thinking the same.

First child for Youk (her second), plus he's been banged up, I don't have a problem with him missing the weekend series that should have been a Sox sweep even without him.

But in general, unless there's a complication or something, it should be a 2-day thing. I don't know what's going on with Youk's situation, so I can't judge him. I have a much bigger problem with Alexei Ramirez showing up late Sunday.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 06:57 PM)
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 12:53 PM)

Adam Dunn had an OPS of .691 in August. Wise was .706.

Can't argue with the stats. If you want a journeyman OF over a guy that will easily surpass 500 ML homers then you are entitled to that opinion.

Adam Dunn is hurt, and isn't the same player. The numbers bear that out.

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 07:04 PM)
In central Illinois I am getting the U.S. Open Men's final instead of the game. Anyone else having the same issue?

Same issue it is on CBS also what else do they need for tennis.

Edited by Soxfest