2012 NLDS Nationals vs Cardinals

Brian

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 12, 2012 -> 11:17 PM)
Pathetic effort by Drew Storen tonight. Terrible pitching with 2 strikes and you simply can't walk two batters in the 9th inning with a 2 run lead.
2 strikes, nibble nibble nibble, walk. Painful to watch and I don't even care who wins this series.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 12, 2012 -> 11:17 PM)
Pathetic effort by Drew Storen tonight. Terrible pitching with 2 strikes and you simply can't walk two batters in the 9th inning with a 2 run lead.

I thought bringing in Edwin Jackson in the 7th was the type of move to give the other team momentum.

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Oct 12, 2012 -> 08:39 PM)
If the Nats lose this, f*** the playoff field left. I don't care to see the Tigers (06), Yankees (09), Giants (10), or Cards (06, 11) in the World Series again. BORING.

Yep. Pretty much.

HOW CAN YOU NOT BE ENTERTAINED BY THIS CARDINALS TEAM?! ANSWER ME

That's one of the best comeback's ever. E-V-E-R. I'm bummed the A's and O's didnt make it too, s*** I wanted to see the Reds.... but come on, the Cardinals are just awesome to watch.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Oct 12, 2012 -> 11:25 PM)

That's one of the best comeback's ever. E-V-E-R. I'm bummed the A's and O's didnt make it too, s*** I wanted to see the Reds.... but come on, the Cardinals are just awesome to watch.

Cardinals fans are insufferable. It really is the only reason I was hoping they wouldn't win.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Oct 12, 2012 -> 09:25 PM)

They won last year. I want new people. That's my reason.

That being said I think the Cards are gonna win it all now...

QUOTE (Cali @ Oct 12, 2012 -> 10:30 PM)
They won last year. I want new people. That's my reason.

That being said I think the Cards are gonna win it all now...

No Pujols + No LaRussa = New People

What an impressive organization. I've often thought that in the Yankees case, it probably got boring to buy championships after a while (from a fans perspective). This is not that. Our friends in Wrigley must be loving life right now.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 12, 2012 -> 11:28 PM)
Cardinals fans are insufferable. It really is the only reason I was hoping they wouldn't win.

They always ridicule me when I tel them I'm from Chicagoland. Because everyone here is a Cubs fan.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 13, 2012 -> 04:00 AM)
Don't think Strasburg would of made a difference, Edwin Jackson sucks game 4 instead and pretty much Detweiler pitched as well as Strasburg would have.

If Strasburg was pitching last night, I bet he does better than only 5 IP, 3 ER. Gio let the Cardinals back in the game.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Oct 12, 2012 -> 11:30 PM)
Only get so many chances to get to a World Series and Washington just blew one.

Well at least Strasburg is rested for all of those other playoff appearances

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 13, 2012 -> 04:00 AM)
Don't think Strasburg would of made a difference, Edwin Jackson sucks game 4 instead and pretty much Detweiler pitched as well as Strasburg would have.

If Strasburg pitched, they could have come home 2-0 with another spot for Strasburg to start in the last game. It absolutely made a difference

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 13, 2012 -> 09:08 AM)
Well at least Strasburg is rested for all of those other playoff appearances

If Strasburg pitched, they could have come home 2-0 with another spot for Strasburg to start in the last game. It absolutely made a difference

Gio most likely would of still started game 1 and they still would of lost with Jackson/Zimmerman/Gio2