GT: Sox vs. Tigers...The Final Countdown Continues

LittleHurt05

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 04:27 AM)
2-0 and over swinging pop up on the infield which followed the overswinging attempt from Dyan that was some real bad baseball tonight

I'm all for shuffling the lineup. Hell, put Beckham 2nd and move Youk to around 6th. His batting average is around .235 with the Sox now and he's not drawing a lot of walks.

You got to be a huge optimist to not see what is coming ... a 1-3 series.

Tank is really annoying me. Just another Soriano, using a bat that's too big and trying to hit everything out. Twenty homers and 60 ribbies? Blah. Not really productive when you never walk and every at bat you are trying to hit it out. Enough for Tank to keep a job and hopefully with experience he'll improve. But as far as this year? He does deserve to be platooned the rest of the way.

Horrible loss. We got the 2-0 lead and Jake sucked. Then the bunt fiasco with Youk. That really deflated me. Hope it didn't deflate the team. I love Robin and he's a big reason we are 2 games up on Detroit, but tonight sucked again and Detroit continues TO OWN the White Sox. We got owned again.

Liriano is there to get outs. Just cause he starts doesn't mean he can't come out of the pen. He's a power pitcher with a hard slider. He sucked, blame him, not Robin. I realize they lost and I'm pissed about the loss, but I had zero problem with the bunt decision (other then Hudson should have been the one doing it). And I think they should have had Dan Johnson in.

However, all of that is a moot point since some of you are acting like it was the dumbest thing ever to use Liriano. It isn't like we are talking about some scrub that never pitches. The dude is in our rotation and is paid to get guys out. He's handled pressure situations plenty of times, he just wet the bed, plain and simple.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 08:29 PM)
You got to be a huge optimist to not see what is coming ... a 1-3 series.

Tank is really annoying me. Just another Soriano, using a bat that's too big and trying to hit everything out. Twenty homers and 60 ribbies? Blah. Not really productive when you never walk and every at bat you are trying to hit it out. Enough for Tank to keep a job and hopefully with experience he'll improve. But as far as this year? He does deserve to be platooned the rest of the way.

Horrible loss. We got the 2-0 lead and Jake sucked. Then the bunt fiasco with Youk. That really deflated me. Hope it didn't deflate the team. I love Robin and he's a big reason we are 2 games up on Detroit, but tonight sucked again and Detroit continues TO OWN the White Sox. We got owned again.

Sox are taking 3 out of 4. Book it.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 03:29 AM)
Liriano is there to get outs. Just cause he starts doesn't mean he can't come out of the pen. He's a power pitcher with a hard slider. He sucked, blame him, not Robin. I realize they lost and I'm pissed about the loss, but I had zero problem with the bunt decision (other then Hudson should have been the one doing it). And I think they should have had Dan Johnson in.

However, all of that is a moot point since some of you are acting like it was the dumbest thing ever to use Liriano. It isn't like we are talking about some scrub that never pitches. The dude is in our rotation and is paid to get guys out. He's handled pressure situations plenty of times, he just wet the bed, plain and simple.

My personal belief is you play for the win if you're the Sox in the 8th. You had already used a lot of your "trusted" relievers earlier in the game, and you had Benoit on the ropes. Something that will be overshadowed by the bunt call is Konerko failing to do anything with a hanging slider that he would have crushed in April and May.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 10:29 PM)

Seriously? You have zero problem with it except Hudson should have been doing it?

That's like saying you have no problem having sex with a man, except you'd prefer it to be with a woman...