White Sox winter meetings thread...

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 05:43 AM)
Wouldn't mind a LH hitter, but I'll take am Upton over the supposed balance any day. I would rather have a good righty than a mediocre lefty just for balance.

I agree with entirely. I would also "rather have a good righty than a mediocre left".

However, what this team needs is a really good left handed hitter, for the middle of the order!!

Adam Dunn shouldn't bat any higher than 5TH.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 06:33 AM)
Another guy KW always coveted is Michael Young and he has come up in trade discussions.

He is a name I have had in the back of my mind for while, though unless the Sox get a massive prospect or two back with him, I'm not sure how that deal would work now. The Sox aren't desperate at 3rd anymore.

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 06:24 AM)
A guy that KW always coveted was Jose Reyes. Now that he's in Toronto, and they have been interested in Floyd, maybe he gets flipped to the Sox in some kind of deal.

It doesn't make that much sense from a Blue Jay pespective but you never know.

2013-$10m

2014-$16m

2015-$22m

2016-$22m

2017-$22m

2018-$22m or $4m buyout.

That means at least $96 million over 5 years. It doesn't make sense for the White Sox either.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 10:08 AM)
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS

If the #chisox can clear money (look away gavin floyd), they will start thinking seriously about a big hitter, likely a lhh

So who are the best LH hitters that could possibly be available other than Hamilton?

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 11:18 AM)
I was assuming he was talking trade. I can't think of anyone but Bourn. And I'm not sure I'd call him a "big" hitter.

Yeah, when I said available, I was thinking available via trade. I can't see it being Bourn either.

One would think he means a LH with power...I have no idea...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 11:26 AM)
Yeah, when I said available, I was thinking available via trade. I can't see it being Bourn either.

One would think he means a LH with power...I have no idea...

Headley or Logan Morrison? Not sure where LoMo would fit or if he's even an upgrade at this point.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 10:35 AM)
Plus he is a guy the Sox wanted really bad when the Yankees got him. They noticed a flaw in his swing.

I really do not want to move Alex for Granderson. Not sure they would have much interest in De Aza?? I too think Curtis would be a great fit in the cell

QUOTE (rowand's rowdies @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 10:48 AM)
Granderson for Floyd, Thornton, and Quintana? Let the Yankees add pitching and forget about the mistake they made by letting Quintana go and let them add bullpen help. We might get something else back in this deal, too. Thoughts?

not sure it would take all 3 of them. floyd and thornton alone would have to interest them. then we could spin De Aza or Dayan for an upgrade somehere. possible package with beckham for a 2nd baseman or 3rd baseman. Dayan, Beckham a start to possibly Headley (with Keppinger than going to 2nd)

QUOTE (rowand's rowdies @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 10:48 AM)
Granderson for Floyd, Thornton, and Quintana? Let the Yankees add pitching and forget about the mistake they made by letting Quintana go and let them add bullpen help. We might get something else back in this deal, too. Thoughts?

Too much for one year of Granderson.

Take out Quintana and that looks much better, maybe throw in a prospect.

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 10:50 AM)
not sure it would take all 3 of them. floyd and thornton alone would have to interest them. then we could spin De Aza or Dayan for an upgrade somehere. possible package with beckham for a 2nd baseman or 3rd baseman. Dayan, Beckham a start to possibly Headley (with Keppinger than going to 2nd)

Headley's not going anywhere and the Padres have laid out pretty strong indications to this idea for about 6 months now.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 10:51 AM)
is Granderson actually considered at all available?

Andrew Marchand of ESPN New York reports that the Yankees are listening to offers on Curtis Granderson.

Phil Hughes and Ivan Nova are also reportedly being shopped. The Yankees are in serious cost-cutting mode with the hope of scooting comfortably under the luxury tax threshold prior to the start of the 2014 season. Granderson, 31, batted .232/.319/.492 with 43 home runs and 106 RBI in 160 games this summer for New York. He's owed a $15 million salary in 2013.

Source: Andrew Marchand on Twitter