Catch-All Anything Thread

cabiness42

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 18, 2013 -> 10:26 PM)
Did you have babies though? I've read a "stat" that 80% of the time there is babies involved. If you trap the female the babies will die and stink up the house.

There wasnt babies, so you should look and keep them with the mom.

Any way you do it, it is probably a death sentence for the babies. Moving them to the woods right when winter starts isnt gonna be good for them, and a exterminator will euthanize them

Not quite sure how this story has eluded me for over a year, but I'm so thankful to have found it.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012...arged-with-dui/

Police in Dubuque, Iowa, responded to an unusual call this week: reports of a zebra and a parrot in the front seat of a truck parked outside a bar. The striped animal and his fine feathered friend were there to keep their owner company, but weren’t allowed in the bar.

Jerald Reiter, 55, told police the zebra and maccaw parrot enjoy going for rides in his truck, so he brought them to the bar, which he says usually allows animals inside, ABC affiliate KCRG-TV reports.

When the motley crew got to the bar, they were told because food was being served, the animals wouldn’t be allowed inside. Bar owners told KCRG no animals are ever allowed inside.

When officers arrived on the scene, they stopped Reiter in the parking as he was driving his truck away. Field sobriety tests found he had a blood alcohol level of .14, nearly twice the legal limit, according to police.

His girlfriend, Vickie Teters, told KCRB the animals are like their children, and do everything with them.

“They love going for rides. They’re just a part of the family,” Teters said. “They were not left alone in the car, not even a second.”

Reiter also disputes the drunk driving charge, saying he realized he was too drunk to drive, and was about to let a passenger take the wheel when he was arrested.

2i7qss2.jpg

2cxycfm.jpg

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Nov 20, 2013 -> 09:18 AM)
Not quite sure how this story has eluded me for over a year, but I'm so thankful to have found it.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012...arged-with-dui/

2i7qss2.jpg

2cxycfm.jpg

Who was going to drive the bird or the zebra? He should have told the cops he was doing promo work the upcoming Noah's Ark movie.

Has anyone ever taken tax preparation classes or courses? I do my own taxes and know so many people who have no idea what they're doing that I've been thinking about taking some so when tax time rolls around I might be able to make a little extra money on the side helping out. Anyone do this or know someone who does? I'm looking for the best way to just get started with it.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 04:10 PM)
My wife lost her wallet at some point today. $700 charged to our credit card at Walgreen's and Target before fraud took over.

People are really s***ty.

Indeed they are. What makes me even more worried about it is the number of times I've swiped my card for a $50+ purchase and the cashier doesn't even ask to look at my card.

My wife lost her wallet at some point today. $700 charged to our credit card at Walgreen's and Target before fraud took over.

That's crazy to charge that much and the employee doesn't even ask for ID? Awful

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 07:05 PM)
That's crazy to charge that much and the employee doesn't even ask for ID? Awful

Happens every day, for much much more than that. I know, I have to recover the funds for my job.

That's gift cards they bought, and they probably drove to the stores designated by the gift cards and burned them up already

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 04:40 PM)
Indeed they are. What makes me even more worried about it is the number of times I've swiped my card for a $50+ purchase and the cashier doesn't even ask to look at my card.

Stores prefer it that way, they don't want their employees getting into confrontations with criminals

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 07:17 PM)
Stores prefer it that way, they don't want their employees getting into confrontations with criminals

When I was in college, I used my girlfriends card at a grocery store. The teller was an older lady, and she looked at the card itself. She gavee a look, and said with a smile "You don't look like a [wite's gf]." I just laughed and explained that it was her card and she laughed.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 09:10 PM)
When I was in college, I used my girlfriends card at a grocery store. The teller was an older lady, and she looked at the card itself. She gavee a look, and said with a smile "You don't look like a [wite's gf]." I just laughed and explained that it was her card and she laughed.

It's funny, but exactly why credit card fraud is out of control

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 07:05 PM)

We didn't have all the info. $2,100 charged at Target and Walgreens in Warrenville and Hillside before fraud alert went off. All on giftcard. So stupid they didn't check ID.

Already got video. Two black guys. Someone stole her wallet off her desk at f***ing work. Security cams there should be interesting tomorrow.

Thanks goodness for $0 owed with fraud protection. The two hours at the police department sucked tonight, though.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 18, 2013 -> 04:10 PM)
Random question - anyone collect coins or stamps? I was at a fundraiser a couple of weeks ago and ended up winning an assortment of coins and stamps. They're supposedly valued at about $1,000 (for a $40 donation...not bad!). Anyways, one of the stamps in particular was valued at $400 bucks. Some used 1920's stamp from a zeppelin flight or something. I have no idea where to go to (1) get an idea of what this stuff is worth, (2) whether it's worth holding on to, and if not (3) where to sell them.

eBay.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 10:05 PM)
Already got video. Two black guys. Someone stole her wallet off her desk at f***ing work. Security cams there should be interesting tomorrow.

Whoever stoke it off her desk is stupid w/ cameras. I had $60 stolen out of my wallet at work a few years ago and the camera caught the girl clear as day. So stupid.

I love catching thieves at my club. I'm good at being aware and observing everyone that comes in. They may steal once but they always come back and I get them. It's fun catching these idiots that think they're so sneaky.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 10:05 PM)
We didn't have all the info. $2,100 charged at Target and Walgreens in Warrenville and Hillside before fraud alert went off. All on giftcard. So stupid they didn't check ID.

Thanks goodness for $0 owed with fraud protection. The two hours at the police department sucked tonight, though.

Hopefully an arrest is made. You would be surprised how many people have their wallets/purses/cards stolen off their desks at work. I bet your wife locks her stuff up from now on

On this subject. My friend was crashing at my empty condo and she was walking down the street and found a wallet. Luckily enough the guys business card was in it. She called him and told him where to meet her.

The guy and his friends were so jacked that she found it and called him right away that they hung out with her at the bar all night and picked up the tab as well as gave her cab money back to Oak park.

That's f***ing taking care of someone.

On the flip side my old mailman stole my credit card and rang up over 1200 in charges on dj equipment and had it delivered to 59th and Morgan. Needless to say the guy is doing a little time.

Edited by RockRaines

Well, that was a productive 14 hours or so. Building security where the wife works found the guy. He came through the back loading dock and waited for two of her co-workers to exit and ran in and cased the joint. My wife, having left her wallet on top of her purse, made her an easy target.

Here's the f***stick in action.

irk5.jpg

He's part of the Florida Felony Lane Gang, as Kyyle mentioned, this is something that happens all the time. They have a shot of his car and license plate both at her work and Target, and nice pretty shots of both dudes' faces at Target.

Idiots will be rounded up before the end of the day I would imagine. And yes, we'd like to press charges.