Catch-All Anything Thread

cabiness42

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 10:38 AM)
Well, that was a productive 14 hours or so. Building security where the wife works found the guy. He came through the back loading dock and waited for two of her co-workers to exit and ran in and cased the joint. My wife, having left her wallet on top of her purse, made her an easy target.

Here's the f***stick in action.

irk5.jpg

He's part of the Florida Felony Lane Gang, as Kyyle mentioned, this is something that happens all the time. They have a shot of his car and license plate both at her work and Target, and nice pretty shots of both dudes' faces at Target.

Idiots will be rounded up before the end of the day I would imagine. And yes, we'd like to press charges.

I understand that this sucks and it is very annoying for you, but why is it necessary to post his picture on here? Seems odd. Glad they found the guy though.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 08:16 PM)
Whoever stoke it off her desk is stupid w/ cameras. I had $60 stolen out of my wallet at work a few years ago and the camera caught the girl clear as day. So stupid.

I love catching thieves at my club. I'm good at being aware and observing everyone that comes in. They may steal once but they always come back and I get them. It's fun catching these idiots that think they're so sneaky.

In California it is a labor violation to have camera's on an individuals desk area.

For the third time now, my debit card with Chase has had fraudulent charges attempted to be charged against it. Chase did catch them and denied payment, but I had to cancel the card get a new one. After the last time, i vowed to not use it except to withdraw cash, and I only withdraw cash at Chase machines, and only at branches and Walgreens. Does anyone have any idea how the thieves are getting my card info.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 06:40 PM)
For the third time now, my debit card with Chase has had fraudulent charges attempted to be charged against it. Chase did catch them and denied payment, but I had to cancel the card get a new one. After the last time, i vowed to not use it except to withdraw cash, and I only withdraw cash at Chase machines, and only at branches and Walgreens. Does anyone have any idea how the thieves are getting my card info.

Yes I do. Two reasons:

1: they are hacking a specific merchant you are using, or a specific merchant bank. They can do this a variety of different ways, through software security flaws, people on the inside, insecure wireless signals. Etc. they steal all of the pertinent info and sell it online to people that rewrite magnetic strips of gift cards or closed credit cards and go spend.

2: numerical theft. They take one credit card number and run a program to test thousands of numbers in order after that first number. All of the card numbers that test ok are sold online and used quickly.

This is my job, this is what I do. My advise is use your card normally, set up fraud alerts either via text or phone call, and make sure you can monitor your account online and watch it frequently. It isn't your fault, it isn't the banks fault, normally it isn't the merchants fault. These crooks are good at what they do. We try very hard to keep our strategies updated and these guys just keep going

two years ago I was driving up through Wisconsin. I stopped at a gas station in Lomira, as soon as I drove off and got back on the highway, my credit card company called me.

-sir, did you just spend $600 at this gas station?

-No, I just bought $60 worth of gas, that's it.

-Well then, it appears your card has been compromised. Stop using that one and we will send you a new one.

Pretty impressive they caught it so quick, must have been a scanner installed on the gas pump.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 02:03 PM)
I understand that this sucks and it is very annoying for you, but why is it necessary to post his picture on here? Seems odd. Glad they found the guy though.

Are you kidding? First, they didn't find him yet, and second, because f*** him.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 22, 2013 -> 09:17 PM)
two years ago I was driving up through Wisconsin. I stopped at a gas station in Lomira, as soon as I drove off and got back on the highway, my credit card company called me.

-sir, did you just spend $600 at this gas station?

-No, I just bought $60 worth of gas, that's it.

-Well then, it appears your card has been compromised. Stop using that one and we will send you a new one.

Pretty impressive they caught it so quick, must have been a scanner installed on the gas pump.

Oh yea, that's a pump skimmer. They break inside the pumps and install the reader on the inside, it is a pretty big scam

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 11:05 PM)
We didn't have all the info. $2,100 charged at Target and Walgreens in Warrenville and Hillside before fraud alert went off. All on giftcard. So stupid they didn't check ID.

Already got video. Two black guys. Someone stole her wallet off her desk at f***ing work. Security cams there should be interesting tomorrow.

Thanks goodness for $0 owed with fraud protection. The two hours at the police department sucked tonight, though.

THAT'S RACIST.

I was going to write this odd introspective post about 15k posts, 11 years and all of the strange ideas that go on in my head and give real insight into the person behind the screen.

Then I read about Rose and I seriously got sad.

So I know it wont mean anything, because I dont really believe in anything, but I just want Rose to be okay.

Its been a long strange trip and I do appreciate all of you who have interacted with me over the last decade. I am sorry if my online personality can be standoffish.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 23, 2013 -> 01:13 AM)
I was going to write this odd introspective post about 15k posts, 11 years and all of the strange ideas that go on in my head and give real insight into the person behind the screen.

Then I read about Rose and I seriously got sad.

So I know it wont mean anything, because I dont really believe in anything, but I just want Rose to be okay.

Its been a long strange trip and I do appreciate all of you who have interacted with me over the last decade. I am sorry if my online personality can be standoffish.

Wow, you've been here longer than me? Didn't think there were too many of you!

Watching sports on the west coast is such a game changer. These Sunday/Monday night games are over by 8:30. I can barely stay awake for them at home.

My Mom was in Hawaii during the 2005 World Series. That epic 5 hour, 41 minute Game 3? Over before 9pm.

I don't know if any of you have ever had the displeasure of driving back and forth between Indianapolis and South Bend, but today a newly-built US 31 bypass of Kokomo opened, reducing the US 31 stoplight count by 15. My trip to visit family for Thanksgiving just got about 15 minutes shorter!

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 08:59 PM)
Watching sports on the west coast is such a game changer. These Sunday/Monday night games are over by 8:30. I can barely stay awake for them at home.

I love it. Getting up on Sunday mornings and having football games start at 10 am is pretty awesome. Early late games are another bonus.