Sox vs Tigers... The Final Countdown!!!!

LittleHurt05

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 12:18 PM)
It was as Jenksy Cat said. The surprise was about the availability and lack of demand for tickets to four home games that will decide the outcome of the season.

By sheer numbers, there's just not enough "White Sox fans" in this city to produce 40,000 showing up and another X thousand wanting tickets. Unless it's an actual playoff game/game 163, I don't see how you'd get Sox games getting to that point frequently.

It's still a middle of the week (would be easier on weekend) series in September, and there's 4 of them...just not enough to go around. Cubs could probably pull it off since there's probably at least 3-4 Cubs fans for every Sox fan out there.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 03:52 PM)
I cannot function today at work.

I am too nervous.

I don't get nervous anymore when we play KC or Detroit cause I expect the worst. If we somehow win, the joy will be so much greater that way.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 01:28 PM)
By sheer numbers, there's just not enough "White Sox fans" in this city to produce 40,000 showing up and another X thousand wanting tickets. Unless it's an actual playoff game/game 163, I don't see how you'd get Sox games getting to that point frequently.

It's still a middle of the week (would be easier on weekend) series in September, and there's 4 of them...just not enough to go around. Cubs could probably pull it off since there's probably at least 3-4 Cubs fans for every Sox fan out there.

I doubt we'll even get 30,000 tonight. I'll be there tonight among the 20,000 Sox fans drowning out the roars of the 8,000 or so Tiger fans. Go Sox!!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 01:37 PM)
I don't get nervous anymore when we play KC or Detroit cause I expect the worst. If we somehow win, the joy will be so much greater that way.

I feel better about the Sox playing Detroit than KC. However, they really need to step it up starting tonight and win. A Sox sweep would make for a 6 game lead. That could spell the end of the season for Detroit. The flip side is that a sweep by the Tigers gives them a 2 game lead, and that could mark the beginning of the end for the Sox. A split would be meh, but at least the Sox would still be leading. IMO, a Sox sweep or a Sox 3-1 series win is a must.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 03:19 PM)
Every player in bold should be laying bunts down the 3B line all series long.

I asked this last time, have other teams been doing this? I know I havent seen any highlights of it...He's not completely immobilized out there, I remember a play he made in front of the SS last game, and the tag up play, which while it was a bad play by Wise it showed me he can still move.

If he's playing back, go for it, don't just do it to do it and give up outs.

Youks been pretty banged up for awhile yet I can't remember a team ever attacking him with bunts...If he can't field a bunt he wouldnt be out there IMO he'd be DHing

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 04:19 PM)
Every player in bold should be laying bunts down the 3B line all series long.

I agree with you 100% play aggressive make things happen..... But it begs the question.... Will they be able to get the bunts down??? :-s

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 01:42 PM)
I don't get it. The guy is f***ing lucky to be on a major league baseball roster. He should be busting ass twice as hard to try to prove he belongs.

Awesome best post I've seen in awile :cheers

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 03:04 PM)
I feel better about the Sox playing Detroit than KC. However, they really need to step it up starting tonight and win. A Sox sweep would make for a 6 game lead. That could spell the end of the season for Detroit. The flip side is that a sweep by the Tigers gives them a 2 game lead, and that could mark the beginning of the end for the Sox. A split would be meh, but at least the Sox would still be leading. IMO, a Sox sweep or a Sox 3-1 series win is a must.

If the tigers sweep the sox in a 4 game series at their own ballpark, the season is over.

QUOTE (SnB @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 04:03 PM)
If the tigers sweep the sox in a 4 game series at their own ballpark, the season is over.

Yep, and rightfully so. The Tigers would have all of the momentum, and the Sox would just fade away.

But, we won't have to worry about that...right?

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Sep 10, 2012 -> 02:11 PM)
Yep, and rightfully so. The Tigers would have all of the momentum, and the Sox would just fade away.

But, we won't have to worry about that...right?

The tigers have had all the momentum twice already sweeping the Sox then following up each sweep by going 1-5 and 2-6 respectively. The Tigers don't know the meaning of the word...

Of course I'd prefer to win 3 of 4 and not having to see if lightening strikes thrice...

As far as Olmedo is concerned I didn't see the play as it wasn't televised by from what folks are saying it was a real bonehead play on his part. On those types of plays you have to bust your behind and try and make things happen. If you don't hustle ain't nothing good going to occur